PDA

View Full Version : MSI CoreCell/Dual CoreCenter incompatible with latest 93.71 drivers ?

harshw
12-19-06, 12:43 PM
Just got rid of my x1600Pro that was in the HTPC and replaced it with a 7600GT Diamond Plus from MSI. The card is great, the video is great - just one problem: fan noise.

If the DualCoreCenter utility from MSI is not loaded, the fan runs at full speed and is annoying to say the least ( It's in a HTPC after all ). If I use Forceware drivers 91.47 then the DualCoreCenter works. But it does not work with ver 93.71. And this is the best version out there for HD & DVD playback. Does anyone have a MSI card with the " CoreCell " chip and are they using it with the latest 93.71 drivers ?

I do not want to overclock this card, I just want it as silent as possible ... (Replacing the heatsink with a Zalman VF-900 or similar is not an option)

Subtestube
12-19-06, 01:43 PM
You can probably use Rivatuner to control Fan Speed - download it from Guru3D.com.

harshw
12-19-06, 01:47 PM
You can probably use Rivatuner to control Fan Speed - download it from Guru3D.com.

Thanks

Got the stupid DualCoreCenter working by installing Forceware 93.71 over 91.47 without removing them first. Stupid utility. I will try with RivaTuner but the DiamondPlus is not the usual reference 7600GT design and may not work with it