PDA

View Full Version : PS3 & Resistance...

Marvel_us
12-16-06, 05:19 PM
Reached Level 9 in Resistance and I must say I was having a blast. Went to eat then fell asleep. Woke up and went to play again. Started the game and before I hit the main menu...."Your RFoM game data has been corrupted. Press X to create a new game. Press and hold the PS button to exit the application."

**** you! As you all know this has happened to me before and this time I've gotten even farther in the game. But no sweat, I have a couple saves on my USB flash drive.....load it up. Fire up and Resistance....."Your RFoM game data has been corrupted. Press X to create a new game. Press and hold the PS button to exit the application." To all my f***ing saves I backed up.

I give up with this game. No, I did not turn off my system while it was saving or do something stupid like that. The s*** is just f***ed up. I'm going to call Sony and see what they say. I'm thinking I'm going to try and return the game to Target and pick up something else....maybe a sports game like Madden since nothing else really interests me. If that craps out too then bye bye PS3.

Best game for PS3 huh? Yea right.:rolleyes:

2 strikes for my "next gen starts when we say so" experience.

SH64
12-16-06, 05:23 PM
Dang man this sucks! is it possible to be fixed with an update or something ?

seriously losing a crucial savegame turn me off completely from replaying again.

Bad_Boy
12-16-06, 05:27 PM
How/When are you quiting/exiting the game? I've heard of some deleted/corrupted game saves with resistance before but from what I remember they were user errors and never happened again.

Marvel_us
12-16-06, 05:31 PM
I usually take a break and save at the beginning of a mission. As soon as I see the hud, then I hit start > save and quit. Once it does its thing it returns to the main menu then I hit the PS button and exit the game. Then I go copy my save file to my USB jump drive. Then do something else or turn off the system.

ViN86
12-16-06, 05:32 PM
thats awful :(
the worst feeling is putting in work and seeing no progress

Bad_Boy
12-16-06, 06:06 PM
I usually take a break and save at the beginning of a mission. As soon as I see the hud, then I hit start > save and quit. Once it does its thing it returns to the main menu then I hit the PS button and exit the game. Then I go copy my save file to my USB jump drive. Then do something else or turn off the system.
hmm not sure. same exact steps I take and it hasnt happened to me. not sure whats going on in your case. hopefully you got a warranty with your system or customer service can help?

thats awful :(
the worst feeling is putting in work and seeing no progress
tell me about it. i lost a MGS2 save a while back, made me feel like not even playing anymore because i was so far into it.

S.I.N
12-16-06, 06:15 PM
Your first console Marvel_us? **** happens but your acting as if your system got up and **** on you. Atleast it didnt blink red and die.:o

Marvel_us
12-16-06, 06:24 PM
My first PS3, yes but by far not my first console. To be honest I'd rather the PS3 just die then this happen. At least that way I'd know if it was system related and just wait for a new one. Right now I don't know if it's the game or system.

I just got off the phone with sony and they don't even know what the problem is. The guy had me restore default settings....the one that does NOT reformat the HDD, then he told me erase all the Resistance files off of the HDD. I don't know how that helped but regardless I still have to start over. He told me I was the only person to report this problem but if you google search you will see there are others, not just me.

Hey Bad_Boy how far are you in the game? You think it would be possible to email me your save so I don't have to start over? I'd really appreciate it. I honestly was loving the game but can't be bothered to replay it from start 3 times.

vegtro
12-16-06, 07:44 PM
Hey Marvel I had the same thing happen to me today. I just went to gamefaqs and d/led a save game from their database and continue on..

Marvel_us
12-16-06, 08:11 PM
Hey Marvel I had the same thing happen to me today. I just went to gamefaqs and d/led a save game from their database and continue on..

Oh man Thank you!:D

I did that and it worked perfectly now I can play from where I left off.

Any ideas on the cause of this problem though, think it might be game related?

Anyway thanks again.:)

Mr. Hunt
12-16-06, 08:15 PM
I think this is the only game I have heard about this problem with before... might be the game or it might be the fact that 1 billion people are playing it :\.

Zelda_fan
12-16-06, 08:44 PM
I think this is the only game I have heard about this problem with before... might be the game or it might be the fact that 1 billion people are playing it :\.

Not even close. More like 70,000 people.

ENU291
12-17-06, 12:22 AM
I think this is the only game I have heard about this problem with before... might be the game or it might be the fact that 1 billion people are NOTplaying it :\.I fixed Hunts quote. :D

Bad_Boy
12-17-06, 04:06 AM
Hey Bad_Boy how far are you in the game? You think it would be possible to email me your save so I don't have to start over? I'd really appreciate it. I honestly was loving the game but can't be bothered to replay it from start 3 times.
what part were you at? ill get you a game save tomorrow.

Marvel_us
12-17-06, 02:20 PM
what part were you at? ill get you a game save tomorrow.

Hey thanks but I found one over a Gamefaqs and it works perfectly.

Thanks anyway.

Bad_Boy
12-17-06, 05:12 PM
Hey thanks but I found one over a Gamefaqs and it works perfectly.

Thanks anyway.
welcome. hopefully this problem doesnt come back for you.
look me up online sometime, i play most of the time around 8-10pm.