PDA

View Full Version : GTR 2 or GT Legends or ???

sillyeagle
12-20-06, 07:05 PM
I need a racing game, but I want the best one out there. I've been looking at GTR 2 or Legends. I've played the demos and that old V8 corvette sounds totally bad ass, but I'm afriad many of the other cars in that game would be kind of lame. The cars in GTR 2 are blazing fast and hold the road good, so that is a strong draw to that game, so I'm looking for aome opinions. Do the NFS games compare to either of these?

I was a fan of the first Grand Tourismo on PS1 back in the day and Porsche Unleashed, but since those I have not purchase any racing games.

OWA
12-20-06, 07:27 PM
GTR 2 was listed in the 10 ten games for the year. Check this link:

http://goty.gamespy.com/2006/pc/index3.html

It may help you decide if it's the type of game you're looking for also.

Roadhog
12-20-06, 07:32 PM
I need a racing game, but I want the best one out there. I've been looking at GTR 2 or Legends. I've played the demos and that old V8 corvette sounds totally bad ass, but I'm afriad many of the other cars in that game would be kind of lame. The cars in GTR 2 are blazing fast and hold the road good, so that is a strong draw to that game, so I'm looking for aome opinions. Do the NFS games compare to either of these?

I was a fan of the first Grand Tourismo on PS1 back in the day and Porsche Unleashed, but since those I have not purchase any racing games.

if you want the best physics go with Live For Speed..

www.liveforspeed.net

SlamDunk
12-20-06, 07:38 PM
Live for Speed (http://www.liveforspeed.net)

Update 0.5V is coming soon!

spoop
12-20-06, 07:39 PM
In addition, get LFS.

sillyeagle
12-20-06, 08:02 PM
Is LFS online only? I don't really do any online gaming.

ynnek
12-20-06, 08:18 PM
I'm not convinced that the models and methods LFS uses to simulate physics is necessarily better or worse than GTR. They definitely are different though. All of these are definitely simulators.

While NFS, GT, etc are more on the "arcade like" side of the scale.

When it comes down to it, its whatever you personally enjoy playing.

Roadhog
12-20-06, 08:19 PM
Is LFS online only? I don't really do any online gaming.

you can play single player.. but the AI is kind of retarded right now. But yeah, its probably the best physics you will EVER get from a racing sim. It has a deformable tire model :D

EDIT: You can try the demo...

StevePMo
12-20-06, 11:11 PM
Also, don't forget rFactor, very nice racing sim !! www.rfactor.net

OWA
12-20-06, 11:16 PM
GTR 2 was only $19.99 at Best Buy when I was there tonight. I have it and rFactor. I have the demo of LFS. There is a GTR 2 demo and LFS demo so try them out and see what you like best. Not sure about rFactor but it probably has a demo also.

StevePMo
12-20-06, 11:26 PM
yep, you can download the game, and it has limited content for the demo, two tracks i believe, and two cars, one being the BMW Sauber F1 !!

CaptNKILL
12-20-06, 11:44 PM
GTR2 is a great game.

My brother bought it a few months ago and it came with GT Legends in the box. I think it was only $20 or $30 too.

Roadhog
12-20-06, 11:56 PM
yep, you can download the game, and it has limited content for the demo, two tracks i believe, and two cars, one being the BMW Sauber F1 !!

LFS has the Sauber also :D

DCult
12-21-06, 04:59 AM

Link, please?:)

StevePMo
12-21-06, 06:45 AM
Link, please?:)
www.rfactor.net

Delbert
12-21-06, 06:50 AM
Never erally tried rFactor... but some of the pics in the screenshot thread look good.
Long time devotee to LFS... though i cannot keep up with some who race on it... they must spend hours/days/weeks homing the settings.
Just got GTR2, mainly because a friend of mine just got a Viper to go racing in the series next year. The graphics are good, but LFS beats it for car simulation... ( tyre wear/heat modelling is great ).

nekrosoft13
12-21-06, 07:26 AM
i really like GT Legends and GTR2, i had tried LFS or rfactor(don't remember which one) long time ago it was one of the first versions, for some reason i didn't like it, should i give both games a chance again?

agentkay
12-21-06, 02:15 PM
Honestly, all 3 or 4 games (GTR2, GTL, rFactor, LFS) offer something different and are worth to be purchased.

GTR2 - modern GT cars
GTL - classic cars
rFactor - tons of excellent mods
LFS - best physics and tire model/feedback hands down

Since GTR2, GTL, and rFactor are all based on the same engine, you can actually use tracks and cars in any of the three games. I personally canīt say which you should pick because I like them all the same (for different reasons), but I can definitly recommend them all. :)

saumilsingh
12-21-06, 03:30 PM
If offline racing is a priority then GTR2 and GTL are the only choices, the AI in LFS is very poorly implemented.

sillyeagle
12-21-06, 06:43 PM
Well I just picked up GTR 2 from Best Buy for $20, though it didn't come with Legends. When I was there a few days ago they didn't have it, so I guess I lucked out. Might order Legends from Walmart, they have it online for $20, but not in either store here.

OWA
12-21-06, 06:49 PM
It's definitely worth $20. :)

nekrosoft13
12-21-06, 07:02 PM
I bought GTR2 on release date from Fry Eletronics it was special bonus edition, I got DVD version of GTR2 and free GT Legends

now i have two GT Legends, if anyone is interested PM me