PDA

View Full Version : Do I ever stop getting these? Please Help

CDE_1246
12-23-06, 11:29 PM
I keep getting Blue Screens of death, I'd say about maybe 1-2 times a week, and it's really getting annoying and really pissing me off. I always get the usual
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA with the file name nv4_disp.dll, which indicates that it is nvidia drivers. After I restart my computer windows gives the usual error report and I submit it and it says it was caused by a device driver on the computer. Any suggestions on fixing this? Thanks.

BTW: I don't over clock , change RAM timings or any related.

retsam
12-24-06, 12:10 AM
have you tried to update the drivers and what version are you running. does this happen while gaming or does it happen when you sitting idle?

crainger
12-24-06, 12:11 AM
My sister is getting having the exact same problem. I gave her the 91.47 drivers (she was running the latest 93.xx I think) and a copy of DriverCleaner. I haven't heard anything back yet. Though she went from ATI to nvidia so that could be her problem...

CDE_1246
12-24-06, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys im using the 91.47 Drivers. It happens while gaming. I ran prime 95 when i had both of my sticks of ram in and it failed, then i ran it with one stick in and it ran fine, then swapped the other stick and still ran fine. I dont know whats with that. Thanks for reply.

crainger
12-24-06, 12:19 AM
What motherboard are you using?

CDE_1246
12-24-06, 12:21 AM
PC Chips M860 (I know I know) It's a pretty decent motherboard, but when i was building my computer, I was on a really tight budget.

crainger
12-24-06, 12:29 AM
Ah. My sister is using an Asrock. So it's not a motherboard issue. Let us know how you go with the memory.

When did you start getting the BSoD?

CDE_1246
12-24-06, 12:31 AM
Basically I was always getting them, but I reformatted and cleaned up my computer, stopped over clocking and stuff and it was fine, after i upgraded my monitor is when it started again, this is a weird issue. As for the memory, no problems with Prime 95 I'm gonna try putting both sticks back in and try it. Thanks alot

CDE_1246
12-24-06, 12:40 AM
Alright It's running now, It hasn't gotten an error yet, and by now it would have. I ran the CPU test already and that went fine so it's not my CPU.

CDE_1246
12-24-06, 12:48 AM
Alright well, no CPU or Memory problems, so I'm assuming that it's the Video Card Drivers that is causing the problem, also because it was listed in the Blue Screen of Death. Anyone who has suggestions on which version to use, please reply, thanks.

firehawk
12-24-06, 01:34 AM
my last pc had the same blue screens all the time.

it turned out to be bad ram, despite multible ram tests coming up with no errors.

retsam
12-24-06, 02:22 AM
Alright well, no CPU or Memory problems, so I'm assuming that it's the Video Card Drivers that is causing the problem, also because it was listed in the Blue Screen of Death. Anyone who has suggestions on which version to use, please reply, thanks.
have you run memtest with both sticks in at the same time...give that a try.

CDE_1246
12-24-06, 05:54 PM
Thanks, I have no floppy drive and I don't have a CD Burner, so I'm gonna have to burn memtest to a CD on my computer downstairs and run it. The only thing I have been using is Prime 95. It possibly might be RAM but it has a lifetime warranty so I'm not worried. Any other suggestions? Thanks for reply.

ViN86
12-24-06, 05:58 PM
Thanks guys im using the 91.47 Drivers. It happens while gaming. I ran prime 95 when i had both of my sticks of ram in and it failed, then i ran it with one stick in and it ran fine, then swapped the other stick and still ran fine. I dont know whats with that. Thanks for reply.
i used to get those with my old mobo. turned out to be memory errors cause by a faulty memory slot on my mobo :(

Thanks, I have no floppy drive and I don't have a CD Burner, so I'm gonna have to burn memtest to a CD on my computer downstairs and run it. The only thing I have been using is Prime 95. It possibly might be RAM but it has a lifetime warranty so I'm not worried. Any other suggestions? Thanks for reply.
yes test your ram, definitely. let it run through multiple times too.

crainger
12-24-06, 06:02 PM
Well in other news. My sister fixed her problems with DriverCleaner and the 91.47 drivers. Sorry I wasn't much help CDE_1246. Sounded like the same problem at first.

(xmassign)

Stoneyguy
12-24-06, 06:51 PM
Sounds very similar to what I experienced with my ASROCK Via chipset mobo. The difference is mine was an ATI dll error. Try the solution found on this website. (http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic15393.html)

I know it's for something totally different, but it doesn't hurt to try. Seeing your using a 7800GS, I assume you have an AGP slot so give this a try.

CDE_1246
12-26-06, 09:06 PM
Thanks Guys, Its alright, it's not ur fault, hmmm....... My new 7800gs is coming tomorrow, if I keep getting BSOD's I'm going to get a replacement for my ram. It definitely should stop after that so. Thanks for the help. If anyone else has suggestions please post. Thanks.

Stoneyguy
12-27-06, 12:30 AM
I hope so bud. I think it may be more of a Via chipset problem then anything, but I could be wrong.