PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Does It Again: Game Cinematics <3

Pages : [1] 2

vandalous
12-19-06, 02:27 PM
pc.ign.com (http://media.pc.ign.com/media/770/770472/vids_1.html) has the WoW:Burning Crusade intro cinematic up and it's unbelievable. Blizzard has been at the forefront of these in-game and intro cinematics and I've yet to be disappointed by any of them.

I love when cinematics are well done. The Dawn of War opening cinematic took just about everyone by surprise by its' quality. Some of my favorite non-Blizzard cinematics came from the Descent:Freespace 1 & 2 games. Those were fabulous.

For my b-day this year, I received a DVD-set made by Blizzard that has every cinematic from Diablo1 to WoW. It's awesome!

superklye
12-19-06, 02:29 PM
I'd trade all their awesome cinematics, The Burning Crusade and Diablo 3 all for Starcraft 2. :(

nVidi0t
12-19-06, 02:36 PM
yeah, its a good trailer. Again no rogues though.

It's becoming World of Castercraft with this new crappy patch.

vandalous
12-19-06, 03:06 PM
Mmm - Starcraft 2....

UDawg
12-19-06, 03:48 PM
yeah, its a good trailer. Again no rogues though.

It's becoming World of Castercraft with this new crappy patch.
What the hell are you talking about? The rogues were there right behind the murlocs.
The undead lock scene is out of this world cool. That is exactly how I always pictured the undead would fight. It was simply awesome.

nVidi0t
12-19-06, 04:18 PM
Sorry man my perception was on cooldown :(

einstein_314
12-19-06, 04:30 PM
I'd trade all their awesome cinematics, The Burning Crusade and Diablo 3 all for Starcraft 2. :(
QFT!!!

UDawg
12-19-06, 04:32 PM
Sorry man my perception was on cooldown :(
L2PVP n00b :D

nVidi0t
12-19-06, 04:34 PM
L2PVP n00b :D

ROFLCRIT!

Bet your an MS warrior :D

UDawg
12-19-06, 05:01 PM
ROFLCRIT!

Bet your an MS warrior :D
LOL! My very first 60 was a NE warrior and a true tank. Then I went to a Tauren hunter, then a 29 twink Undead priest named Snots. Oh he was much hated and I liked that. Now I am back to WoW and playing a Undead rogue. He will be my only toon. The rest are gone. Yes I favor horde big time.

To finally answer your question. I got a Arcanite Reaper about a year and a half ago. Every single warrior that gets a AR will be a MS warrior. LOL! I then went to protection to OT.

I'm on Elune BTW

nVidi0t
12-19-06, 05:13 PM
Sweet bro, I've been playing my 60 rogue since release and also casually levelled a druid and warrior to 60.. (Warrior with full Wrath + GM claymore).

Still working on full Tier 3 with my rogue. I'm top DKP and still waiting for Thaddius to drop my Bonescythe mask :thumbdwn:

I'm alliance but I'll be Rolling a BE rogue in the add-on. I have a 60 orc warrior on Spinebreaker server too.

UDawg
12-19-06, 05:20 PM
Sweet bro, I've been playing my 60 rogue since release and also casually levelled a druid and warrior to 60.. (Warrior with full Wrath + GM claymore).

Still working on full Tier 3 with my rogue. I'm top DKP and still waiting for Thaddius to drop my Bonescythe mask :thumbdwn:

I'm alliance but I'll be Rolling a BE rogue in the add-on. I have a 60 orc warrior on Spinebreaker server too.
Nice. My warior had 3 pieces but I was so far down on the dkp that I wouldn't be able to get the rest of the set. I left that guild to go to the horde. I'm now in a small horde PVP guild that is trying to build up an alliance to raid again.

I will play around with the new alliance race but I refuse to make a blood elf becuase every one wants one. I will go against the grain. LOL

nVidi0t
12-19-06, 05:23 PM
Yeah ofc, if there are just too many damn BE's I wont continue levelling that char. I will select which char to play depending on how the raiding situation goes in TBC. The state of rogues with PvE is looking pretty grim. (In Naxx at least)

UDawg
12-19-06, 05:50 PM
Yeah ofc, if there are just too many damn BE's I wont continue levelling that char. I will select which char to play depending on how the raiding situation goes in TBC. The state of rogues with PvE is looking pretty grim. (In Naxx at least)
What I did when I came back to WoW was ask the guild what they needed. They have two rogues for raiding. As you know that is not enough DPS. So I am a rogue. It is fun and I really dig being dagger speced. I love stun lock over power. LOL! but I will go for power when raiding and piss the warrior off for once in stead of a rogue pissing me off. :D I'm lvl 44 with only 3 days played.

nVidi0t
12-19-06, 06:03 PM
Whoa, that's hardcore man!

Yep, dagger spec all the way. I'm loving mutilate with 41/0/10. I have such fast combo point generation I can react much faster to changing circumstances in PvP. I can stunlock, smash damage with 5 point evis, proc 5 deadly and rupture then vanish and watch them melt, expose armor or 5 point KS with find weakness and thistle tea BHAM 2.2k mutilate :P

UDawg
12-19-06, 06:11 PM
Whoa, that's hardcore man!

Yep, dagger spec all the way. I'm loving mutilate with 41/0/10. I have such fast combo point generation I can react much faster to changing circumstances in PvP. I can stunlock, smash damage with 5 point evis, proc 5 deadly and rupture then vanish and watch them melt, expose armor or 5 point KS with find weakness and thistle tea BHAM 2.2k mutilate :P
LOL that's cool.

