PDA

View Full Version : video game toilets

diabolita23
12-12-06, 03:48 PM
Look, itís the 12 best video game toilets of all times: http://maximonline.com/slideshows/index.aspx?imgCollectId=107&src=gp156
I thought it was interesting that they were almost all FPS games. I guess you can look at the toilets better from a first person perspective. I also thought they should have the toilet from Condemned there with all the poo and the severed head. And Sims 2 has a much wider selection of toilets than Sims 1. Still, funny.

CaptNKILL
12-12-06, 07:39 PM
I haven't looked at it yet, but I wonder if they have the one from Kingpin with the big piece of crap in it... :D

EDIT: Nope, it isnt there. :(

Becoming
12-12-06, 08:59 PM
No toilet from Maniac Mansion either I see. Pffft.

Mr_LoL
12-13-06, 12:27 AM
My very first videogame toilet was from DukeNukem. Lookslike its number 1

toxikneedle
12-13-06, 12:31 AM
Redneck Rampage, lol that brought back some memmories.

Zelda_fan
12-13-06, 12:36 AM
this has got to be one of the stupidest articles ever written. Please, is the news THAT dry that you can't think about anything to write about other than toilets? Two MAJOR consoles have just been released. idiots...

NaitoSan
12-13-06, 05:38 AM
hmm this article is old but still funny :D

they need to update it or something.

CaptNKILL
12-13-06, 06:58 AM
this has got to be one of the stupidest articles ever written. Please, is the news THAT dry that you can't think about anything to write about other than toilets? Two MAJOR consoles have just been released. idiots...
Oh yeah, like anyone would have bothered looking at it if it was one of five hundred thousand articles on the Wii or PS3. :wonder:

:p

They have already done articles on various games for the new consoles anyway.

Knot3D
12-13-06, 06:59 AM
Funny article. It's NOT stupid. Toilets are an underestimated aspect of videogame history. It's crucial setpiece in games, to strengthen the human aspect in games. The article is a good reminder of this aspect of game world
creation.

In most games it's a means to create an area of fear of decay. Dirty & blood stained bathrooms are almost iconic, i'd say.

More examples are toilets from :

- Metal Gear Solid ; the Johnny Sasaki 'running' gag
- Silent Hill games ; for horror setpiece purposes
- Golden Eye 007 ; opportunity to shoot unassuming guards

CaptNKILL
12-13-06, 07:14 AM
Funny article. It's NOT stupid. Toilets are an underestimated aspect of videogame history. It's crucial setpiece in games, to strengthen the human aspect in games. The article is a good reminder of this aspect of game world
creation.

In most games it's a means to create an area of fear of decay. Dirty & blood stained bathrooms are almost iconic, i'd say.

More examples are toilets from :

- Metal Gear Solid ; the Johnny Sasaki 'running' gag
- Silent Hill games ; for horror setpiece purposes
- Golden Eye 007 ; opportunity to shoot unassuming guards
Don't forget Deus Ex! If you went into the women's restroom in the UNATCO headquarters a lady would yell at you and your superiors would comment on it later saying that they had a complaint and that that kind of behavior isn't acceptable.

:lol:

fugu_fish
12-14-06, 08:23 AM
My very first videogame toilet was from DukeNukem. Lookslike its number 1

Some industrious modders have recreated many of the Duke Nukem maps for Fear multiplayer, including the theater map with the toilets. They are actually very well done with original Duke sound effects.

Capt. Picard
12-14-06, 08:26 AM
If I rememer correctly one of the old counterstrike maps, militia, also had a turd in the toilet upstairs.

Pafet
12-16-06, 10:03 AM
how about this one :D

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=22923&stc=1&d=1166281307

(max payne)

Riplayne
12-16-06, 03:13 PM
If I rememer correctly one of the old counterstrike maps, militia, also had a turd in the toilet upstairs.

One of them on doom 3 did to.

Roadhog
12-16-06, 04:33 PM

You mean like this? :captnkill: (nana2) (lee63)

http://www.area51.infiniteorigin.com/toilet.jpg

SH64
12-16-06, 05:26 PM
Redneck Rampage, lol that brought back some memmories.
Oh yeah .. it ain't no sheeeit. that game was nasty yet a very good FPS.

diabolita23
12-19-06, 01:00 PM
They don't have the toilets from Bully either. Could use an update, definitely. I think they stopped too early, could easily have sustained my attention for the 24 greatest video game toilets of all time.