PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have to RMA a BFG product could you help please???

malachi1313
12-25-06, 12:07 AM
My BFG nforce 4 ultra motherboard bit the dust and was wondering if anyone could help me with there RMA procedure. I can't find anything on their website as far as a link. Do you have to call??

dvlk80
12-25-06, 12:16 AM
Just call 1-866-234-3499, and ask for the RMA department.

Digital_Trans
12-25-06, 12:31 AM
My BFG nforce 4 ultra motherboard bit the dust and was wondering if anyone could help me with there RMA procedure. I can't find anything on their website as far as a link. Do you have to call??

You must call BFG during normal business hours in order for an RMA to be prccessed successfully at 1-866-234-3499. The best time to reach the BFG RMA dept. would be on Tuesay 12/26/06 from 9:30 AM till 4:00 P.M. For the RMA dept. of BFG more less works banker hours.
They do not offer end-users to setup an RMA via online you must call them withthe time frames I gave you. Once you have an RMA...you may then start to track your RMA process by going to http://bfg.rmaform.com/status/index.php okay I'm sure this answers your simple question in detail! Good luck! (cheers) Note: BFG is by far one of the best companies around when it comes to processing an RMA. They are for the most part a diversified company unless they are under a new corporate structure. Keep an eye out!

malachi1313
12-25-06, 01:01 AM
Thank you and (xmassign) !!

ynnek
12-25-06, 03:01 AM
Well, I did two seperate RMA's at relative odd times.. 6PM PST and I think one at 9 PM.. The key is it be calm and pleasant to the person on the phone, and work with them, and you will get a RMA# and instructions to follow.

Basically, once they give you a RMA# and an address, all you have to do is pack in nicely and securely in box with padding (the original plastic casing and some newspaper in a bigger sturdy box works nicely) and throw in a quick cover letter to it.. They'll tell you exactly what you need.

They definitely will get my business again! :)

Digital_Trans
12-25-06, 11:54 AM
Also use track and confirm. This will make sure your defective item arrives and someone signed for it. In any business no one's your friend so treat it like that. Good luck again! (xmasgrin)

nekrosoft13
12-26-06, 07:55 AM
You must call BFG during normal business hours in order for an RMA to be prccessed successfully at 1-866-234-3499. The best time to reach the BFG RMA dept. would be on Tuesay 12/26/06 from 9:30 AM till 4:00 P.M. For the RMA dept. of BFG more less works banker hours.
They do not offer end-users to setup an RMA via online you must call them withthe time frames I gave you. Once you have an RMA...you may then start to track your RMA process by going to http://bfg.rmaform.com/status/index.php okay I'm sure this answers your simple question in detail! Good luck! (cheers) Note: BFG is by far one of the best companies around when it comes to processing an RMA. They are for the most part a diversified company unless they are under a new corporate structure. Keep an eye out!

i call that BS, i once set up RMA with BFG on friday around midnight, with out any problems

Digital_Trans
12-27-06, 02:24 AM
i call that BS, i once set up RMA with BFG on friday around midnight, with out any problems

Oh, do you now.... I no longer keep up with the current trend nor micro manage the RMA process with BFG. I've moved forward with EVGA products. It's great to see BFG setting up RMA's 24/7 Hell they should since their not the only card supplier on the planet and far from it. I remember 2 years ago I called them late at night to setup and RMA and "BFG" replied with Please call back in the morning during normal business hours to setup an RMA. To make matters worse...I called back to BFG the following business day and those complete morans couldn't grasp the idea that I had Qty. 2 defective BFG 7800 GTX 256MB-GDDR3 Graphics cards to setup for RMA. Yes, I told them over and over that I had Qty. 2 defective BFG 7800 GTX 256MB Graphics cards not one but two! So what did BFG do? They processed everything as if it was only one card not two cards as I told them prior before setting up the RMA. A week later I get one card back not two. I had to fight like hell to get my other card shipped to me from BFG. So there you go! Not BS but true facts! It's EVGA for me based on the following true facts.

1.) step up program which BFG doesn't offer.

2.) Lifetime warranty

3.) 24-Hr. Phone support.

jcrox
12-27-06, 06:53 PM
Hopefully BFG's RMA processing is a lot better than it used to be, I quit using BFG after my 5900 fiasco took almost 5 months. Out of all the computer parts I've RMA'd for either myself, a friend or family member BFG was by far the worst experience I ever had. Good Luck.

Digital_Trans
12-27-06, 11:37 PM
Hopefully BFG's RMA processing is a lot better than it used to be, I quit using BFG after my 5900 fiasco took almost 5 months. Out of all the computer parts I've RMA'd for either myself, a friend or family member BFG was by far the worst experience I ever had. Good Luck.

Exactly, actions speak more then words and BFG is the one who sucks all across the board on reviews for RMA processing. Consider their RMA dept. a group of warm bodies answering phones with not a damn clue on what their doing. BFG-Bad For Gamers! LMAO!