PDA

View Full Version : OCZ FlexXLC Edition

Spartan 117
12-16-06, 10:43 PM
so does anyone have this, the PC2 9200 ram???

how is it, im thinking of getting it cuz it seems my ram is not working good with my new mobo (I have been getting those annoying BSOD with sum message about mem and such) so what could be my problem??? it sumtimes freezes in Windows or it would restart in windows, I updated the BIOS but it seemed to help, but I think its my ram, I think its not compatible for my new EVGA mobo??? it worked flawlessly on my old ASUS M2N32-SLI mobo for AM2, so what could be my problem???

and also, the Dominator is sold out everywhere like the Striker Extreme, so how is this ram for peformance, I just really want ram that works best for my EVGA mobo and QX6700, ive been pissed off lately about this :thumbdwn:

Amuro
12-16-06, 10:52 PM
Not sure about the FlexXLc, but here's a list of memory compatible with the evga board:
http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21137

jAkUp
12-16-06, 10:53 PM
What voltage are you running your ram at?

Spartan 117
12-16-06, 11:00 PM
all my components are factory clocks, no OC yet, I barely installed Windows and that BSOD poped up soon after it installed :/

Roadhog
12-16-06, 11:19 PM
all my components are factory clocks, no OC yet, I barely installed Windows and that BSOD poped up soon after it installed :/

up the ram voltage to like 2.2 and see how it is.

Spartan 117
12-16-06, 11:35 PM
hmm, seems to work, I think its Windows thats corrupt, it keep getting all those errors that needs to shut down (like IE, even FF!) and it keeps crashing and restarting, what could it be?? could it be my mobo??? and when I had my PS2 mouse, it seemed to skip and jump all over the page, and when I connected to the USB port, its fine now, and I used the drivers that came with the EVGA mobo but I updated the BIOS

flurry
12-17-06, 12:18 AM
I have the same ram and same mobo and had a hell of a time getting it to like any frequencies/voltages i tried. Sometimes it would like fast/loose others slower/tighter. Currently very stable at 900 3-3-3-9 | 2.3 Supposed to be great ram, must not play nice with this board.

Roadhog
12-17-06, 12:42 AM
hmm, seems to work, I think its Windows thats corrupt, it keep getting all those errors that needs to shut down (like IE, even FF!) and it keeps crashing and restarting, what could it be?? could it be my mobo??? and when I had my PS2 mouse, it seemed to skip and jump all over the page, and when I connected to the USB port, its fine now, and I used the drivers that came with the EVGA mobo but I updated the BIOS

The windows corruption can be from unstable ram. And you said raising the voltages made your system stable.. well sorta.

Spartan 117
12-17-06, 06:08 PM
yeah, ill up it to 2.3 and try those timings, hope its not my mobo or ram :thumbdwn: