PDA

View Full Version : PS3's on shelves in San Diego, NOT selling

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

evilchris
12-21-06, 12:06 PM
Wal-Mart Santee: 3 60GB on the shelf, been there 2 days.

Target Lakeside: 8 60GB on the shelf, 4 20GB on the shelf

Target Santee: 2 60GB on the shelf, 1 20 GB on the shelf

I've been looking for Wii's all over town, they are impossible to find. PS3's seem to have much lower demand considering it's days before Christmas and unsold PS3's are on shelves at major retailers.

OWA
12-21-06, 12:16 PM
Dang, I wish I could find them in my area. I wonder if I can order them online from Target or Wal-Mart.

saturnotaku
12-21-06, 12:17 PM
Makes me that much more glad that I took the money on my PS3 and ran. The bottom has really dropped out on them.

OWA
12-21-06, 12:19 PM
Dang, even the $900+ and $1000+ bundle are sold out at Wal-Mart. That's just crazy.

evilchris
12-21-06, 12:20 PM
Dang, I wish I could find them in my area. I wonder if I can order them online from Target or Wal-Mart.

Better chance local than online, less competition.

Q
12-21-06, 12:20 PM
The display unit at the closest Wal-Mart has been frozen at the same screen since the release date.

We probably have a couple there. ;)

OWA
12-21-06, 12:26 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the closest Wal-Mart. My neighborhood is surrounded by Wal-Mart (Wal-Mart on Jefferson side and Wal-Mart on Victory). Are you saying one of those have some?

Marvel_us
12-21-06, 12:27 PM
My local Target had some this morning according to my neighbor. He got one and there were 3 left.

Imbroglio
12-21-06, 12:57 PM
saw a 20 and a 60 at the local target yesterday, saw more ppl looking for the wii and weren't even interested in the ps3

Zelda_fan
12-21-06, 01:29 PM
hmm, I thought the PS3 wasn't selling becasue it was out of stock? Looks like that was just more Sony shill BS.

evilchris
12-21-06, 01:29 PM
hmm, I thought the PS3 wasn't selling becasue it was out of stock? Looks like that was just more Sony shill BS.

It's definitely in stock. Very easy to buy here. I wish Wii's were the same story, was going to make a great gift.

Zelda_fan
12-21-06, 01:31 PM
It's definitely in stock. Very easy to buy here. I wish Wii's were the same story, was going to make a great gift.

I suppose after the 500,000 fanboy morons, no one else really wanted to spend $600 on a gimped console.

evilchris
12-21-06, 01:34 PM
I think the big problem with it is it brought nothing new to the table. I don't consider the BD drive a feature, it's useless for games.

The Wii is totally unique, so it has allure over an X360. The PS3 doesn't have any advantages over the 360 so is sort of a year late "me too" console.

Q
12-21-06, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the closest Wal-Mart. My neighborhood is surrounded by Wal-Mart (Wal-Mart on Jefferson side and Wal-Mart on Victory). Are you saying one of those have some?

WHAT!?!

You live just down the road from me? COOOOOOOOOL. (CNU Student) :D

The display at Victory has been frozen at the Motostorm screen since they put it up there. I thought that would have deterred some of the crazies from buying it up. I didn't actually check, persay.... :o

Marvel_us
12-21-06, 01:40 PM
I think the big problem with it is it brought nothing new to the table. I don't consider the BD drive a feature, it's useless for games.

I agree with this, especially about BD.

I didn't realize how much people don't know what BD or HD-DVD is. I was at work on Sunday and some co workers asked me questions about my PS3...I mentioned Blu-Ray and no one knew what Blu-Ray was....I was kinda shocked but realize the average person aren't in the know like us.

zoomy942
12-21-06, 01:43 PM
i love the fact that Sony cant get them to leave the shelf.

|MaguS|
12-21-06, 01:45 PM
I think the big problem with it is it brought nothing new to the table.

The PS3 doesn't have any advantages over the 360 so is sort of a year late "me too" console.

I do agree with you on this (HOLY ****!).

While I like my PS3, I would not recommend one to anyone right now. It really has NOTHING going for it. Sure in the future it will have but the same could be said with any console. Sony dropped the ball and let it bounce away... They need to shut up and start showing games... lots of them to regain the court.

My primary gaming as of recent

PS2/X360/PC/Wii/Gamecube/PS3

It's sad when I have invested more time in my Gamecube then my PS3. :(

Marvel_us
12-21-06, 01:51 PM
Started out at 144 apparently. Now down to 55.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10075271&catid=24376&logon=&langid=EN

EDIT: 35 remaining.

OWA
12-21-06, 01:52 PM
WHAT!?!

You live just down the road from me? COOOOOOOOOL. (CNU Student) :D

The display at Victory has been frozen at the Motostorm screen since they put it up there. I thought that would have deterred some of the crazies from buying it up. I didn't actually check, persay.... :o

Heh, I graduated from CNU...er, CNC...oh about...well, it's been a while. :)

I'm getting ready to go out checking again. I also didn't check Target b/c it's always difficult getting in and out of that area around Christmas but some others are mentioning seeing them there in other states so I guess it's worth a shot.

OWA
12-21-06, 01:55 PM
Started out at 144 apparently. Now down to 55.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10075271&catid=24376&logon=&langid=EN

EDIT: 35 remaining.
I was just trying to go through that after you posted the link and kept wondering why it kept saying ship anywhere in Canada. :( I didn't notice the .ca at first.

Marvel_us
12-21-06, 01:57 PM
I was just trying to go through that after you posted the link and kept wondering why it kept saying ship anywhere in Canada. :( I didn't notice the .ca at first.

Yea sorry man. I wrote, "hope owa sees this" but then I edited it. Didn't realize it was canada only.

OWA
12-21-06, 02:02 PM

The Wii is totally unique, so it has allure over an X360. The PS3 doesn't have any advantages over the 360 so is sort of a year late "me too" console.
Yeah, I also agree. For being so late they needed to provide a much better experience than what they have...especially graphically.

Thanks for trying Marvel_us. I tried checking the US best buy site but they said they're not offering them online while supplies are so limited or something to that effect.

S.I.N
12-21-06, 02:03 PM
I do agree with you on this (HOLY ****!).

While I like my PS3, I would not recommend one to anyone right now. It really has NOTHING going for it. Sure in the future it will have but the same could be said with any console. Sony dropped the ball and let it bounce away... They need to shut up and start showing games... lots of them to regain the court.

My primary gaming as of recent

PS2/X360/PC/Wii/Gamecube/PS3

It's sad when I have invested more time in my Gamecube then my PS3. :(

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/dfamas/2420514343-1.gifYour a sellout Magus.:(

|MaguS|
12-21-06, 02:04 PM
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/dfamas/2420514343-1.gifYour a sellout Magus.:(

No, Im a gamer...

Marvel_us
12-21-06, 02:10 PM

LOL! At least he's being honest.

It's different with me though. My PS3 gets a lot of usage and even more now since my neighbor has one(gonna **** on his ass in Resistance!:D ). Magus has a 360 and I don't really like FF that much so no PS2 use until God of War 2 for me!