PDA

View Full Version : Buy E6600 Now or Wait?


Absolution
12-16-06, 05:16 AM
newegg has the core2duo E6600 for $309 (holiday special). Valid through tomorrow (dec 17). Does anyone think that the price will go down by the time DFI's nForce 680i mobo comes out (January'ish)?

a12ctic
12-16-06, 01:13 PM
yeah, probobly, i would just wait for k8l, dont want to be ugrading all the time...

Hambone
12-16-06, 02:56 PM
newegg has the core2duo E6600 for $309 (holiday special). Valid through tomorrow (dec 17). Does anyone think that the price will go down by the time DFI's nForce 680i mobo comes out (January'ish)?

They've had the E6600 at that price for about a month now. There is no newegg special that's about to exipre. The price probably isn't going to fluctuate much until another processor is released.

You can go into Fry's Electronics and grab one (OEM) for the same price (or $329 for the retail).

Edit: In the Thursday Fry's ad (or was it Friday), they had the E6600 + EVGA 680i togather for $549. Which is exactly what you'd pay on newegg. You just have to pay tax but get the benifit of being about to go back in and flip out the board if it's a bad one. From everything I'ver read about the 680i's, that's an option I'd like to have.

No idea where you live, but here in Dallas, TX you can view the Fry's ads online (Dallas Morning News):
http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519

john19055
12-16-06, 02:56 PM
It always a good time to upgrade because there will always be something better around the corner.I bought my E6600 for $319 ,so it not much of a sale,even the E6400 overclock like mad and that extra 2 megs of cache dos'nt make that big of a difference.

Hambone
12-16-06, 03:07 PM
P.S. If you're really wanting the DFI brand name... this is the place people go to talk about them:
http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/index.php

ViN86
12-16-06, 03:28 PM
yeah, probobly, i would just wait for k8l, dont want to be ugrading all the time...
:lol:
arctic, i like ya man, but i gotta tell absolution to take your comments with a grain of salt ;)

although, saying im not excited about k8l would be an outright lie.

Roadhog
12-16-06, 03:56 PM
go for it. you wont regret it. :D

superklye
12-16-06, 04:42 PM
yeah, probobly, i would just wait for k8l, dont want to be ugrading all the time...
:rolleyes2

SH64
12-16-06, 06:35 PM
Go for it .. you won't need to upgrade anytime soon after the E6600.

a12ctic
12-16-06, 08:28 PM
sorry about that Absolution, we have a horrible case of viral marketing on these forums. Dont listen to these guys :(

Roadhog
12-16-06, 09:18 PM
sorry about that Absolution, we have a horrible case of viral marketing on these forums. Dont listen to these guys :(

yeah good one. He can upgrade now, or wait maybe a year for a k8l? lmao

a12ctic
12-16-06, 10:22 PM
yeah good one. He can upgrade now, or wait maybe a year for a k8l? lmao
A year? more like 3-6 months....