PDA

View Full Version : Save 4DRulers!

jAkUp
12-20-06, 07:12 PM
Investment. Games don't grow on trees, they are made by paying people to get things done. However, we are not greedy, and are willing to eat Ramen noodles the next 6 months and all live together under one roof if we have to, to realize our dreams and make a great game.

http://www.4drulers.com/news.html

GlowStick
12-20-06, 07:36 PM
Interesting read, their 'Gore' game was decent, they had a really smooth running engine that looked like unreal engine, but felt like quake based games. The multiplayer was decent, but the ad claimed it revolutionized the way deathmatch was played, but it was exactly the deathmatch we know and love.

However, the AMP II engine just looks and feels wrong, it has all of the modern features sure, but has no polish on it. While I do like small indie game developers, I just do not feel just because the game is free they will get players.

|MaguS|
12-20-06, 07:48 PM
I gag at the thought of saving a budget developer...

Mr. Hunt
12-20-06, 09:53 PM
Yeah... I was thinking about it for a second... then I realized they wanted to make BF2142 basically...

OWA
12-20-06, 10:13 PM
I don't know...more PC developers can't be a bad thing. Anyway, they're not asking for much.

HarpooN
12-21-06, 04:26 AM
First thing that came into my mind when reading the title was "4DBoxing" and "4D Stunt Driving" (nana2)

Those were the golden days... (lee63)

CaptNKILL
12-21-06, 07:52 AM
Man, I had a lot of fun with the Gore beta and the Gore demo. I feel really bad about never getting around to buying it now. Not that me spending $20 at EB would have made any difference in this, but still...

I'm actually considering giving them a donation. The more good PC developers we have, the better. If they already have $27,000 into it then obviously there is a lot of interest here.

I'll have to wait a bit though. I've spent a lot on christmas.

EDIT: Wow, I just read through that whole thread... they are up to $50,750. :eek:

Thats over $30k from outside "investors".

Honestly, I really hope this works. The ad program they are talking about sounds pretty damn good and doing it this way sounds far better than the usual "get pushed around by a publisher and then driven into the ground and fired" crap that seems to happen so often in the PC gaming industry.

Becoming
12-21-06, 09:40 AM
I gag at the thought of saving a budget developer...

People like you prevent games like Project Offset from getting beyond the idea stage. They also needed support at the beginning, and I'm not saying it's completely comparable (I'll know better when Offset finally releases) but I don't see a problem trying to help support people trying to make something they believe in.

If you don't like what they're doing that's fine, but please don't throw around "budget developer" as if it's a curse of some sort. Everyone starts somewhere, and huge budgets (and greedy publishers) are part of the problem limiting the kinds of games we get to play these days (and the state of buggy releases in most pc games as well).

I wish them luck.

agentkay
12-21-06, 02:36 PM
I have donated a little money to their paypal account. Itīs Christmas time and why not do a small good thing. :)