PDA

View Full Version : PS2 on Sony GDM-FW900

Daydre@m
12-17-06, 10:36 AM
Ok here is the problem:

I want to connect my Playstation 2 with my Sony Trinitron GDM-FW900 monitor... How should i go about this.

So far all the Component A/V cable dont seem to fit in the RGB ports at the back of the monitor because they seem to be kind of "too thick" to go in. It also has BNC/HD-15 inputs.

Should i use a tv tuner card with my PC and then try to hook 'em up. What do you guys suggest ?

P.S. If you can give me a direct link to a website for buying the card/cables you recommend, i'll be very grateful.

|MaguS|
12-17-06, 12:34 PM
Ok here is the problem:

I want to connect my Playstation 2 with my Sony Trinitron GDM-FW900 monitor... How should i go about this.

So far all the Component A/V cable dont seem to fit in the RGB ports at the back of the monitor because they seem to be kind of "too thick" to go in. It also has BNC/HD-15 inputs.

Should i use a tv tuner card with my PC and then try to hook 'em up. What do you guys suggest ?

P.S. If you can give me a direct link to a website for buying the card/cables you recommend, i'll be very grateful.

You need to get a VGA Box, Theres no other method other then going through a Tuner Card which often produces horrible picture quality. Get the X2VGA.

Daydre@m
12-21-06, 12:57 PM
OK after several days of fooling around.... I finally came to realize... you were right :p.

But after reading some reviews i have heard that X2VGA gives some problems with some games. Are there any other convertors that might help me out ?

If its good quality, i would seriously consider buying it, no matter what the price (although somewhat reasonable).

Thank you for your help.

FierceDeityLink
12-21-06, 01:44 PM
The Xploder HDTV Player and a VGA cable for the PS2 should work out, though you'll need to boot with the disc every time. It should work as being cheaper, though...