PDA

View Full Version : Tried to get a Wii this AM

evilchris
12-17-06, 12:30 PM
Best Buy's and others had lines 100 strong for 20 consoles tops. I gave up. The Wii sure is the hot ticket this holiday.

No one seems to give a **** about the PS3. =)

six_storm
12-17-06, 12:48 PM
Tis true, tis true. I'd like to grab one sometime, but I'm waiting for more games to be released.

Banko
12-17-06, 01:29 PM
Best Buy's and others had lines 100 strong for 20 consoles tops. I gave up. The Wii sure is the hot ticket this holiday.

No one seems to give a **** about the PS3. =)
I work at Circuit City and any time we got more PS3's they were sold out that day. So you are obviously wrong, it's just that the Wii has more stock.

S.I.N
12-17-06, 01:35 PM
Why not go pay zeldafan a visit and play with his Wii? I'm sure he would let you. And I bet if you saw a PS3 you would jump on it.

six_storm
12-17-06, 01:46 PM
Why not go pay zeldafan a visit and play with his Wii? I'm sure he would let you. And I bet if you saw a PS3 you would jump on it.

"Zelda, can I come over?" lol If I saw a PS3, I would literally jump on it . . . seriously. :D

Namrok
12-17-06, 01:53 PM
I work at Circuit City and any time we got more PS3's they were sold out that day. So you are obviously wrong, it's just that the Wii has more stock.

Out of curiosity, are people still lining up for the PS3 the night before whenever a store has them? It seems like if there is so much as a rumor that a store will have Wii's there is a line.

I blame the mainstream media giving the Wii the thumbs up over the PS3.

Banko
12-17-06, 01:56 PM
Out of curiosity, are people still lining up for the PS3 the night before whenever a store has them? It seems like if there is so much as a rumor that a store will have Wii's there is a line.

I blame the mainstream media giving the Wii the thumbs up over the PS3.
Well today we had a re-launch of the Wii's (Our store only had 9, with about 30 people lined up). However a couple of weeks ago we had 7 PS3's, 5 60gb and 2 20gbs. We weren't allowed to sell them till a certain day, and we had customers lining up as well. They are both wanted but you can't judge how a console is doing without both consoles having an equal amount of stock.

Marvel_us
12-17-06, 03:27 PM
Yea, I went looking for a Wii as well but lines were jam packed. I asked the 3rd person in line and she told me she was there since 10:30pm the night before.

saturnotaku
12-17-06, 04:13 PM
I was at Fry's when they opened this morning looking for some PC stuff. Everyone waiting in front was looking for a Wii, and they didn't have any. All of them walked away disappointed.

They did have some PS3s. Not a single person from those I saw in line bought one. Not one. :rofl

|MaguS|
12-17-06, 04:16 PM
I saw people in line for both Wii and PS3 at Target today when I went and picked up a copy of Zelda for the GC (now I own 2 versions, yay!)... Target was stupid and was telling people all week that they were getting some in on Sunday of both units... over 100 people were in line, some were there since Friday.

BTW, I did not realize this originally but the Wii version of Zelda is not a "real" version... well for diehards it shouldn't be. ;)

LiquidX
12-17-06, 05:03 PM
I might have Wii for around retail price in a few days. Bought a $408 shipped bundle from FRY's but after being told I cant exchange either of the 3 games I will send it back if no one wants to buy it for the price I paid.

Zelda_fan
12-17-06, 08:03 PM
I waited in a 7 hour line for launch to get mine. It was pretty stupid to be honest. I mean I love Nintendo and Zelda, but I hate lines.

Currently there is a 2 hour line 24 hours a day for a Wii at the toys r us Times Square location that gets shipments of a couple hundred each day.

Namrok
12-17-06, 09:13 PM
I waited in a 7 hour line for launch to get mine. It was pretty stupid to be honest. I mean I love Nintendo and Zelda, but I hate lines.

I waited 6 hours for mine. Brought a friend with me too. The way I see it, I spent 6 hours waiting in line, and I've spent well over 80 so far actually playing it. I'll spend countless more hours on top of that before the console becomes plentiful enough to obtain easily. Totally worth it.

evilchris
12-17-06, 11:47 PM
I couldn't even find Zelda in stock.

|MaguS|
12-18-06, 12:28 AM

Send me money and I will mail you one... all the stores around me have it instock... :p

saturnotaku
12-18-06, 05:47 AM

One word: Target. Every one I've been to in my area has had at least a dozen copies for both Wii and Gamecube in stock.

nemecb
12-18-06, 12:18 PM
Weird, stores around here have plenty of games in stock, it's just consoles and accessories that you can't find.

ViN86
12-18-06, 12:26 PM
One word: Target. Every one I've been to in my area has had at least a dozen copies for both Wii and Gamecube in stock.
oh man, this just makes me want to spend $50 on a gamecube and buy the zelda games.... GAAHHH money burns a hole in my pocket. damn you America and your consumer-based mentality!!

(im sorry America, i love you)

Monolyth
12-18-06, 12:34 PM
Here's the problem, Sony is losing money on the hardware and trying to make it back on games. Nintendo is making money on the hardware and trying to make money on games.

Even if Sony is selling out every PS3 and making some money back, in the end if the games don't rock the box then it's just not going to work for Sony. Nintendo has the easy street though, making money in all markets on the hardware is huge, and with sales of the Wii going strong, Nintendo is surely happy with it's popularity thus far.

ENU291
12-18-06, 12:40 PM
Nintendo has ALWAYS made a profit. Say what you will about Nintendo but at the end of the day they sure know what it takes to rake in the cash!

ViN86
12-18-06, 12:44 PM
Nintendo has ALWAYS made a profit. Say what you will about Nintendo but at the end of the day they sure know what it takes to rake in the cash!
definitely, every nintendo system i have owned i have enjoyed (NES, SNES, N64). and for $50, im really considering a gamecube (just for Zelda lol).

Zelda_fan
12-18-06, 01:23 PM
Send me money and I will mail you one... all the stores around me have it instock... :p

MaguS lives in lala land.

Zelda_fan
12-18-06, 01:24 PM
definitely, every nintendo system i have owned i have enjoyed (NES, SNES, N64). and for $50, im really considering a gamecube (just for Zelda lol).

I would make the investment and get the Wii. The Wii can actually play gamecube games, but you are going to have loads of great future titles for the Wii so it's that much better.