PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Trying to install 12cm fan adapter for CoolIT Freezone CPU Cooler

Labyrinth
12-18-06, 01:50 AM
Can somebody help me??? I can't seem to get this adapter for the 12cm fan installed. Do I put the adapter on the Freezone first? Or to my case? I have the Silverstone Temjin 09 case. When I try to install it on the freezone itself, none of the screws line up with the holes, and I also can't get the lock nut on either!!! Does the 12cm plate on the outside or inside of case? Please help!!

Amuro
12-18-06, 06:23 AM
Remove your 120mm case fan first, then install the adapter in its place, inside the case I believe, then screw the freezone chiller onto the adapter.

HeavyH20
12-18-06, 09:44 AM
Are we talking about the 120mm mount adaptor for the stock Freezone unit? It simply mounts on to the 92 mm fan. Then, once mounted, you put the Freezone unit in place and mount on the 120 mm location. And, remember, the mount bracket is offset a bit to move the unit awa from the CPU a little. Make sure you have it set right.

Labyrinth
12-18-06, 12:36 PM
Ok, I know it's supposed to replace the back case fan of my case, but that's not my issue. The issue is that when I line up the 12cm bracket to the back of my case, most of the holes are covered up by my case. Am I supposed to drill new holes for this to fit?

Man...perfect timing for Tikiman leaving especially when I need him the most!!!??

If anybody knows how to get in touch with Tikiman1, I need to ask him how he was able to do this. Please PM me with some contact information for him.

Jakup, do know how to get a hold of Tikiman1???

Heavy, did you get the Temjin 09 case too?

Amuro
12-18-06, 08:40 PM
Maybe you don't need to I need the adapter. Some cases support 80-120mm fans.

hirantha
12-18-06, 09:14 PM
i remeber Tiki posted a Video guide of "how to install CoolIT" and a chick was doing it.. if anyone can find it i think it will help him alot.

ok i found it go on the site and go below you will find the Video

http://www.xoxide.com/coolit-systems-tec-water-cooling.html

Labyrinth
12-19-06, 12:48 PM
Thanks all for the responses. I've managed to find a fix for this bracket issue I was having.

But now I have a couple of new problems.

I getting a boot error at times when I restart the computer. It won't POST and I just get a blank screen and end up doing a hard reset.
And I'm also getting BSOD's whenever I try to install windows on my new rig with the nvraid.dll being the culprit.

I'm going to try updating to a newer BIOS and see if that fixes it. I've already disabled linkboost,

Thanks again.