PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Extends Xbox 360 Warranty to One Year

LiquidX
12-22-06, 11:23 AM
Effective today (December 22), the one year warranty is now the standard for all Xbox 360 consoles. Customers that experience hardware issues with their Xbox 360 within one year of purchase will have their consoles repaired at no cost. Moreover, the new warranty policy is retroactive, so consumers that may have already paid for out-of-warranty Xbox 360 repair within one year of the console's purchase will be eligible for reimbursement of their console repair charges.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2006/1222-xbox360warrantyextended.htm

They should have done it way before the holiday but now many can buy with confidence which is good thing.

|MaguS|
12-22-06, 11:58 AM
How does this work with the Best Buy replacement 2 year warrenty? Does that mean my replacement warrenty is going to overlap with my now 1 year warrenty or will it be pushed back to meet when my 1 year ends?

Namrok
12-22-06, 12:16 PM
How does this work with the Best Buy replacement 2 year warrenty? Does that mean my replacement warrenty is going to overlap with my now 1 year warrenty or will it be pushed back to meet when my 1 year ends?

However you get screwed over worse, that is what Best Buy will do.

saturnotaku
12-22-06, 12:20 PM

It probably overlaps, but it doesn't overlap with much. BB's replacement plan is more of a joke than most that you can get at other resellers. IMO, Microsoft's warranty is the way to go. You may have to wait for service, but it's far less of a hassle than dealing with BB.

|MaguS|
12-22-06, 12:39 PM
It probably overlaps, but it doesn't overlap with much. BB's replacement plan is more of a joke than most that you can get at other resellers. IMO, Microsoft's warranty is the way to go. You may have to wait for service, but it's far less of a hassle than dealing with BB.

BB was great when I had to replace my TV.... I had better warrenty service through them then I did with MW on my original X360.

S.I.N
12-22-06, 04:04 PM
They sniffed a class action suit was coming and acted fast. Sony having a 1 year warranty I think helped also. I may now actually get one knowing that after the 90 days I wont be ****ed out of another $150 to fix it.

toxikneedle
12-22-06, 04:55 PM
That's not fair, I should get an extension on my 2 year warranty from MS. :-\

Lyme
12-22-06, 06:03 PM
The extension on the warranty also applies in canada too (thank god) http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/community/news/2006/1222-xbox360warrantyextended.htm