PDA

View Full Version : Problem with accesing the nvidia controlpanel

Wegandi
12-21-06, 06:29 PM
Just bought the 8800 GTX. It works great in the games and gives nice power and fps. But i do have a problem wit the card. I cant from the desktop or any other place acces the nvidia control panel where u do all ur settings for the card.

Ive tried reinstalling with different drivers but with the same result. When i click on the desktop and select nvidias controlpanel the page that opens up is empty. Just plain emtpy:(

I have no idea what to do about this, please help me with this problem.

Weg

TonyM16
12-21-06, 08:16 PM
Just bought the 8800 GTX. It works great in the games and gives nice power and fps. But i do have a problem wit the card. I cant from the desktop or any other place acces the nvidia control panel where u do all ur settings for the card.

Ive tried reinstalling with different drivers but with the same result. When i click on the desktop and select nvidias controlpanel the page that opens up is empty. Just plain emtpy:(

I have no idea what to do about this, please help me with this problem.

Weg

Sounds like driver conflict, I assume that you didn't reinstall windows or even use driver cleaner pro after pulling out your old card an putting in the new one. Since the 8800 is so new it's drivers are radically different to anything else so you must ensure that there are no previous driver remnants left behind even if it was a Nvidia driver. Also make sure to use only 97.02 or 97.44 driver for now.

Perhaps cleaning out the registry and driver cleaner pro and then reinstalling the driver will solve this? If not then maybe a whole reinstall of windows. By the way your PC, it's not a dell or HP is it?

OWA
12-21-06, 09:08 PM
Hmm, I've seen a few mention that but haven't seen the resolution. Try searching the driver forum to see if they found a solution.

Wegandi
12-22-06, 03:37 AM
Thans for the info. It is a PC that i have. When i sintalled the 8800 i did asa i normally do when updating the drivers. That is to delete the old nvidia display drivers.

Where could i get that cleaner program ur talking about?

Thanks again

Weg