PDA

View Full Version : Voltage problem on Mobo

Stoneyguy
12-24-06, 10:24 AM
I have recently purchased an Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe mobo. I'm having problems with the Vcore on it. It's showing lower then what it's set to be and fluctuates. This makes OCing it next to impossible.

I've checked to make sure that all energy saving options are off in the Bios. I've also tried both the 4 pin and 8 pin power plug options. Neither of these have solved my problem. Is there something else I could try, or do I just chalk this up as a faulty board and RMA it. Any help would be much appreciated since I really don't want to go through the hassle of RMAing it.

john19055
12-24-06, 11:28 AM
If you have not had it long and are able to take it back ,then I would return it and get the Evga 680i SLI,since it is the same price and it is a lot better overclockeing board,It would help to know what CPU you have and the rest of your spec's of your computer,even the new ASUS P5N-E SLI Socket T (LGA 775) NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard would be a great choice and it is just $139.99,but to answer your question there have been problems with the board as for as overclocking ,not the best board out for overclocking,it looks like it has a six phase voltage regulators on it and it should'nt fluxuate that much ,but as far as the bios showing a lower voltage then what you set it at ,a lot of boards do that ,even my Evga 680i SLI when I set it to 1.4v the Bios voltage monitor shows it at 1.34v,so I go by what the Bios monitors shows to how high I have the voltage set,so that is not a big deal ,just raise it some more to get the voltage you want ,as for as the fluxuation it should not be fluxuateing so bad that you can't get a stable overclock ,most boards fluxuate some but very little .I guess I have not helped you much other IMO if you are still able to return it for a refund then thats what I would do and get a 680i SLI board or the new 650i SLI board either would be a better board for overclocking ,and if it is too late then I would RMA it if the vcore is fluxuateing so bad you can'nt get a steady overclock because of it.

Stoneyguy
12-24-06, 11:47 AM
Thanks. The reason I got the Nforce 4 board is because I have 4 IDE drives. The 680i only supports 2.

I have an Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103941) PS. I have OCZ Platinum Rev 2 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227139) memory and am using one x1950 Pro. My CPU is a 6400 C2D.

Roadhog
12-24-06, 12:30 PM
the voltage droop is normal. Just set the voltage a little higher in the bios to compensate for it. :D

Stoneyguy
12-24-06, 06:07 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I should have made my situation more clear. I understand that you can expect some dip in voltage. What I am experiencing is not a small dip. Here is a pic to explain my situation better.

http://www.shadowcompany.ws/Images/misc/Vcore.JPG

Stoneyguy
12-25-06, 04:46 PM
oh well I guess I'll be sending this board back. Thanks to those that took the time to read my post and try to help.

Roadhog
12-25-06, 05:25 PM
EDIT: nevermind.