PDA

View Full Version : The Most Stable Platform

Mr Bigman
12-23-06, 06:25 PM
Ive seen many comments and complaints about verious chipsets and configurations, but from my experience it is good to use the chipset of the venders desire

Intel users should use intel chipsets for a perfect stable user experience.

Amd should use Nforce for a stable user experience.

There hasen't been a good solid plaform under the nforce for intel users.

Maybe this isn't true but wouldn't be for intel pentium d and controe users to use the latest intel chipets for stablility?

I used a 875 with my 478 p4 3.4 and it ran so well i had not one error in a windows session. but since i moved on to nforce for my intel cpu, i had some strange behaviors in windows sessions.

Same for AMD, they work very well under Nforce vs VIA or even ALI or SIS.

The Nforce 4 X16 is still a very good chipset and worked very well for AMD users but i seen the issues with intel users.

radekhulan
12-24-06, 04:25 AM
The only stable solution on the market was, is, and will be Intel CPU + Intel chipset. AMD has problems with its CPUs (too many dualcore fixes needed for them), nVidia with their nForce4/5/6 network cards and HDDs, ATi with USB, VIA and SiS with overall stability.

Stability = Intel only. (had too many problems with ****ty nForce4 boards and AMD; will never go back again)

crainger
12-24-06, 05:35 AM
Heh. Right now my PC in sig is more stable than my 360. Compatibility with the 8800 on the other hand.... Fog in HL2, Fog in PoP:T2T, SC: DA Spotty AA support.

Today my 360 hard locked while play Gears. Was after a checkpoint, so it wasn't a huge deal.

Toss3
12-24-06, 06:09 AM
Heh. Right now my PC in sig is more stable than my 360. Compatibility with the 8800 on the other hand.... Fog in HL2, Fog in PoP:T2T, SC: DA Spotty AA support.

Today my 360 hard locked while play Gears. Was after a checkpoint, so it wasn't a huge deal.
Hmm I haven't yet had any problems with my 360 and I've had it since day one. I guess I'm just lucky with all the problems going around... (snowman) Have you considered watercooling it? :D

malachi1313
12-24-06, 12:46 PM
BADAX2 FTW!!!

ViN86
12-24-06, 12:53 PM
BADAX2 FTW!!!
:wtf:

what?

Roadhog
12-24-06, 12:56 PM
BADAX2 FTW!!!

I actually agree with that. Intel Chipsets and Motherboards are rock solid. :D

Mr Bigman
12-24-06, 11:40 PM
They are, i had not one problem with them. If their was no pci-e, i would of kept my P4C800 Deluxe, it was rock solid with my 3.4EE. damn i should of kept that system.

Oh well, if its easy to get SLI working on 975x, than im going to intel chipsets.

SLi, think is on its way out anyway.

crainger
12-25-06, 06:51 AM
Hmm I haven't yet had any problems with my 360 and I've had it since day one. I guess I'm just lucky with all the problems going around... (snowman) Have you considered watercooling it? :D

LOL

It's been the only problem I've had. The game froze and the sound was looping.

We are right in the middle of a really hot summer though. Could explain it.

They are, i had not one problem with them. If their was no pci-e, i would of kept my P4C800 Deluxe, it was rock solid with my 3.4EE. damn i should of kept that system.

Oh well, if its easy to get SLI working on 975x, than im going to intel chipsets.

SLi, think is on its way out anyway.

SLi is pretty easy to get going on the 975x. But from what I hear you can't do G80 SLi.

I also think SLi i here to stay. Mightn't be so handy with current games, but give it 6 months and I might be adding a second 8800GTX to keep the eye candy up.