PDA

View Full Version : I did a bad, bad thing...

DarkJedi664
12-15-06, 03:15 PM
So I did something that I thought I would never do...I bought an X-FI card :(. My reasoning behind this is because I just got fed with with the ****ty support I've gotten with my Auzentech card. Auzentech is full of a nothing but retards for support, and not to mention their driver support is abysmal. The other reason I went with the X-FI was because I wanted OpenAL drivers for Vista, and there was no promise that Auzentech would have them. I don't like analog audio, so I also bought the Creative DTS-610 which converts the analog audio from the X-FI, to a DTS 1.5Mbps stream (just like how I have now). I really wish Creative would have added DDL or DTS encoding to their cards, but with this DTS-610, that should eliminate that. I just want support for the product I bought, not getting ignored from a ****ty, retarded company. FU Auzentech!

On a side note, has anyone bought the Logitech MX Revolution? I have the G7 right now, and hate that it doesn't have a forward button, the battery lasts only 2 days for me, and the scroll wheel is horribly loud when scrolling. The only thing I worried about is the DPI, only 800 in the MX. I wanna buy it, but I want to make sure it's a good mouse before I replace my G7. Thanks :)

einstein_314
12-15-06, 04:22 PM
Why is that a bad thing? X-Fi's rock! Mine is awesome!

Regarding the mouse, I have the VX Revolution (the notebook version of the MX) that I use with my laptop. It is amazing. So comfortable and the scroll wheel is amazing. I haven't tried the MX though so I can't tell you that...

Oh and why is it a problem that your G7's battery only lasts 2 days? It comes with a spare so you just swap it out. It takes like...2 seconds. Is is really that big of a pain?

grey_1
12-15-06, 04:55 PM
I thought you blew something up from the thread title, hope your x-fi does you right, and no more cordless mice for me.

crainger
12-15-06, 05:05 PM
I had an MX Revolution. It sucked both my balls so I returned it and stayed with my MX1000.

DarkJedi664
12-15-06, 05:56 PM
I'm just really anti-Creative in the sense of them being analog only, and pretty much cornering the market with OpenAL. But apparently they're better than Auzentech is, and at least I know 100% that it will work 100% in Vista, and that's what really matters. I opened a support ticket with Auzentech at the beginning of October, they replied once, talking about a Vista driver (when my problem was with x64), and now almost 2 months after they replied, the ticket is still open and they haven't replied!!! How the hell is that service? They are absolutely pathetic!

In terms of the the G7 battery life, I really loved the battery life of the MX1000, it lasted me a week! It was only a pain when I forgot to charge it over night, and had to spend an hour or two waiting for it to be charged. It's not a pain to replace the battery as I just wish it lasted longer, that's all. I was thinking about getting a Microsoft mouse instead, and I know their wheels are perfectly smooth, and apparently pretty cheap :P.

I couldn't think of another title without it being too long...

Dazz
12-15-06, 06:41 PM
Creative DTS-610 does doly live, i will have to look into it then! Microsoft mice are ****, don't even touch them!! The corded mice they do are great but cordless is damn right terrible!

Riptide
12-15-06, 06:58 PM
I haven't had any problems with the auzentech driver so far. There is no excuse for how they handled that trouble ticket though. Yikes. FWIW e-mail requests for support at a lot of vendors, some even larger than Auzentech, are a joke.

DarkJedi664
12-15-06, 07:06 PM
Well it wouldn't be that bad if they actually offered phone support! But they don't, only e-mail. Sorry, but they are a bunch of ****-tards!!

And the DTS-610 only does DTS, not DDL.

einstein_314
12-15-06, 07:22 PM
I'm just really anti-Creative in the sense of them being analog only, and pretty much cornering the market with OpenAL. But apparently they're better than Auzentech is, and at least I know 100% that it will work 100% in Vista, and that's what really matters. I opened a support ticket with Auzentech at the beginning of October, they replied once, talking about a Vista driver (when my problem was with x64), and now almost 2 months after they replied, the ticket is still open and they haven't replied!!! How the hell is that service? They are absolutely pathetic!

In terms of the the G7 battery life, I really loved the battery life of the MX1000, it lasted me a week! It was only a pain when I forgot to charge it over night, and had to spend an hour or two waiting for it to be charged. It's not a pain to replace the battery as I just wish it lasted longer, that's all. I was thinking about getting a Microsoft mouse instead, and I know their wheels are perfectly smooth, and apparently pretty cheap :P.

I couldn't think of another title without it being too long...
if you're looking for a mouse with a smooth wheel, the revolution is your best bet. But I wouldn't use it for gaming. I've heard bad reports about it when used for gaming. For everyday stuff it is awesome. Especially scrolling through pages of stuff. That wheel is amazing. But like I said, the revolution isn't a gaming mouse.

Riptide
12-15-06, 07:23 PM
Yeah apparently they're a rinkydink manufacturer. To small to offer reasonable support or they have messed up priorities.