PDA

View Full Version : FarCry Lockup Issues

Mr Bigman
12-17-06, 05:55 PM
It doesn't seem this issue has been resolved with FarCry and SLI yet. I had FarCry loaded today and noticed after about 5 minutes of gameplay, the game locks up.

I could set the game to single gpu and it works fine but sli locks it up.

Anyone know of how this can be fixed or a workaround for it. I though their was a profile for this game that fixed it but no.

einstein_314
12-17-06, 05:59 PM
It doesn't seem this issue has been resolved with FarCry and SLI yet. I had FarCry loaded today and noticed after about 5 minutes of gameplay, the game locks up.

I could set the game to single gpu and it works fine but sli locks it up.

Anyone know of how this can be fixed or a workaround for it. I though their was a profile for this game that fixed it but no.
What drivers are you using? I'm running 2x 7800GTX in SLI and FarCry runs flawlessly. I'm using the 93.71 drivers.

Mr Bigman
12-17-06, 07:14 PM
Im using the latest drivers. What patch are you using and what sli setting are you using in your prifile?

grey_1
12-17-06, 07:35 PM
You have a dual core proc? Make sure you have XP patched for it or you can have affinity issues, lockups etc.

AMDs here
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_871_13118,00.html
I don't know what the intel guys are using.

Mr Bigman
12-18-06, 12:17 AM
Ive got the Intel Dual Core Pentium D for now.

I noticed when using single gpu, game works fine,but dual core game locks up.

And do you have set infinity level everytime you start game or just once?

crainger
12-18-06, 01:39 AM
Ive got the Intel Dual Core Pentium D for now.

I noticed when using single gpu, game works fine,but dual core game locks up.

And do you have set infinity level everytime you start game or just once?

Are we talking Dual Core CPUs or Multi GPU here?

grey_1
12-18-06, 05:24 AM
Both I think.

If you have to set affinity you'll have to do it every time you play if your OS isn't patched. Here's more info about that.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256

Just curious, other games play ok?

Mr Bigman
12-18-06, 04:51 PM
All games play just fine here. Even the dual core supported games like Quake 4 work fine too. Its just FarCry.

grey_1
12-18-06, 05:40 PM
DO you have the game fully patched? I had a bad time with it before I did, even now certain drivers cause really irritating pauses every now and again.

Mr Bigman
12-18-06, 09:38 PM
I have what ever patches that are availble on Fileplanet for this game and im using the latest forceware drive, sound drivers, and chipset drivers.