PDA

View Full Version : Free Downloadable content for 360 this Chrimbo?

Peoples-Agent
12-24-06, 08:59 AM
There's been rumours about a free arcade game and other content for the 360 coming to Marketplace this year, any ideas what it might be?

I've just noticed that the car pack for NFS Carbon is currently free on there, wonder what else might pop up!

LurkerLito
12-24-06, 09:44 AM
IIRC something for Oblivion is free on Live now since the 22nd for a limited time.

SeriTonin
12-24-06, 04:05 PM
I read somewhere Epic was supposed to release "something" on Christmas for GOW, calling it "re-emergence day", but it seems to have been a great online pile of sh*t, cause I havent heard anything in the last few days.

Peoples-Agent
12-24-06, 04:15 PM
I heard the GOW stuff was due within a few weeks, so here's to waiting eh.

superklye
12-24-06, 05:14 PM
WTF is Chrimbo?

Peoples-Agent
12-24-06, 05:32 PM
1. Chrimbo

Shorter and less religious word for Christmas.

"What did you get me for chrimbo?"

superklye
12-24-06, 05:35 PM
Ah, yes, just what we need...another non-religious word for a RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY. :rolleyes2

Scunner
12-24-06, 06:48 PM
WTF has religion got to do with Christmas???

Gaco
12-24-06, 06:51 PM
(xmastong)

msxyz
12-25-06, 01:20 AM
I'm afraid nothing. Not anymore.

It has become just another lame excuse to spend some money in owrthless gifts. :mad:

Peoples-Agent
12-25-06, 02:49 AM
Ah, yes, just what we need...another non-religious word for a RELIGIOUS HOLIDAY. :rolleyes2

Perhaps..... but seems over here, Churches were busier last night than they have been for over 20 years and even I was tempted to go and pay my respects even as an apparent satanist. (mikec)

It's not all materialistic gloom, and one tradition worth fighting to preserve.

six_storm
12-25-06, 10:04 AM

Christmas

Duh! :D

S.I.N
12-25-06, 10:24 AM
There charging $2 for gamer pictures and you think there going to give you anything free?(xmassign)

Peoples-Agent
12-25-06, 10:53 AM
They got 500 MS points free in Australia and New Zealand, so why the hell not? lol

Scunner
12-26-06, 04:45 AM
Christmas

Duh! :D

:rolleyes:

BioHazZarD
12-26-06, 11:39 AM
Anything so far ? NO.

slick
12-26-06, 11:58 AM

Oh I don't know, just that the whole premise of Christmas is that it's JESUS'S BIRTHDAY.

Gaco
12-26-06, 12:03 PM
Anything so far ? NO.
Yeah it's a bit disappointing :(

UDawg
12-26-06, 12:31 PM
Is this a seroius question or sarcasm at what Christmas has become?

Tygerwoody
12-26-06, 12:42 PM
You mean there are losers out there that actually came up with their own holiday name for Christmas because they "don't believe in religion". :rofl

Lmao, what losers. I don't know whats sadder. The fact some loser came up with the name "Chrimbo" or the fact that people are actually using it. :lol:

Peoples-Agent
12-26-06, 03:30 PM
You mean there are losers out there that actually came up with their own holiday name for Christmas because they "don't believe in religion". :rofl

Lmao, what losers. I don't know whats sadder. The fact some loser came up with the name "Chrimbo" or the fact that people are actually using it. :lol:

Chrimbo is simply a shortened word for Christmas..... it really is that simple, like Xmas and such other words.

John Lennon used the word Crimble and there's been plenty more.

America has bastardised more English words than the World over, but people always get in a pissy when it come's to the magical "Christmas" word. LoL

Most people don't actually give a flying **** about the birth of Jesus, especially kids.... all they care about is what gifts they are getting, so to use the actual word of "Christ"mas seems defunct.

Now it's more an expression of capitalism in flourish, where when Religion seems to hold no ground... making a killing off of one it's festivities if you will.

Kinda like the reason Santa's hat is red, sponsored by Coca Cola all them years ago.

So keep on with your "LoserZ" attitude, such words and spinning of tradition are what keep you in pocket.

Tygerwoody
12-26-06, 03:39 PM
:rofl

I still think its amusing that you(anyone for that matter) are using "Chrimbo". Christmas is Christmas no matter what religion you are. Whether you are jewish, buhhdist, whatever. You know what Christmas is. This "Chrimbo" reminds me of those Emo kids who want to be "different" so that they can attention. Either way, I'd say its working for you.

Merry Chrimbo Everyone! :D

Peoples-Agent
12-26-06, 04:07 PM
:rofl

I still think its amusing that you(anyone for that matter) are using "Chrimbo". Christmas is Christmas no matter what religion you are. Whether you are jewish, buhhdist, whatever. You know what Christmas is. This "Chrimbo" reminds me of those Emo kids who want to be "different" so that they can attention. Either way, I'd say its working for you.

Merry Chrimbo Everyone! :D

WTF..... lol

People have been saying Chrimbo since before America existed, so try another one. lol

hordaktheman
12-26-06, 05:29 PM
WTF..... lol

People have been saying Chrimbo since before America existed, so try another one. lol
...not to mention celebrating it since way before Jesus' birth.

Carry on.

Imbroglio
12-26-06, 06:00 PM
i thought it was directed to me when i first read the thread title, i'm like WTF chrIMBRO?? i was thinking, who the hell is making fun of me now(xmasgrin)