PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my router...

Roadhog
12-19-06, 05:42 PM
Okay heres how my setup goes. I have a modem/router that is in transparent bridging, so all its doing is forwarding everything to the router. Now... my router is a Linksys WRT54GS, and I can't figure out how to get the ports open on it. I've tried a few things and they wont open.

Here are the IP's

ipconfig:

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

And in the router what it says...

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway: 209.181.36.193
DNS 1: 192.168.0.1
DNS 2: 205.171.3.65

tacos4me
12-19-06, 05:46 PM
Have you been into the router settings? (192.168.1.1) Just go into your port forwarding options and forward whichever ports you need to your LAN IP address. (192.168.1.10)

Roadhog
12-19-06, 05:52 PM
Have you been into the router settings? (192.168.1.1) Just go into your port forwarding options and forward whichever ports you need to your LAN IP address. (192.168.1.10)

yes, of course. That is what I have it set to currently.. BTW I am connected wireless to it.

tacos4me
12-19-06, 05:59 PM
yes, of course. That is what I have it set to currently.. BTW I am connected wireless to it.

Using the correct protocols? You might just want to try enabling DMZ to troubleshoot. Check to see if that fixes anything..

EDIT: Oh, and what do you have for a connection?

Roadhog
12-19-06, 06:01 PM
Using the correct protocols? You might just want to try enabling DMZ to troubleshoot. Check to see if that fixes anything..

EDIT: Oh, and what do you have for a connection?

DSL, tried DMZ.. still the same. :|

evilchris
12-19-06, 06:07 PM
what do you mean "the ports"

tacos4me
12-19-06, 06:10 PM
DSL, tried DMZ.. still the same. :|

You connect with DHCP, or PPPoE? And who's trying to connect to you? Hosting a server by any chance?

Roadhog
12-19-06, 06:56 PM
You connect with DHCP, or PPPoE? And who's trying to connect to you? Hosting a server by any chance?

The router has DHCP enabled, and I am connected to my ISP with PPPoE.

Roadhog
12-19-06, 08:13 PM
nevermind... Firewall decided it wanted to block every port.

hirantha
12-19-06, 09:55 PM
what do you mean "the ports"

hey console boi, remember to search google if you dont know something

evilchris
12-20-06, 12:04 AM
hey console boi, remember to search google if you dont know something

Hey hirantha, I am a Network Engineer at a consulting firm in San Diego and deploy enterprise networks for a living. I attained my Cisco CCIE certifcation in R&S 3 years ago, and had my CCNP since 1999 prior to that. I also have my CISSP, and just to show my boss the MCSE is a joke, I took all 7 tests for the MCSE 2k3 in one day with no study and passed them all. Here, have a read of what a CCIE is:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/index.html

Currently I am working on the CCIE: Security lab after passing the written earlier this year. I primarily work large scale network analysis and design. My question was simple, to get him to elaborate on what his problem was.

If you would like to discuss networking with me, or "test my knowledge", feel free. I do eBGP in my sleep. I see you list yourself as a "Business System Analyst". Does that mean you answer Remedy help desk calls all day? Or perhaps order printers? I've got 10 years experience in my field working the most elaborate equipment in existence. In fact, I personally designed, configured, and project managed the *1st* "TAN" installation in North America this summer. That's a new buzzword meaning "Train Area Network". We deployed wireless mesh nodes connected to an existing SONET ring at .5 mile intervals along a train right of way, with nodes on 90MPH trains. Good call assuming I don't know networking since I like consoles. Pff, what a joke.

Thanks, drive through with fries, business systems analyst boi.

superklye
12-20-06, 12:50 AM
pwnt

evilchris
12-20-06, 01:02 AM
pwnt

I ask a simple question so I can help someone, and a l33t pC g4m3r puts in his two cents with

"HWEHEHEHEHC cONOEL BOI1!! CONSOEL S DONT KNWO ENTOWKRIng!!! I Setup A DMZ onEcE!!! "

superklye
12-20-06, 01:03 AM
jesus christ man...hahahahaha

einstein_314
12-20-06, 10:50 AM
pwnt
QFT!!!

hirantha
12-20-06, 02:47 PM
Hey hirantha, I am a Network Engineer at a consulting firm in San Diego and deploy enterprise networks for a living. I attained my Cisco CCIE certifcation in R&S 3 years ago, and had my CCNP since 1999 prior to that. I also have my CISSP, and just to show my boss the MCSE is a joke, I took all 7 tests for the MCSE 2k3 in one day with no study and passed them all. Here, have a read of what a CCIE is:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/index.html

Currently I am working on the CCIE: Security lab after passing the written earlier this year. I primarily work large scale network analysis and design. My question was simple, to get him to elaborate on what his problem was.

If you would like to discuss networking with me, or "test my knowledge", feel free. I do eBGP in my sleep. I see you list yourself as a "Business System Analyst". Does that mean you answer Remedy help desk calls all day? Or perhaps order printers? I've got 10 years experience in my field working the most elaborate equipment in existence. In fact, I personally designed, configured, and project managed the *1st* "TAN" installation in North America this summer. That's a new buzzword meaning "Train Area Network". We deployed wireless mesh nodes connected to an existing SONET ring at .5 mile intervals along a train right of way, with nodes on 90MPH trains. Good call assuming I don't know networking since I like consoles. Pff, what a joke.

Thanks, drive through with fries, business systems analyst boi.

Well good for you, but you sound immature for a person who has that much experience and know how... well for your information I donít just order printers or help desk, i order servers and get them working and I work with mainframes so its not bad being a system analyst in my department...

So anyway again what you do is far better than what I do therefore keep on TANning boi.

evilchris
12-20-06, 02:52 PM
Flame and be flamed. A good reply by you should have been:

" I shouldn't have insulted you with zero knowledge of your skillset".

hirantha
12-20-06, 02:58 PM
Flame and be flamed. A good reply by you should have been:

" I shouldn't have insulted you with zero knowledge of your skillset".

its ok! thanx for letting me know who you actually are now i know the guy to ask questions if i wanna know anything in your field... its a nice way to meet.. glad to meet you Chris! :D