PDA

View Full Version : New BioShock screens and trailer

jAkUp
12-15-06, 09:35 PM
http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/enter.html

Tork64
12-15-06, 09:50 PM
very nice. It says coming "Spring 2007" thats like around the month of March 2007 no ? If so its closer than i originally thought.

Banko
12-15-06, 11:02 PM
Damn it all the good releases are around the same time frame.

STALKER
Crysis
Bioshock
Maybe UT2K7 (I'm hoping anyways)

Riplayne
12-15-06, 11:05 PM
Is that a countdown timer at the start?

Riplayne
12-15-06, 11:08 PM
No AA in any of those shots, please god don't let this be a repeat of R6 Vegas.

SH64
12-15-06, 11:17 PM
No AA in any of those shots, please god don't let this be a repeat of R6 Vegas.
With all the rushed out PC games & ports these days , you have to expect the worst :o

jAkUp
12-15-06, 11:27 PM
IR usually makes good PC Games, don't think it will be a port.

hirantha
12-15-06, 11:46 PM
Iím afraid this game also will contain those port transition problems like SC and Rainbow six.. lets hope not!! cuz it looks like this game is a true PC power showcase!!

sillyeagle
12-16-06, 12:46 AM
It says June 07 at gametrailers. Thats sucks, I was hoping to see it in March.

XxDeadlyxX
12-16-06, 01:10 AM
Hmm the gameplay footage does look kinda consolish... the way the guns move on the screen in first person. It's that kind of loose feeling, other games as examples are Resistance Fall of Man and Red Steel, well, all Wii FPS's :D

This isnt necessarily a bad thing at all, its just it makes me think it may be built up from X360 and then ported to PC, but I may be wrong. X360 --> PC ports arent necessarily bad either, as long as they are done right and with care. R6 Vegas was supposed to be built from PC then ported to 360, but this didnt turn out to be the case.

Well at least Games for Windows irons out all the porting issues such as no widescreen etc. AFAIK this game will be branded under Games for Windows, so it shouldnt have porting issues even if it is a port :p

Riplayne
12-16-06, 02:36 AM
Hmm the gameplay footage does look kinda consolish... the way the guns move on the screen in first person. It's that kind of loose feeling, other games as examples are Resistance Fall of Man and Red Steel, well, all Wii FPS's :D

This isnt necessarily a bad thing at all, its just it makes me think it may be built up from X360 and then ported to PC, but I may be wrong. X360 --> PC ports arent necessarily bad either, as long as they are done right and with care. R6 Vegas was supposed to be built from PC then ported to 360, but this didnt turn out to be the case.

Well at least Games for Windows irons out all the porting issues such as no widescreen etc. AFAIK this game will be branded under Games for Windows, so it shouldnt have porting issues even if it is a port :p

Regardless though, even though R6 Vegas was ported to PC the gameplay is great, and i'm glad the PC got a version of it rather than nothing at all.

Redeemed
12-16-06, 06:59 AM
I never really knew what the plot of the game was until visiting that site. Sounds really interesting. Kind of a new spin for the FPS genre- I like it. :D Downloading the vids now. :D :D :D

Redeemed
12-16-06, 07:47 AM
Just watched the vids. That is impressive to say the least. Not sure what to think of the game- I bet it'll be a whole new kind of "creepy". :p

Oh, and with all the water effects and such going on, I'm sure it'll give the 8800's a good run for their money! :D

CaptNKILL
12-16-06, 08:28 AM
Damn it all the good releases are around the same time frame.

STALKER
Crysis
Bioshock
Maybe UT2K7 (I'm hoping anyways)
Yep, this 8800GTX is definitely going to be earning its keep next spring\summer. :D

grey_1
12-16-06, 09:58 AM
Don't know why, but I get the impression the game may be more difficult to beat than the usual run-o-the-mill FPS. I hope so! Looks good.

*pets his 7800gt's and hopes...*

SH64
12-16-06, 05:50 PM
Don't know why, but I get the impression the game may be more difficult to beat than the usual run-o-the-mill FPS.
Same thoughts here. looks more "untraditional FPS" which is good.

SH0DAN
12-16-06, 11:50 PM
Thanks OP,the new site looks grreat,as do the new screenies on it.Love the two new trailers.