PDA

View Full Version : A few new The Witcher screens

msxyz
12-25-06, 03:14 PM
xmas present from the developers...

http://www.thewitcher.com/gallery/screens/02a.jpg
That she-zombie looks good (xmastong)

http://www.thewitcher.com/gallery/screens/06a.jpg
Some characters are ugly but in a very... natural way. It's refreshing to see a game where men are overweight and not all the women looks like supermodels... (as visible in some screenshots reeleased around E3)

http://www.thewitcher.com/gallery/screens/05a.jpg

More at the official site: www.thewitcher.com

Roadhog
12-25-06, 03:45 PM
wow. :o that looks amazing. I love the clouds in the last pic. They look real!

CaptNKILL
12-25-06, 04:17 PM
Wow, theres children in this game?

That doesn't happen very often.

Graphics look great though.

raystorm
12-25-06, 04:33 PM
Looks great though I personally hope they give you a way to use a xbox 360 controller to control the character. Yea yea.. point and click is usually the way to go but after games like Titans Quest and stuff I had about enough of left clickers in games with only one playable character.

Graphics look great. I hope the performance is good on decent pc's.

Fuku2
12-25-06, 04:48 PM

I only hope we can kill them too! :captnkill:

nekrosoft13
12-25-06, 05:53 PM
Looks great though I personally hope they give you a way to use a xbox 360 controller to control the character. Yea yea.. point and click is usually the way to go but after games like Titans Quest and stuff I had about enough of left clickers in games with only one playable character.

Graphics look great. I hope the performance is good on decent pc's.

there won't be any gamepad support, that i can promise you, spoke with few people from the team.

ynnek
12-25-06, 07:24 PM
I only hope we can kill them too! :captnkill:

LMAO! In all seriousness though, I believe thats the problem for some reason.. A while ago I read an article about some game that had children you could kill.. and in the overseas version they had to take out the children.. I believe it might have been Fallout?

Isn't this the action RPG game that makes you time your clicks in battle? I'll have to play that first hand for final judgment on that..

Lets hope Atari doesn't rush this one.

|MaguS|
12-25-06, 07:28 PM
Game is looking great... another couple of years before its release... the development team is taking their sweet time with this game...

hirantha
12-25-06, 07:33 PM
wow the game looks outstanding, but its gonna be released in 2 years? well by then we might see better games.

nekrosoft13
12-25-06, 08:51 PM
Game is looking great... another couple of years before its release... the development team is taking their sweet time with this game...

last time i heard it supposed to be out in summer time.

you can't blame them really, first gmae they are making, good thing that they are being helped out by bioware, so quality standard for this game is quite high

SH0DAN
12-25-06, 09:12 PM

Graphics look great though.

Good points,and I really cant wait to get to play this !!!

SignorSalad
12-26-06, 12:44 PM
The selling point for Witcher that got me interested in this game is the branching nature of the choices you make and how they impact the game world. The choices you are presented with are supposedly never black and white pure good or pure evil, but rather a lot of varying of shades of gray which have a wide ripple affect to how the rest of the game plays out. And many choices that look good on the surface have a decidedly evil/negative impact later, and vice versa. A good comparison would be the choice in Saving Private Ryan where the 'good' decision to let the German in the MG nest live and go free wound up costing them so dearly at the end. Its been reported to be very ambitious and if they can live up to this it could be an incredible game. Of course it can also fall on its face if they aren't able to pull it off. I have high hopes that at the very least, they will make a game that has waay more depth than any other RPG of recent memory, no matter what the graphics look like.

ynnek
12-26-06, 01:08 PM
hey, can you climb that ladder on the side of that house? :)

I'm only half joking.. As in its a little annoying when you see objects that look nice, but you can't interact with.

That was the one thing I liked about Oblivion.. You could almost move everything in the room.. When the NPC's back was turned, "swipe!" there goes the silver fruit bowl, with all the fruit rolling off the table..

msxyz
12-26-06, 02:40 PM
When the NPC's back was turned, "swipe!" there goes the silver fruit bowl, with all the fruit rolling off the table..And yet the NPC continues to stare at the void or doing its pre-scheduled tasks :lol:

The Witcher is said to be a game full of shady situations and dubious morals. Heck, the last game that made me think about consequences of my actions was Fallout. (A shame now the franchise rests in the inept hands of Bethesda).

After that it has been a long list of shallow storylines on rails or silly black/white situations (Kotor, I'm looking at you...)

ynnek
12-26-06, 03:10 PM
And yet the NPC continues to stare at the void or doing its pre-scheduled tasks :lol:

The Witcher is said to be a game full of shady situations and dubious morals. Heck, the last game that made me think about consequences of my actions was Fallout. (A shame now the franchise rests in the inept hands of Bethesda).

After that it has been a long list of shallow storylines on rails or silly black/white situations (Kotor, I'm looking at you...)

Yea, I think thats where they got the name of the game.. Oblivious!