PDA

View Full Version : xbox360 freaks out and won't open tray

FearMeAll
12-25-06, 11:42 AM
Ok I bought an xbox like 2 weeks ago and I'm already having problems. Got gears of war, dead rising, gun, and NFS most wanted and they looked and played absolutely stunning on my 65"hdtv. I make sure the xbox has air circulation and it never feels hot but the cd tray is having trouble reading my discs and it is only with gears of war. I play the game for about 20 minutes now then it freezes and restarts. I can't get the dvd out of the tray because the xbox won't let me. It just takes me back to the menu and says that it's trying to remove the disc but it doesn't do anything and just restarts again and again and again.The box is not hot and I don't get any artifacts I think it is the cd tray. But it only does this with gears of war. the other games are fine for hours. Usually I have to wait a while then turn my xbox back on then it will finally eject the disc. What's going on? Is this some Live! Update I need to get because the gears of war dvd doesn't have a scratch. Do I need to get xbox live to correct this? I got this xbox since I was tired of pc's bugs but now I feel like I got another pc again.

LiquidX
12-25-06, 11:54 AM
I had a similar problem with Gears of War and so have a few others reading other boards. If this is only happening with Gears is it possible to return your copy and get a new one that maybe that fixes the problem? That worked for many. Gears I think killed my second system because it was the only game that crashed it and gave it graphical issues. I ended up getting another system and anew copy of the game and haven't had any problems since. I hope it works out for you.

Lfctony
12-25-06, 11:55 AM
Well, it could be fixed with a Live update, though I'm not too sure. Have you tried exchanging your GOW disk? Maybe the problem lies with the disk and not the drive...

FearMeAll
12-25-06, 12:02 PM
well if I can get the disk out of the drive again I'll put in another game and see how it works. I get no graphical artifacts but for the love of god why won't it just eject the disk when It goes from a cold boot. My friend I believe just beat gears of war with his copy I'm gonna probably borrow his and see if the same thing happens.
ok rebooted again and got the disc out. I'm not playing gears again till a live update or something. Right now I don't have an account.

Lfctony
12-25-06, 12:22 PM
Just get a Silver membership, it's the free one that allows updates and the downloading of demos etc.

FearMeAll
12-25-06, 08:14 PM
alright xbox restarts sometimes on its own. very strange. Just playing some demos too.

Lyme
12-25-06, 08:40 PM
You may want to reconsider where you have your 360 located, it needs alot of ventilation.. the power brick too.

S.I.N
12-25-06, 09:07 PM
You may want to give it its last rights and kiss it good bye.(santa2)

LycosV
12-26-06, 10:34 PM
Exchange it at the store. Any store will gladly swap out a new console for another of the exact same console if it's not working.

Ruined
12-26-06, 10:48 PM
Exchange the system ASAP.

FearMeAll
12-27-06, 06:42 AM
well it only reboots if the gears of war disc is in it. Even if I'm just playing a demo. As long as that particular disk is out I can play fine for hours. I think it is the disk. Dead rising and other games never reboot.

ENU291
12-27-06, 10:17 AM
I had a friend with a similar problem. He'd play Gears for a while and then all of a sudden get a "Can Not read Disk" error. He remedied this situation by exchanging the game for a new copy at his local EB Games. He's been playing Gears like a crackhead ever since! (xmasgrin)

FearMeAll
12-27-06, 05:07 PM
I had a friend with a similar problem. He'd play Gears for a while and then all of a sudden get a "Can Not read Disk" error. He remedied this situation by exchanging the game for a new copy at his local EB Games. He's been playing Gears like a crackhead ever since! (xmasgrin)
that's it then. Good. I was lovin my xbox. Xbox live is quite nice too. bu-bye pc.