PDA

View Full Version : splinter cell difficult?

cricket
03-04-03, 09:27 AM
i started playing splinter cell about 5 days ago and in begining it was going pretty smoothly, as far as dificulty ,(completing game ojective's)...but after about the 5th chapter(im currently at chapter 8)..it start's getting really difficult to figure out what to do where to go and how to do it...did anyone else here think this game would be as hard as it turns out to be? i must say it is very good graphically, and one heck of a nice game, but one of the harder games ive ever played.

Sazar
03-04-03, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by cricket
i started playing splinter cell about 5 days ago and in begining it was going pretty smoothly, as far as dificulty ,(completing game ojective's)...but after about the 5th chapter(im currently at chapter 8)..it start's getting really difficult to figure out what to do where to go and how to do it...did anyone else here think this game would be as hard as it turns out to be? i must say it is very good graphically, and one heck of a nice game, but one of the harder games ive ever played.

I think that was the point... :)

Smokey
03-04-03, 11:02 AM
My brother in law has in on the XBox and is stuck, he wants me to get it on the pc so that I can help him if I finish it :p

jnd3
03-04-03, 11:53 AM
Yeah, it seems to get progressively more difficult as you move on through the game. Knowing where to go is the thing, as opposed to more difficult enemies. I wandered around the CIA building for quite some time before I figured out that you needed to use the "down" button in the elevator instead of "up".... :D

Still, it's incredibly fun sneaking around in the shadows and avoiding alarms....

Cheers,
JND

Raptorman
03-04-03, 12:20 PM
It keeps getting harder. I forgot where I am, but I'm playing it on the XBOX. Sometimes you just got to give it up, and walk away for about a half hour and come back. Frustrating at times.

PsychoSy
03-04-03, 02:55 PM
I've been playing the PC demo and after I tumble inside an elevator, the game goes back to the Ubi Soft logo. :(

cricket
03-04-03, 08:32 PM
if you really need help a walk through guide for splinter cell can be found here: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/gameguides/video/splintercell/index.html .......just keep clicking on "next page" at ending of each page to continue further in depth for walkthrough of each mission. only use this walk through if your really really stuck and cant firgure out which way or what to do.

Sazar
03-04-03, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by PsychoSy
I've been playing the PC demo and after I tumble inside an elevator, the game goes back to the Ubi Soft logo. :(

lol yah I thought it was a bug until someone enlightened me with the info that it was actually the end of the demo :)

cricket
03-04-03, 11:53 PM
im up to like chapter 11 and man...this game kicks ass! best game i think ever made!

AngelGraves13
03-05-03, 03:06 AM
one of the best........the best game ever made might be S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Grechie
03-05-03, 04:46 AM
hey i got this game on pc and finished it on normal, yes it gets harder each stage wondering what to do, anyways its a nice ending etc now i herd if you finish it on hard once u get unlimited ammo, so im gonna play it on hard and finish it, its not to hard as in puzzles, but sooner or later you will find out what to do :)

Smokey
03-05-03, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by 99 to Life

Technically STALKER isnt finished ;) so I think he meant, current finished games :p

STALKER is looking to be a very nice game, but Raven Shield is the game for me. Havent bought Splinter Cell for the PC yet, thought it looks like a very very nice game, but no MP. STALKER looks to bring RPG to the FPS from what Ive read, I like the idea of making allies and trading items and stuff, driving vechles, huge areas, exellent textures list goes on. But as far as team based games go, Raven Shield wins hands down.

cricket
03-05-03, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 99 to Life
got any links for this game called stalker? is it a PC game? id like to have a look at it. thanks

cricket
03-05-03, 10:38 PM
woohoo !! I finished splinter cell....WOW WHAT A RUSH! and the ending...makes me think "A part 2 perhaps?"..THAT WAS WORTH ALL OF THE $40.00 DOLLARS I SPENT ON IT, IF YOU HAVENT BOUGHT IT, I SUGGEST YOU DO.

AngelGraves13
03-06-03, 01:22 AM
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is an awesome game...check out the new thread I made on it. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8311