PDA

View Full Version : 7 SERIES SLI VISTA

namuk
12-20-06, 11:02 AM
is there a driver out to run vista in sli for the gefore 7 series cards?

Princess_Frosty
12-20-06, 11:04 AM
Not that I've found.

The only possible driver is one of the old 8x.xx range for XP which some people claim works fully functional for Vista. Search the forums for it.

namuk
12-20-06, 11:05 AM
why is it not in the newer drivers?

Princess_Frosty
12-20-06, 12:47 PM
They're not finished yet, they're missing about 90% of all the "features"

The only reason the XP ones work is due to XP and Vista still being relativly similar OS's and Vista having a compatability mode for XP SP2.

Still I've not seen anyone confirm SLi in these drivers but people have losely claimed all the features work OK (except Aero theme is broken)

Slammin
12-20-06, 01:42 PM
I've never heard of anyone getting Sli to run under Vista. I've not even heard of a rumor that someone got it working, with any driver.

namuk
12-21-06, 06:52 PM
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1535

SLI ??????????

Slammin
12-21-06, 07:49 PM
LOL,

Those drivers are hard to die, as old as they are!

Nope, no Sli with those. The current latest is 97.46, and no Sli with these either.

Princess_Frosty
12-22-06, 06:38 AM
I've never heard of anyone getting Sli to run under Vista. I've not even heard of a rumor that someone got it working, with any driver.

I never said there was a rumour, as I explained, some people installed XP drivers in compatabilty mode and claimed everything worked except Windows Aero theme, how true that is or whether it enables SLi I don't know!

But it was never specifically excluded.

namuk
12-22-06, 06:57 AM
so how come no sli yet for 7 series? on vista bit silly as there saying vista ready.. or is it 90% ready

Slammin
12-22-06, 09:42 AM
I never said there was a rumour, as I explained, some people installed XP drivers in compatabilty mode and claimed everything worked except Windows Aero theme, how true that is or whether it enables SLi I don't know!

But it was never specifically excluded.

I didn't say you said it was a rumor. I said that I have never even heard of a rumor that Sli was working in Vista. Technically, you are implying there is a rumor since you say "people have losely claimed all the features work OK" but my post was in no way meant to contradict what you said, I was only pointing out what I know.

Do a google search - that's what I did, and you probably still won't find anyone even claiming to have Sli working in Vista.

Seems everyone is always trying to start stuff lately. :thumbdwn:

Princess_Frosty
12-22-06, 11:28 AM
I'm not trying to "start stuff", I'm simply clarifying my point.

As I mentioned several times, I cannot confirm it works. This is from what other people have said, and that was the XP drivers work fully except no areo, if they're listing exceptions and SLi isn't listed then by their own admission SLi is working.

It might be wrong, i don't know! I've not seen anyone specifically post that the XP drives definately don't support SLi in vista thats all.

einstein_314
12-22-06, 01:23 PM
so how come no sli yet for 7 series? on vista bit silly as there saying vista ready.. or is it 90% ready
Well there's no SLI for any series yet...give them time. If they don't have a driver out that supports SLI and all the missing features of the current drivers by the time Vista is out (end of January), then start complaining. Until then, be patient.

namuk
12-23-06, 05:36 AM
Well there's no SLI for any series yet...give them time. If they don't have a driver out that supports SLI and all the missing features of the current drivers by the time Vista is out (end of January), then start complaining. Until then, be patient.

ok mate .. just getting worred on that issue

Dazz
12-28-06, 09:38 AM
Well they are tight about it, crossfire has been demoed working but again none in the drivers so dual cards seem to be out of the question for the time being.

LBJM
12-29-06, 05:56 PM
I stopped doing SLI because Nvidia's support for SLI is flaky at best. I used nvidia SLI on the 6 and 7 series cards. With 3dfx you didn't need profiles, but of course everyone used glide back then.

Slammin
12-29-06, 07:03 PM
At this point, the only way I could see going non-Sli is to get an 8800GTX.

I have been extremely pleased with Sli, expecially since I've been messing with Vista for so long, and there is no Sli support with Vista yet.

I think I took Sli for granted since I'd been running it for so long, but once I got back to reality (a single 7800GTX with Vista), I realized that even though I had to deal with Sli profiles, which you 'actually' don't have to deal with but for top preformance, you should, Sli is definitely a winner.

Now, once I get my 8800GTX, Sli will take a back seat :-)