PDA

View Full Version : Finally ordered my new PC

Arioch
12-19-06, 07:45 PM
Well after finally saving up enough money I ordered my new PC from OPC (Overdrive PC) on Friday. Since I am working 6-7 days a week I decided to get something from a builder with a good reputation and under some sort of warranty since I do not have the free time to set up my own system. I was intrigued by the fact they overclock their systems and warranty them as such and HardOCP gave them their yearly award for best build quality. Here is what I have ordered:

System Warranty and Coverage : [Platinum 2 Year] Parts, Labor and Shipping
Case and Color : [Cooler Master] Stacker 830 Mid/Full Tower (Black)
SureCool System and Fan Colors (Ultra-Quiet) : Blue
Processor Cooling : Factory Copper Cooler (Air)
Power Supply : [Enermax] 1000 Watt Power Supply
Video Adapter(s) : (2) [NVIDIA] GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB (SLI)
Disk Array 1 | Hard Disk Drive(s) : [Western Digital] 150GB SATA 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache
Disk Array 2 | Hard Disk Drive(s) : [Seagate] 400GB SATA 7,200 RPM 16MB Cache
Processor(s) : [Intel] Core 2 Duo QX6700 Extreme 8MB HyperClocked (3400MHz+)
Motherboard : [EVGA] nForce 680i SLI Motherboard (775)
System Memory : 2GB DDR/DDR2
Operating System : [Microsoft] Windows XP Professional
Hot-Swap and Removable Hard Disk Drive Trays 1 : (1 Drive) Removable SATA Hard Drive Cage
Hot-Swap and Removable Hard Disk Drive Trays 2 : (1 Drive) Removable SATA Hard Drive Cage
CD/DVD 1 : [Sony] 18X Dual Layer DVD Burner 48X CD Burner
CD/DVD 2 : [Sony] 18X Dual Layer DVD Burner 48X CD Burner
Floppy/Flash Media Drive : [Mitsumi] Floppy
Sound Adapter : [Creative Labs] Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty 7.1
Shipping Options : [FedEx] 3-Day Service (Computer Only)
CD/DVD Cable Color : Rounded Cable (Steel)
Floppy Disk Drive Cable Color : Rounded Cable (Steel)

I already have my new Dell 2407 monitor and will pick up a G15 keyboard and G5 mouse in a week or so. I got done installing a bunch of texture mods for Oblivion on my current AGP system with a 7800GS and watched it run in single digits at 1920x1200 on my 2407. It will be interesting to see the difference with my new machine.

Now I get to drive myself nuts waiting for it to arrive in about a month...

Mr Bigman
12-19-06, 07:53 PM
Sweet deal.

sillyeagle
12-19-06, 09:38 PM
Wow I wish I had $6,000 for a system build. lol Nice system by the way.

Spartan 117
12-19-06, 09:52 PM
it cost $6000??? dam thats a high price, my stats are pretty much the same, but it cost me about $3500-4000 :D

Arioch
12-19-06, 10:02 PM
Well it was about $5500 but yeah, that's is a lot more than DIY. I basically paid for the difference with the overtime I worked in November. With my limited free time I prefer to let them deal with any issues if it breaks down as opposed to me doing it and having to pay more on top of it.

I am bringing my AGP system to its knees right now with the Oblivion mods I am installing for it - I want to see how it all looks now ahead of time. I also got unopened copies of Gothic 3, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, and FEAR:Extraction Point ready to go.

Spartan 117
12-19-06, 10:16 PM
well, be prepared to be amazed by your new system, im certenly enjoying mine playing all games on max settings :)

einstein_314
12-20-06, 12:13 AM
Well it was about $5500 but yeah, that's is a lot more than DIY. I basically paid for the difference with the overtime I worked in November. With my limited free time I prefer to let them deal with any issues if it breaks down as opposed to me doing it and having to pay more on top of it.

I am bringing my AGP system to its knees right now with the Oblivion mods I am installing for it - I want to see how it all looks now ahead of time. I also got unopened copies of Gothic 3, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, and FEAR:Extraction Point ready to go.
wow. just wow. There is going to be such a difference between your AGP rig and this. Wow. What video card do you have now? Wow.

Arioch
12-20-06, 01:34 AM
wow. just wow. There is going to be such a difference between your AGP rig and this. Wow. What video card do you have now? Wow.

Well I currently have a 7800GS running on an Opteron-based FX-53 system that I bought in the fall of 2004. I think I get about 3000 or so running 3DMark06 at the moment. I guess Christmas is going to come abouta month later for me.

Arioch
12-20-06, 02:49 AM
Fear the framerates. This is with a lot of texture upgrades installed and the Almost_Everything_VWD mod :

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2576/oblivionkh0.th.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=oblivionkh0.jpg)