PDA

View Full Version : Is it a driver or game problem.

firthy
03-05-03, 04:34 PM
I have a problem with SOF2 with all of the latest 42./43. drivers on this game (I think)

Every time I load the game it is very dark and I have to change the Gamma settings to brighten it and If I save the changes I still have to adjust the Gamma next time around.

When I start the level on the ship, the fog and the sea is almost like a dull rainbow, different coloured lines about 1/2" deep and once inside the colours on the walls/bulkhead are pretty awful and blocky. The rest of the graphics are fine and the game runs really smoothly but background colours suck.

Is this a flaw in the game or something in the latest drivers or even a setting in the game/ drivers.

I have tried 43.00, 42.68 42.30 etc. and various settings in the drivers and game options but no difference. I run the game in 1280x1024, 32 bit, everything maxed.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions what I can try to cure it, is it worth going back to 20. or 30. series drivers.

Regards,

Firthy

digitalwanderer
03-05-03, 05:28 PM
You're using XP, right?

firthy
03-05-03, 06:22 PM
XP pro on a Ti4600. I've since tried the 31.40 drivers and still the same.

I've patched SOF2 to the latest 1.03 gold and it has cured the Gamma problem, I think that the rest is just cheesy graphics in the programming because 30/40 drivers, AA, Aniso etc. make no difference to the problem.

Regards,

Firthy