The 3 days played is following Joanna's horde hunter guide. It can get you to 40 in 4 and a half days played. It eliminates all Elite quests and instances. It stream lines the leveling process and lays it out so you finish the go-here-go-there quests in the areas you have to go next. It is a brilliant guide.

nVidi0t
12-19-06, 06:24 PM
Man, that sounds fantastic. I've noted that guide down :thumbsup:

If you got time I'm sure you will enjoy a couple of my guild's promo vids!

Blackwing Lair: ftp://koffkoff.mine.nu/HHBWLbySil.avi
Naxxramas Spider Wing: http://files.filefront.com/HHSpiderW.../fileinfo.html
Naxxramas Abomination Wing: http://www.davejc.com/silhouette/HHAbomWingBySil.avi

UDawg
12-19-06, 06:37 PM
Man, that sounds fantastic. I've noted that guide down :thumbsup:

If you got time I'm sure you will enjoy a couple of my guild's promo vids!

Blackwing Lair: ftp://koffkoff.mine.nu/HHBWLbySil.avi
Naxxramas Spider Wing: http://files.filefront.com/HHSpiderW.../fileinfo.html
Naxxramas Abomination Wing: http://www.davejc.com/silhouette/HHAbomWingBySil.avi
I'll check em out this evening.

If you can't find that guide let me know and I'll hook you up. She used to have it out for free, now she charges for it. Just remember it is for horde but you can follow the same routes she uses and trim down time for the alliance side.

Remember, the guide knows all...

nrdstrm
12-20-06, 04:52 AM
**I KNOW I AM ABOUT TO GET BASHED**

Anyway, I don't think Blizzard can do anything to make WOW into a "TRUE" MMO...Most of the hard core MMOers I've talked to (including myself) view WOW as an MMO Light...It is a noobs MMO...I'm not saying it's not a good game for the target audience. I'm just saying it doesn't appeal to alot of MMOers out there...To be honest, it doesn't really matter, as it is the most successful MMO out there and will be for quite some time. But for me, I prefer something with more depth. I know plenty of WOW guilds that are planning on migrating to other MMO's (take your pick), but are waiting for them to come out. Will it hurt WOW in any way? Nope...I'm just giving perspective of alot of people that played MMO's before WOW came into existance. I for sure give credit to WOW for making the first MMO that attracted NON MMO players en masse...So don't think I'm a WOW hater...It's just not for me. Heck, if Burning Cursade gets alot of good reviews from old EQ/DOAC/etc. friends of mine, I might even give it a shot!

nVidi0t
12-20-06, 02:36 PM

If you can't find that guide let me know and I'll hook you up. She used to have it out for free, now she charges for it. Just remember it is for horde but you can follow the same routes she uses and trim down time for the alliance side.

I've been looking around and so far have been unable to find her guide. I see a lot of chatter about it but I cant find the thing!

Ninjaman09
12-20-06, 03:08 PM
**I KNOW I AM ABOUT TO GET BASHED**

Anyway, I don't think Blizzard can do anything to make WOW into a "TRUE" MMO...Most of the hard core MMOers I've talked to (including myself) view WOW as an MMO Light...It is a noobs MMO...I'm not saying it's not a good game for the target audience. I'm just saying it doesn't appeal to alot of MMOers out there...To be honest, it doesn't really matter, as it is the most successful MMO out there and will be for quite some time. But for me, I prefer something with more depth. I know plenty of WOW guilds that are planning on migrating to other MMO's (take your pick), but are waiting for them to come out. Will it hurt WOW in any way? Nope...I'm just giving perspective of alot of people that played MMO's before WOW came into existance. I for sure give credit to WOW for making the first MMO that attracted NON MMO players en masse...So don't think I'm a WOW hater...It's just not for me. Heck, if Burning Cursade gets alot of good reviews from old EQ/DOAC/etc. friends of mine, I might even give it a shot!

That's because most hardcore MMOers are elitists who are pissed that Blizzard went and made a game that is actually fun to play. Though I'd love for you to illustrate how it is a "noobs MMO" so I can shoot you down. :D

superklye
12-20-06, 03:14 PM

I would be quite interested in this guide if you're willing to share... :)

jolle
12-20-06, 04:42 PM
I know Blur studios did the Dawn of war intro and alot of other games (hellgate london among others).
I think Blizz have their own team, not sure tho since I think I heard Blur does their things aswell, but they arent listed on their site so..
Seems not at all uncomon to hire a studio for this sort of thing, instead of having a dedicated team in house for it.
Another great company is Digic Pictures, who made the Mark of Chaos cinematic which is just awesome IMO.
Blizzards CG has always been top notch tho.

Tr1cK
12-21-06, 10:52 AM
LOL! My very first 60 was a NE warrior and a true tank. Then I went to a Tauren hunter, then a 29 twink Undead priest named Snots. Oh he was much hated and I liked that. Now I am back to WoW and playing a Undead rogue. He will be my only toon. The rest are gone. Yes I favor horde big time.

To finally answer your question. I got a Arcanite Reaper about a year and a half ago. Every single warrior that gets a AR will be a MS warrior. LOL! I then went to protection to OT.

I'm on Elune BTW

FOR THE HORDE! I knew UDawg couldn't be in with those leftist Alliance. :p

Tyr-Sog
12-21-06, 06:23 PM
The warhammer online cinematics isn't to shabby either

http://mythic.fileburst.com/war/media/WAR_Trailer_FINAL_100meg.zip