PDA

View Full Version : Why are the guns in GRAW so quiet?

sillyeagle
12-17-06, 02:53 PM
I've been checking out the demo, and it doesn't matter what gun I use, but it seems like I can hardly hear them. The sound of the bullet impact and of the echo from the gun off the buildlings is louder than the gun its self. Whats the deal with that? It makes the guns sound totally weak.

agentkay
12-17-06, 03:02 PM
That is strange. I played the retail version (v1.35) again and the gun sounds were excellent. Do you have a surround system? Seems like you are missing the "center" channel. Itīs possible that its a demo problem but the retail has excellent sound with the latest X-Fi and OpenAL drivers. :)

sillyeagle
12-17-06, 03:27 PM
I have Klipsch 2.1 on SB Live 24 bit. It does sound like a channel is mising though, becuase the "fill" sound is there but not the gun its self.

Eliminator
12-17-06, 05:46 PM
its a bug with the sound in the game.... make sure you have the latest sound drivers as well as the newest wrap_oal.dll in the graw directory (dont replace the openal32.dll with the latest one as it will cause the game to crash)... also patch the game to 1.35... should all this fail then turn off EAX... i still get this problem although rarely with the latest patch