PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 questions

Tuork
12-14-06, 02:49 AM
Soooooo... I decided to bite the bullet and get myself an Xbox360 premium. :D

Must say I'm loving it so far.

I have a couple of questions though:

How big is the HardDrive supposed to be? Mine says 14GB. Isn't it supposed to be 20GB?

Are all xboxes this loud? It's as noisy as my computer... and my computer is somewhat noisy! :(

evilchris
12-14-06, 02:56 AM
Soooooo... I decided to bite the bullet and get myself an Xbox360 premium. :D

Must say I'm loving it so far.

I have a couple of questions though:

How big is the HardDrive supposed to be? Mine says 14GB. Isn't it supposed to be 20GB?

Are all xboxes this loud? It's as noisy as my computer... and my computer is somewhat noisy! :(

It's 20GB with 6GB of preinstalled crap like backward compatibility, some videos etc.

Yes it is loud. The DVD drive is insane. I game at a high volume from my home theater though so it doesn't bother me.

Connaught
12-14-06, 04:00 AM
Just uninstall all those videos and music that comes preloaded on it, that will free up some space...

And yea, little load...but I only notice it when i stop playing...np.

sytaylor
12-14-06, 06:17 AM
Dont delete the skindred track though. Awesome band.

OldOfEvil
12-14-06, 06:36 AM
I put my x360 behind the tv. It has made it much quieter, though I know it is not a practical solution for most. I've also noticed that if it is laying flat on it's side it tends to not be as buzzy/whinny as it is upright.

Peoples-Agent
12-14-06, 07:17 AM
Dont delete the skindred track though. Awesome band.

Yeah, got their album Babylon! ...gutted I never got to see them live with my m8 in Nottingham recently. Apparently they rocked the club bigtime.

Think I ended up with about 14GB by the time I uninstalled everything.

Noticed that alot of the space is dedicated to game patches / updates.

I nabbed a ton of them , some larger than others that took awhile and the hard drive gauge never budged.

nekrosoft13
12-14-06, 07:44 AM
it is possible to upgrade the hdd, i seen article somewhere.

where you can open the xbox360 hard drive and replace it with a bigger laptop hdd. you need to ghost the content of course

Lyme
12-14-06, 09:49 AM
I've also noticed that if it is laying flat on it's side it tends to not be as buzzy/whinny as it is upright.

I agree, upright the 360 drive makes more noise. Laying it flat is the way to go.

Peoples-Agent
12-14-06, 10:29 AM
it is possible to upgrade the hdd, i seen article somewhere.

where you can open the xbox360 hard drive and replace it with a bigger laptop hdd. you need to ghost the content of course

Yeah, I saw that article. Looks pretty simple to do, might have a go at it myself.

ENU291
12-14-06, 10:55 AM
I definitely agree that standing the 360 upright is NOT a good idea. The system is noticeably louder and the chances that the DVD-ROM drive will scratch a disc is greater. Lay the console down and give it plenty of ventilation.

sytaylor
12-14-06, 01:34 PM
Yeah, got their album Babylon! ...gutted I never got to see them live with my m8 in Nottingham recently. Apparently they rocked the club bigtime.

Saw them at Download this year, freaky good live, shame they weren't on the mainstage couldn't see much of them in the tent. Lead singer also covered for Davis during the KoRn set in which Davis was "taken ill", apart from Corey Taylor he was the best cover vocalist.