PDA

View Full Version : Geo Forms, Audio reactions with Audigy2ZS, How???

AdmiralHalsey..
12-18-06, 01:14 AM
I love this trippy little tech demo. Has anyone gotten the "Listen and react to Audio" setting to work with a Sound Blaster Audigy2ZS yet??? The Automatic configure audio option fails, and the instructions for manually configuring it clearly doesn't apply to my setup [the taskbar icons menu is different than described]. I really wanna listen to my Dark Side of the Moon DVD Audio disk with this thing bouncing along with it, I'm desperate in fact. Any ideas? I'm gonna try to get into the nvida forums if they're still around and see what they say. Unless this problem is unique to me it MUST have been encountered a lot by now. Any help is as always appreciated. I'm using the newest beta drivers by the way, and I've tried both the old audio console and the one that just automatically downloaded literally 5 minutes ago. Please help....(xmassign2 (santa2) (newyr)

CaptNKILL
12-18-06, 06:26 AM
I don't remember what I did to get it working but it wasnt very impressive anyway. I didn't notice any connection between the sound and the visuals other than when there was sound it was moving and when there wasnt, it was mostly still.

AdmiralHalsey..
12-18-06, 07:04 PM
Well, I can't find anything useful, your the only person who even tried apparetly, but thanks for the info anyway. A friend of mine was watching it on my wide screen, and he said it WAS moving along with the audio [some badfinger oddly enough]. He was also on acid, so maybe thats what I need...

OWA
12-18-06, 07:18 PM
Cool, when I had older cards it run too slowly to be worth watching but it runs really well on the 8800s. I basically just selected the "What You Hear" option and it seems to be following the music. I have an X-Fi though but it's still a Creative driver so maybe it'll be the same for the Audigy.

Edit: Man, this thing is really cool. Thanks for bringing it up again.

OWA
12-18-06, 07:25 PM
Here's a thread on it. It's from when it was first released and also shows people creating their own stencils for it.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72354&highlight=geoforms

Edit: Geez, forgot the link initially.

AdmiralHalsey..
12-18-06, 07:57 PM
Got your pm Owa, thanks, as I said it fails the auto config thing, and clicking the speaker icon thing gets me nowhere fast. I'll keep trying now though.

AdmiralHalsey..
12-18-06, 08:30 PM
Here what I get when I click configure audio input and click my little speaker icon. I hope I'm just retarded and missing the easy stuff again.:captnkill:

OWA
12-18-06, 08:36 PM
Oh, you're saying when you run the Configure GeoForms app and then click Configure Audio Input, it doesn't do anything?

Try bringing it up this way. Go to the windows control panel and click sounds and audio devices, click the audio tab in the dialog box that comes up, under the sound recording section, click Volume... and that should bring up panel that GeoForms launches.

Edit: If the windows way of doing it doesn't work, I'm not sure. I don't know what to check when looking at the X-Fi mixer either. It shows a What U Hear on the Rec area but then you can select various categories like line-in, auxiliary, microphone, etc.

What categories are shown when you click the little icon below the Rec?

AdmiralHalsey..
12-18-06, 08:45 PM
Wow, I did what you said and it says

OWA
12-18-06, 08:48 PM
Hmm, I guess you're going to have to use the Audigy mixer. Try clicking the icon below the Rec and see what options it shows.

CaptNKILL
12-18-06, 08:49 PM
eek... sounds like you need to either reinstall your sound drivers or try to have windows reinstall the sound volume program (which I don't know if you can do... I've never heard of it causing problems before).

AdmiralHalsey..
12-18-06, 08:59 PM
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!111, now my cpu utilzation is at 99% with some creative service being the culprit [it starts with a cc, but more than that I just know...] Thanks for all your help, especially OWA, I got it to start reacting [if thats what you call that cube like pattern that sometimes appears on drum beats] by clicking the icon under rec, and reselecting "what you hear", although thats what it was the whole time I've been trying, and leaving the CP up while the geoforms runs. I thank you all once again, but I now have bigger fish to fry and so will have to abandon this thread. I doubt I'll be trying this again either. And a quick reboot made some device on my 7900gt suddenly appear and ask for drivers [not the 7900gt itself] and I still get 99% cpu raping. I thought when creative drivers disabled auto protect on my Nortan AV 2005 [this is what Symantec said] that I had seen the worst creative had to offer. This takes the cake. god help me, I need to smoke some green now...

OWA
12-18-06, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear it went downhill fast...