PDA

View Full Version : Fix for EVGA 680i SATA issue

Rollo
12-17-06, 05:45 PM
Can be found here:

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21626&whichpage=30

rudedog
12-17-06, 08:46 PM
This is great news, my wife got me this board for Christmas (it came Friday, the same day I heard of these issues LOL ) thanks for the link!

Blacklash
12-17-06, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the alert,

Evga seem to be working hard to make this board the best it can be.

Rollo
12-17-06, 10:45 PM
You're welcome!

Spartan 117
12-17-06, 11:52 PM
thanx, ill try it out, it may be a reson why my rig crashes besides the ram

caldas
12-18-06, 08:01 AM
I wanna know if the same bug at NF4 ( A8N32-SLI delux) will be fixed.

davy1shoe
12-18-06, 01:13 PM
What bug is that i have this board?

Lazaredz
12-18-06, 02:02 PM
Cool. So new official BIOS next week then probably.

Kudos to EVGA/NVIDIA

D!Z
12-18-06, 09:17 PM
Love my evga, way too go guys!(nana2) thanks for the heads up

tutu
12-18-06, 11:13 PM

The NCQ BSODs are long gone if that is what you are referring too. I've never known a chipset manufacturer to have such a long list of problems as NVIDIA. Makes VIA look good (nana2)

Make sure you are using the latest 1303 BIOS and latest chipset driver.

What is the opinion on EVGA motherboards? I'm quite impressed by there forum system, makes the like of ASUS look pathetic. Send a "technical e-mail" to them about NF4 TCPIP BSODs (or whatever else in the past) and they will tell you to download some updates and thats about it, completely avoiding the question.

john19055
12-18-06, 11:18 PM
It seem to stop the SATA errors when overclocked above 1100 but it messed up my timmeings ,I could'nt set them as tight ,and it raises the refresh rate of my memory from 3.9 to 7.9.,but I just don't gain nothing by running my memory at 1066 or 1100 ,I get the same scores when running it at 800 and haveing a 1:1 ratio.In 3DMark06 14335 with 800 and 1:1 ratio and 14345 with running it at 1100 and I think the ratio was 8:10 or something like that ,In Fear it is the same thing just 2 or 3 FPS difference ,unless they can put out a bios update that would allow you to run a 500 buss ,I feel I just wasted my money on faster ram IMO.As long as I run it at Expert and Unlinked and keep the CPU at 1600 or 1650 and keep my memory at 800 to 825 I have no problems what so ever ,I did;nt even know about the SATA problem until I was running my memory at 1100 and then they would pop up,but as soon as I went back to a 800 on the memory it works perfect.,but the new Bios P23 does seem to fix that but it raises my refresh rate to the memory and I can't run as tight of timeing so I flashed back to P21 and everthing is fine now.

vandalous
12-19-06, 05:05 PM
I DL'ed these but won't install them since I don't get the SATA error that others are reporting. Odd how some people have it and others don't.

I've got 4 SATA drives (non-RAID) installed and one of them is showing some Disk Controller errors but those have been happening before I installed the NF68.

I'm gonna stick with the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage, especially since I've got my rig rock-solid stable right now with this OC and stuff.

Spartan 117
12-19-06, 09:55 PM
oh snap, it seemed to stop my random crashes, so it might have ben a sata issue I had, can't wait till the official release :)

Muppet
12-20-06, 12:22 AM
I flashed to the new Bios, i wasn't having problems, but i didn't want them to start. Since flashing i have had a lot of random lockups, just in Windows or while surfing the Net. I wasn't doing anything Intensive or the likes.
So i'm going to flash back to the P21 Bios.:thumbdwn:

Squuiid
12-20-06, 02:05 PM
BIOS updates will just mask the issue and hide performance settings in the BIOS.
At the end of the day, this chipset is marketed on overclocking potential.
If you remove this potential with a bios update to 'fix' instability, WHY buy this board?!

Arioch
12-20-06, 02:50 PM
I saw a post on the EVGA forums that they have released version 2 of the P23 beta bios.

http://www.evga.com/community/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23243

Single Player
12-20-06, 03:02 PM
why can't i see that storage option in Nvidia control panel ? it's been there before, now it's gone?

Spartan 117
12-20-06, 06:29 PM
and for sum odd reason, my SLI options are gone :(

but I don't want want those random crashes from the sata issues and such :(

jAkUp
12-21-06, 11:16 AM
and for sum odd reason, my SLI options are gone :(

but I don't want want those random crashes from the sata issues and such :(

Try reinstalling your video drivers, I had this issue too, but once I removed then reinstalled the video drivers, all was good :)

jAkUp
12-21-06, 11:16 AM
BIOS updates will just mask the issue and hide performance settings in the BIOS.
At the end of the day, this chipset is marketed on overclocking potential.
If you remove this potential with a bios update to 'fix' instability, WHY buy this board?!

And it still is, I get higher overclocks with this BIOS :D

SweetLou
12-21-06, 02:03 PM
As soon as I built my new system I went ahead and flashed the bios with P23 and then with P23 beta 2. I never got a chance to experience the SATA problems. System seems very stable and has OCed nice and remained very stable.

Spartan 117
12-21-06, 05:01 PM
Try reinstalling your video drivers, I had this issue too, but once I removed then reinstalled the video drivers, all was good :)
it was Windows, I reinstalled Windows, and it works like a beast now :D

even when I pluged in my monitor, that stupid logo testing thing showed up "Plug and Play Monitor did not pass Windows XP Logo Testing"

what kind of sh!t is that??

so I reinstalled Windows and updated to the second beta Bios and it works like a beast now :)

now, on to sum OC with my QX6700 :D

RussianHAXOR
12-22-06, 01:45 PM
=) how about....

Driver location...

http://www.evga.com/support/drivers/default.asp?switch=2&category=mb&subcat=11&os=nf68

Instructions on how to update them...

http://evga.com/support/680i/680i_instructions.asp

Release Notes...

otes :

The following was updated in release P23:

* Fix for SATA disk drives
* Improvements to memory stability and overclockability
* Disabled spread spectrum tables for improved overclockability
* Improve POST screen CPU speed reporting

Also includes these updates from bios' P20 and P21:

* Improves X-Fi and internal audio functionality
* WHQL Certified BIOS