PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 2142 1.10 Patch Released

johnkeel105
12-19-06, 12:17 PM
BUG FIXES
- Remove ability to resupply all unlimited ammo objects
- No longer able to use Sentry Gun pushing player into Titan Crate collision
- No longer able to use RDX DemoPaks drop through first section of the 3rd and 4th upper hallways of both Titans
- Away Bonus is now used when calculating in-game promotions
- Improved communication with GameSpy Database
- EU Duty Ribbon/PAC Duty Ribbon awarded correctly when all criteria are fulfilled
- “Commander score" statistic no longer resets to zero
- Enabled tabbing to password field when using a dedicated server
- News Tickers Speed time to display increased
- When scrolling through the list in Multiplayer you no longer move both at the same time as the server info
- EMP effect on Gunships reduced from 4 to 3 seconds allows the gunship to recover when throttled up at medium altitude
- SL drone: Tweaked the acceleration on the left right aiming for the bot. It now acquires targets properly
- Adjusted pistols: Increased ROF Clamp values, slightly reduced damage fall off over range
- Adjusted up the damage of the HMG rounds to counter its lower RPM
- Adjusted and/or increased entry radius points for all vehicles
- Removed unused RangeFinder setting from EU Walker, Titan Guns to fix the APC/Railgun/FAV draw out bug
- Fix for latency and TV guided missiles (lowered the acceleration on the missile and fixed firing lag)
- Fixed active camouflage to no longer offset image
- Changed default server port to 17567
- Update to most current PunkBuster client files

FEATURES
- Reserved Slot Enhancement (Gives reserved slots the ability to be filled if not used)
- Unranked Unlock Control (Option to give all first level unlocks and Enable/Disable control of all other unlock levels use)
- Spectator Function

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/9989/Battlefield+2142+Retail+1.10+Patch
Enjoy!!:)

OWA
12-19-06, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the update. Just a quick question though (kind of unrelated), is there a way to play single player without having to connect to their server? I'm only interested in playing SP but I always have to login to the their server before I can do anything.

rudedog
12-19-06, 12:41 PM
If you hate waiting in line or clicking 10 links to get to a download only to wait, then here are some direct links to the file download.

Download: http://www.fpsadmin.com/download/details.php?file=87
or
Download: http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2142/1.10/BF2142_Update_1.10.exe

J-Mag
12-19-06, 12:46 PM
I'm only interested in playing SP but I always have to login to the their server before I can do anything.

Why are interested in playing single player? Is it because you are wanting to run more controlled tests?

Playing a Battlefield game for fun with bots is sacrilegious.

Edit: BTW, For all the bashing 2142 gets around the net, I have found it to be an entertaining change of pace.

johnkeel105
12-19-06, 12:47 PM
You only have to login to play singleplayer. I think the patches now allow you to play singleplayer without being online. Thanks for posting those links up rudedog, I am unable to access those EA sites here. :)

Review
12-19-06, 12:51 PM
http://www.harhkore.com/downloads/BF2142_Update_1.10.exe

Mirror there too.

OWA
12-19-06, 12:57 PM
Why are interested in playing single player? Is it because you are wanting to run more controlled tests?

Playing a Battlefield game for fun with bots is sacrilegious.

Edit: BTW, For all the bashing 2142 gets around the net, I have found it to be an entertaining change of pace.
I don't play online games at all.

J-Mag
12-19-06, 01:04 PM
I don't play online games at all.

Why do you have a slow net connection or something?

OWA
12-19-06, 01:12 PM
No, it's reasonably fast. Multiplayer just doesn't appeal to me for a lot of reasons but let's just leave it as a personal preference thing. :)

J-Mag
12-19-06, 01:37 PM
No, it's reasonably fast. Multiplayer just doesn't appeal to me for a lot of reasons but let's just leave it as a personal preference thing. :)

Alrighty, just seems a bit odd to me...

einstein_314
12-19-06, 02:05 PM
Alrighty, just seems a bit odd to me...
It's because he's scared of teh Internets!!! :D

OWA
12-19-06, 04:02 PM
It's because he's scared of teh Internets!!! :D
Exactly. :)

mojoman0
12-19-06, 05:02 PM
check out www.totalbf2142.com for all your bf needs. I'm sure you'll find out how to play single player there. I think you can even play single player titan. They also have related sites such as www.totalcrysis.com so check em out.(lee63)

OWA
12-19-06, 05:15 PM
check out www.totalbf2142.com for all your bf needs. I'm sure you'll find out how to play single player there. I think you can even play single player titan. They also have related sites such as www.totalcrysis.com so check em out.(lee63)
Thanks for the link.

Shamrock
12-20-06, 12:59 AM
Why do you have a slow net connection or something?

I bought 2142 thinking I could play online, because on the box, it said "Internet connection required". When I got home, and I downloaded a patch, and made an account, I could only checkmark 256kb or better, or LAN!

So yeah, I HAVE to play SP, because of my dialup :(

nutcrackr
12-20-06, 02:53 AM
I bought 2142 thinking I could play online, because on the box, it said "Internet connection required". When I got home, and I downloaded a patch, and made an account, I could only checkmark 256kb or better, or LAN!

Have you tried playing on small conquest servers?

johnkeel105
12-20-06, 04:16 AM
Well as bad as it is the trend of games needing more internet resources will probably keep increasing. I know something faster then 56k is not viable for many people, it wasn't for me for quite a long time. Hopeing to play the lastest games online with 56k like having false hope. :(

Shamrock
12-20-06, 06:40 AM
Have you tried playing on small conquest servers?

how? It wont connect, not even on 256kb, so I can only log in.

J-Mag
12-20-06, 12:54 PM

Pretty lame they don't specify, but I didn't know that people used dialup anymore either ;)

You would get owned anyway if you are trying to compete at 300-500ms vs guys with 20ms pings.

Can you not get cable or DSL where you live? Out in the boondocks are we?

CaptNKILL
12-20-06, 07:11 PM
Pretty lame they don't specify, but I didn't know that people used dialup anymore either ;)

You would get owned anyway if you are trying to compete at 300-500ms vs guys with 20ms pings.

Actually the 300+ pings make it harder for everyone else too. You ever try to shoot down a jet flown by someone who is lagging? They basically teleport around the map. :p

J-Mag
12-20-06, 07:49 PM
Actually the 300+ pings make it harder for everyone else too. You ever try to shoot down a jet flown by someone who is lagging? They basically teleport around the map. :p

Yeah but that guy will crash anyway, so he isn't really a threat.

icecold1983
12-20-06, 08:22 PM
i hope more games start requiring broadband for online play, as someone on dial up can ruin the game for everyone else.

Shamrock
12-21-06, 12:58 AM

Nope, they refuse to bring it out my way, because it wouldnt be profitable, Bellsouth, yo! When "somebody" decides to get BB here, I'm signing up for the best they have.

i hope more games start requiring broadband for online play, as someone on dial up can ruin the game for everyone else.

and I hope you get DDoS'ed until you give up. There are MORE dialup users in America than broadband. I play DAILY against broadband users, and usually get top 5...about half the time, I win...on dialup...hmm. I have just as much right on the internet as you do.

icecold1983
12-21-06, 01:41 AM
dial up users have a negative impact on the gaming experience. it isnt about rights

johnkeel105
12-21-06, 02:42 AM
I think that 56k needs to be dismantled an replaced with DSL as a standard. That is what will eventually happen. 56k is getting harder and harder to surf the web with as sites need more bandwidth as well. The only point I could see it used for eventually would be for dialing up to check email accounts.