PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2 (X360/PC) Gets Havok Physics

SH64
12-13-06, 12:46 AM
Hopefully a game that takes advantage of Quantum physics aswell!
Havok announced that Lionhead Studios has licensed physics and animation solution Havok Complete for use in Fable 2.
Says Molyneux “Using Havok’s technology means that we don’t have to worry about finding an efficient way to do all the complex physics calculations ourselves that are required to create a huge, vibrant, real time and persistent virtual world such as the one we’re creating for Fable 2. By using Havok, we bypass a lot of the heavy physics maths and concentrate our teams more on the creative and innovative elements of the game."
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=39289&mode=thread&order=0

|MaguS|
12-13-06, 12:59 AM
If the game doesn't need to load when equiping a shovel then its already better then the original...

nrdstrm
12-13-06, 03:58 AM
If the game doesn't need to load when equiping a shovel then its already better then the original...

ROFL...Thats a great line...I never played it, but I assume it had horrid load times...ROFL...

BTW Magus, Beta 4 starts tomorrow....shhhh

brady
12-13-06, 06:06 AM
Maths...Look around you. Maths, look around you. Maths. :captnkill:

|MaguS|
12-13-06, 10:43 AM
BTW Magus, Beta 4 starts tomorrow....shhhh

We gotta trade ingame names... I might actually strt playing seeing how its almost playable now.

hirantha
12-13-06, 10:46 AM
Original was amazing!! had so much fun, great story. Those english did a fine job on it.. hopefully we can see even better all around Fable.

Namrok
12-13-06, 10:50 AM
I don't remember the original having long load times... then again, I played it on my friends hacked Xbox, and he was loading it off the hard drive...so yeah...

Still, any game where I can run up to a family, slaughter the father, watch the women and children run inside and lock the door, then cry and scream as I run around the perimeter smashing in all the windows before finally breaking through the door and slaughtering them is a good thing.

I must have wiped out my home town at least 3 times so I could buy up, and rent out, all the buildings.

|MaguS|
12-13-06, 10:56 AM
Still, any game where I can run up to a family, slaughter the father, watch the women and children run inside and lock the door, then cry and scream as I run around the perimeter smashing in all the windows before finally breaking through the door and slaughtering them is a good thing.

I killed the father and married the mother... LOL

ENU291
12-13-06, 11:31 AM
I killed the father and married the mother... LOL
I had a feeling you were a sick individual but DAMN!!! :D

einstein_314
12-13-06, 05:00 PM
Maths...Look around you. Maths, look around you. Maths. :captnkill:
:rofl

I love the look around you shows!!!

SH64
12-13-06, 05:51 PM
I dont remember the original having long loading times :wtf:
you must be confusing it with another game.

|MaguS|
12-13-06, 05:53 PM
I dont remember the original having long loading times :wtf:
you must be confusing it with another game.

Never said anything about the load times lenght... there just were alot of load scenes... like one that would happen after equiping the shovel...