http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Some of the more significant, IMO, additions to the list:

Dead or Alive Ultimate
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Pariah
Psychonauts
Shenmue 2 (w00t!!!!!)
Soul Caliber 2

Rest of the list is on the Web site. Enjoy!

NaitoSan
12-14-06, 06:46 PM
Yay for Conker!!

S.I.N
12-14-06, 07:43 PM
6 more games are now backwards compatable? YES, YES, YESSS!!!.(nana2)

|MaguS|
12-14-06, 08:07 PM
DOA: U and Soul Calibur are my picks for this list, DOA2 is my favorite of the series and Soul Calibur is just awsome.

toxikneedle
12-14-06, 08:39 PM
hmm im thinking about picking up Shenmue... I barely remember playing the first one on my DC... but I think I remember liking it.

NaitoSan
12-14-06, 08:45 PM
Haha I just bought Shenmue 2 from ebay. :D I can't wait!

sweetmate
12-14-06, 08:49 PM
SCII is N America only. Totally gutted.

Also I tried MotoGP and it didnt work, maybe thats another N.America only one.

saturnotaku
12-14-06, 08:50 PM
Aside from Halo/Halo 2, Shenmue 2 is the only game I kept when I sold my Xbox 1. I was holding onto it, hoping against hope that MS would release a BC update for it. This is quite the early Christmas present. The only other things I could hope for are an XBL Arcade or Wii VC release of the original Shenmue or an announcement that Shenmue 3 is indeed in the works. Though those are probably never going to happen.

6 more games are now backwards compatable? YES, YES, YESSS!!!.(nana2)

There are more than six, numbnuts. If you had the cognitive ability to pull your head out of Sony's ass and read the link I posted, you'd know that. If I still had my PS3, I wouldn't have sold it to you on a bet.

NaitoSan
12-14-06, 08:53 PM
It's rumored that Wii's virutal console may get saturn and dreamcast games. :) not sure how it'll work but man, that'll be awesome. rumor came straight from my school. my school is part of nintendo building so that might be true...

Namrok
12-14-06, 08:59 PM
Supposedly Saturn is borderline impossible to emulate on account of the bajillion processors it contained. I mean it's possible, but you know, I doubt Nintendo would spend the effort on it. Donno about the Dreamcast, but I think the size of the files would prohibit it, with the 512 MB of space the Wii has and all.

NaitoSan
12-14-06, 09:11 PM
yes but sega and nintendo are enjoying strong relationship and no doubts sega will provide whatever nintendo need to emulate any games. there's always 2gb SD to buy from retail to use. hopefully that means we can backup games on pc for later use.

|MaguS|
12-14-06, 09:47 PM
The Wii doesn't have the hardware capable of emulating a Dreamcast... Saturn maybe but it still wouldn't be perfect.

Lyme
12-14-06, 10:23 PM
Here is the full addition list for those lacking comprehension:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Burnout 3: Takedown UPDATED
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Dead Or Alive Ultimate
Destroy All Humans!
Dynasty Warriors 4 / Shin Sangokumuso3
Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick
Ex Chaser (Japan Only)
Family Guy
Far Cry: Instincts
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
I-Ninja
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna *** Laude
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
MotoGP
Incredibles/ Mr. Incredible (J)
Muzzle Flash (Japan Only)
MX Unleashed
Open Season
Pariah
Plus Plumb 2 (Japan Only)
Psychonauts
Psyvariar2 Extend Edition (Japan Only)
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Rapala Pro Fishing
Rent-A-Hero No. 1 (Japan Only)
Scarface
Shark Tale
Shenmue II
Soul Calibur 2 North America only
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Tenerezza (Japan Only)
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
Ultimate Spider-Man
Wakeboarding Unleashed: Featuring Sean Murray
Whacked!
Winback 2: Project Poseidon
Xiaolin Showdown

|MaguS|
12-14-06, 10:25 PM
Wee we can finally play USM with progressive scan! Destroy All Humans is another fine addition... wonder how long it would take them to add the second one.

