PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Contest

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MikeC
12-18-06, 03:53 PM
Today NVIDIA launched a year long contest on SLIZONE called the SLI Component a Day Giveaway. We are giving away $100,000 worth of prizes from our partners. Every day for a year, we're drawing a name out of the hat and giving away an SLI-Ready component to each day's winner. Those components range from GeForce SLI-Ready graphics cards, to SLI-Ready nForce motherboards, to SLI-Ready power supplies, and SLI-Ready DDR2 memory! How do you qualify? If you have an SLI-Ready or SLI-enabled PC, you're in! Just visit the SLIZONE (http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_sli_giveaway.html) dedicated web page and enter.

SLI Component a day giveaway

$100,000 in prizes.
365 winners
1 Year of winning

Prizes include products from these NVIDIA partners:

BFG Tech
EVGA
MSI
OCZ
PC Power and Cooling
PNY
Thermaltake
XFX

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_sli_giveaway.html

Q
12-18-06, 03:55 PM
GO AWAY SPAMMER!!!!

;)

I'm entered. :D

tacos4me
12-18-06, 04:02 PM
That's a LOT of prizes.

CaptNKILL
12-18-06, 04:09 PM
I'm not allowed to enter. :p

einstein_314
12-18-06, 04:43 PM
I like how if you win, it's up to you to check back within a certain amount of time...otherwise you don't get your prize. What's up with that? I wonder how many people won't get their prizes because they didn't check to see if they won...

Banko
12-18-06, 05:03 PM
I'm not allowed to enter. :p
What if your ultra-d is modded, and hence Sli ready? :D

Monolyth
12-18-06, 05:22 PM
I like how if you win, it's up to you to check back within a certain amount of time...otherwise you don't get your prize. What's up with that? I wonder how many people won't get their prizes because they didn't check to see if they won...

Could write a quick application to check for your name on whatever list page they create. :)

CaptNKILL
12-18-06, 05:26 PM
What if your ultra-d is modded, and hence Sli ready? :D
I was thinking about it. :D

If I still had my 7950GX2 I could probably enter. :p

Technically, anything with a PCI-E 8x or 16x slot is SLI capable since there are single slot SLI solutions now. ;)

grey_1
12-18-06, 05:44 PM
SLI'ded and signed up. :D

Redeemed
12-18-06, 05:52 PM
Signed up aswell. :D :D :D

shabby
12-18-06, 06:23 PM
Bastards... they actually check if you have an nvidia card :)

OWA
12-18-06, 06:49 PM
I signed up. Hope I win something good. :)

RussianHAXOR
12-18-06, 07:14 PM
*entered*

yay for owning an Sli mobo!

Tygerwoody
12-18-06, 07:54 PM
I have an SLI mobo and it says I dont meet the requirements ????

hirantha
12-18-06, 08:09 PM
So basically nvidia is going to be spying on you by forcing you to install their activeX stuff and if you donít you cant enter the contest.. MAN!! Its freaking unbelievable how these marketing strategies work.. Who freaking came up with this idea?

Redeemed
12-18-06, 08:21 PM

That is because you aren't running two video cards in SLi. If you happen to have a pair of 7xxx's from before your current 8800GTX- just plop the two old video cards in and that should work.

Yeah, you actually need to be using SLi in order to be eligible.

Redeemed
12-18-06, 08:22 PM
So basically nvidia is going to be spying on you by forcing you to install their activeX stuff and if you donít you cant enter the contest.. MAN!! Its freaking unbelievable how these marketing strategies work.. Who freaking came up with this idea?

They aren't spying on you. They are merely verifying that you have a valid SLi-enabled (not just capable) system. They have to have some way to verify this, and that is what the ActiveX deal is all about. Nothing more. No spying in any way.

tacos4me
12-18-06, 08:24 PM
That is because you aren't running two video cards in SLi. If you happen to have a pair of 7xxx's from before your current 8800GTX- just plop the two old video cards in and that should work.

Yeah, you actually need to be using SLi in order to be eligible.

I'm entered and I don't have SLi enabled. I believe you only need SLi capability.

RussianHAXOR
12-18-06, 08:44 PM

get the newest drivers...

RussianHAXOR
12-18-06, 08:45 PM
I'm entered and I don't have SLi enabled. I believe you only need SLi capability.

yep, sli videocard(1) and sli mobo-is enough!

i have a 7900gt ko and an a8n-sli and thats all u need.

Spartan 117
12-18-06, 08:55 PM
cool, i signed up :)

einstein_314
12-18-06, 09:03 PM
So basically nvidia is going to be spying on you by forcing you to install their activeX stuff and if you don’t you cant enter the contest.. MAN!! Its freaking unbelievable how these marketing strategies work.. Who freaking came up with this idea?
Uh...how else are they going to know that you have a SLI ready system? They aren't going to take your word for it, that's for sure. And it's not like this activeX control is running all the time.

Hmm, it doesn't like Vista for confirming I have an SLI ready system :( Guess I'll have to boot to XP and try it...

EDIT: So after rebooting to XP...it still doesn't work. Still says I don't have an SLI ready PC. I'm running SLI?!? How much more SLI ready can you get?!? Maybe it's a driver issue? I wonder if you have to have WHQL certified drivers installed for it to work...

Arioch
12-18-06, 10:16 PM
Bummer - I won't get my system from OPC until the middle of January to be able to enter.

SH0DAN
12-18-06, 11:37 PM
Bastards... they actually check if you have an nvidia card :)

I have 7 different Nvidia cards and two Nforce4 mobo's and it still wont let me enter !! :(

sphincter
12-18-06, 11:40 PM
This is crap. I run a SLI board with SLI'd video cards, but under linux. Their crappy-assed little checker can't figure out that I'm running SLI, so it tells me that I can't enter. Well, this is about the last straw. SLI runs like crap under linux, and I've had it with nvidia's lack of support. I don't know what video solution my next batch of systems will use, but it won't be nvidia anything.