PDA

View Full Version : i realy should know this!!

mr_starfire
12-20-06, 04:47 PM
Right a for the past three years .I have been building budget pcs often costing as little as 10 pounds sometimes less.for freinds and family ive taken my microsoft a+ exam unfortunatly i was 3 points off a pass i tell u this because i recently baught an old p3 machine for 20 pounds running windows xp on closer inspection i noticed it had no agp slot but a curious very small brown slot where the agp would sitt. I have never seen this b4 so i did some research and found the only slot small enough would be pci express1x could u please tell me the lightlyhood of there being a pci 1x slot in an old p3 machine i will send in a pic if u cant tell just by my description thnx and sorry for the grammer and spelling

evilchris
12-20-06, 04:49 PM
CMR / AMR slot

Q
12-20-06, 04:53 PM
CMR / AMR slot

To add to this, its mostly for modems and a couple sound cards.

DarkJedi664
12-20-06, 04:56 PM
That's probably the last time I saw those, P3 era. They aren't used any longer, and I haven't seen ANY cards that use that slot. Man technology moves quickly...

mr_starfire
12-20-06, 04:59 PM
To add to this, its mostly for modems and a couple sound cards.

man ime gonna go cry now i hate normal pci graphix cards ive obviously gotta get 1 because i play counterstike allthough this might not seem to demanding it is when your onboard so called agp graphix only has 8 measly meg of vram to play with can anyone reccomend a reasonable pci card preff at least 64 mb at a low price by low i mean 20 pound or less

mr_starfire
12-20-06, 05:02 PM
the irony is tho ime gonna have to switch back to my p2 366 mhz 128 mb ram 16 mb video agp 4x voodoo 3 to play counterstrike mayb i should try spending a bit more aye lol thanx for the help guys