Arioch
12-14-06, 10:39 PM
I wish they would make the last SSX game BC.

evilchris
12-14-06, 11:48 PM
Can some try Scarface on their 360 if they have it? I hear it's a great game, but I don't really buy Xbox 1 games anymore. If they 360 cleans it up a bit with AA etc I might get it if it works good.

ViN86
12-15-06, 12:00 AM
yea, so i bought two used xbox games from ebgames for $15 tonight.

got metal gear 2 substance and Goldeneye, then i came home to find that xbox360 is not compatible with all xbox games?

WTF IS THAT!!!11111111
im so ****ing pissed right now its not even funny. why would they not make it backwards compatible with all xbox games. ps3 plays ps2 and psx games and the wii plays all gamecube games, so wtf?

not like M$ doesnt have enough money as it is, they need to pinch pennies out of ppl and force them to buy all new games? i ****ing hate bill gates :mad: :mad: :mad:

superklye
12-15-06, 12:10 AM
Yes! AvP: Extinction is playable!

evilchris
12-15-06, 12:11 AM

got metal gear 2 substance and Goldeneye, then i came home to find that xbox360 is not compatible with all xbox games?

WTF IS THAT!!!11111111
im so ****ing pissed right now its not even funny. why would they not make it backwards compatible with all xbox games. ps3 plays ps2 and psx games and the wii plays all gamecube games, so wtf?

not like M$ doesnt have enough money as it is, they need to pinch pennies out of ppl and force them to buy all new games? i ****ing hate bill gates :mad: :mad: :mad:

lol it's all Bill Gates' fault!

I don't think it's an "M$" greed thing, I think it's just a mother****er to emulate all the games.

OWA
12-15-06, 12:14 AM
This is the only game that matters. :)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Edit: Oh, after Doom 3 of course (they added support for it earlier).

Zelda_fan
12-15-06, 12:15 AM

WTF IS THAT!!!11111111

whAA wAhhhAAA i"m A bIg BaBY!!!!

translation: I didn't do my research on the games I wanted to buy and I got burned.

Since when did MS ever promise 100% backwards compatibility?

LiquidX
12-15-06, 01:30 AM
Just tried out a few of those games and Soul Caliber 2 really stood out. Its amazing and looks as good as many current 360 titles. Still waiting for some more fighters and JSRF along with Panzer Dragoon Orta.

ajay()
12-15-06, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by ViN86

WTF IS THAT!!!11111111

not like M$ doesnt have enough money as it is, they need to pinch pennies out of ppl and force them to buy all new games? i ****ing hate bill gates

Go over to the xbox.com forums, find the Wishlist and Feedback forum, then find the Backwards Compatability thread. Most importantly read the replies written by XBOXFAN, who was part of the BC team, and knows what he's talking about in regard of the xbox emulation the 360 is running.
Yes it's a shame that all xbox games aren't BC, but taking into account the different hardware, and that there's no additonal hardware in a 360 to do the job (which would raise the cost of the 360, and anyway PS3 has it and still doesn't do it perfectly - better but not perfect) and that it's able at all to emulate, with increased quality, the previous gen system, what they've got out of it is pretty amazing.

saturnotaku
12-15-06, 06:10 AM

That would be...give me a sec, I know this...

Never. This was known well before the system even launched. If you did your homework, you knew what you were getting.

ViN86
12-15-06, 09:18 AM
whAA wAhhhAAA i"m A bIg BaBY!!!!

translation: I didn't do my research on the games I wanted to buy and I got burned.

:rofl

assumptions suck, thats all.

well tbh, i was pissed at that time when i posted it but, bleh whatever now. i mean its not like i spent $100 on the two games, they cost me $15 for the two of em (i still would love to play MG2:Substance :(). i read about it and seems they have problems porting it over to HD. dont know why they dont just render it with black bars on the side, then work on fixes later....

oh and, i never bought the system or researched it. my dad bought it and it was here when i came back from college. we had a PS2 before (it broke) so i assumed it would be backwards compatible. its not really that much of a heartbreak, although i will admit i was pretty pissed.

lol thx for the dose of sarcasm though :lol:
you gotta admit it was a decent rant, i mean hell, i attacked bill gates who probably has nothing at all to do with the xbox specs.