PDA

View Full Version : In case there was any doubt

Cotita
03-06-03, 02:19 AM
The Radeon 9800 totally annihilates everything else.

Oh yeah and nVidia will announce the nv31 and nv34, but who cares????

Evildeus
03-06-03, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Cotita

Oh yeah and nVidia will announce the nv31 and nv34, but who cares???? Against what? A GFFX @ 400/400 ? :rolleyes:

muzz
03-06-03, 02:26 AM
No against the card 90% of the population is going to be able to buy.
You know....

THE NON OVERCLOCKED ONE..

Why is it you guys just don't get it?
Do you HONESTLY think that that crazy fan and massive heatspreader are there for nothing?

Typedef Enum
03-06-03, 02:32 AM
That 400/400 FX _is_ the retail/shipping FX...

So, what's a site to do? Compare it to a product that won't see the light of day, outside of the preorders?

The bottom line is this...In a couple of weeks time...If I'm out-n-about, looking for a video card @ the local Best Buy...If things work out correctly, I will have a choice between the 400/400 FX and the new Radeon 9800 Pro (heck, I have much more faith that I will actually see the 9800 Pro than the FX at this point)...At no time am I going to see an FX Ultra on the retail shelf.

Kyle Bennett was over @ Rage3D not too long ago, and he said that he is NOT aware...let me repeat that...NOT aware of a single distributor that will be bringing out the Ultra into retail channels. I'm not all that crazy about the guy, but I concede the fact that he knows a lot of people, and has connections with those that know the real deal.

Evildeus
03-06-03, 02:59 AM
What about newegg? Oh yeah it's not a retail distributor :rolleyes: 2/3 days ago everyone talked of the non-preoder GFFX Ultra cards @ newegg. Selective memory?

tamattack
03-06-03, 03:02 AM
And Newegg sold out their allocation of maybe 5 cards how fast? Let's be realistic here. :rolleyes:

Evildeus
03-06-03, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by tamattack
And Newegg sold out their allocation of maybe 5 cards how fast? Let's be realistic here. :rolleyes:

So what? Do you know 1 distributor that don't go out of stock at the first shippings?

Then, there's 1 distributor selling GFFX Ultras, whatever you, Type or kyle say.

PS: If i had the money i would buy the 9800 pro, even if i'm a bit disappointed ;)

Hellbinder
03-06-03, 03:20 AM
Besides Evil..

The 9800pro STILL ANNIALATES the full GFFX Ultra. in both features and performance. unless you plan on buying one and playing with no IQ at 800x600.. wooohooo

(ok well not anialates, but soundly thrashes)

Hellbinder
03-06-03, 03:23 AM
Remember guys what you see today is not the final word on the 9800pro either.. There is another one comming in April ;)

{around}
400/450 DDR-II with 256mb ram.

Thats the big one. Thats the one i am waiting for. Becuase I know its a real product ;)

In the end i fully expect it to trade blows depending on the benchmark with the Nv35..

But who knows.. ATi may suprise me. They are not playng pattycake with Nvidia anymore.

muzz
03-06-03, 03:29 AM
I think we can all admit that the old patty cake days are over.....

Which BTW is good for BOTH camps.. and the rest of the graphics folks too.:D

tamattack
03-06-03, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Evildeus
Then, there's 1 distributor selling GFFX Ultras, whatever you, Type or kyle say.

Sure, but I think the point is that you can't go out and buy one now, and there's enough reasonable doubt as to whether or not you will ever be able to go out a buy one in the future.

Yes, I know that NV is sticking to their guns and saying that the Ultra has not been stillborn, but after the amount of BS (and that's putting it kindly) they've propogated over the past 3-6 months, it's difficult to take their claims at face value. Don't you agree?

Evildeus
03-06-03, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
Besides Evil..

The 9800pro STILL ANNIALATES the full GFFX Ultra. in both features and performance. unless you plan on buying one and playing with no IQ at 800x600.. wooohooo

(ok well not anialates, but soundly thrashes)
Well, that depends Hell on what games ;)

If i play SS2 or aquanox (:rolleyes: ) i would need to buy a GFFX, and if i play UT2003 a 9800 pro. And overall, i would still buy a 9800 pro.

I think it's the best card, in average giving 10% more performance over the GFFX Ultra (sure, i was hoping for 15-25% but well ;))

As for the next one, well, 499$ is out of question, knowing that in france it would be 600+ :( , but i'm willing to see this next beast :)

BTW, i've just looked @B3D preview, and found the 9800 pro @ 9700 frequencies a bit disapointing in games, hopefully, PS and VS are here :)

Evildeus
03-06-03, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by tamattack
Sure, but I think the point is that you can't go out and buy one now, and there's enough reasonable doubt as to whether or not you will ever be able to go out a buy one in the future.

Yes, I know that NV is sticking to their guns and saying that the Ultra has not been stillborn, but after the amount of BS (and that's putting it kindly) they've propogated over the past 3-6 months, it's difficult to take their claims at face value. Don't you agree?
Sure, Nvidia completly missed its GFFX launch. Even if there were plenty of cards available, i wouldn't buy one. Actually, i'lll surely upgrade my PC in mid 2004, as i don't need more right now.

Depending on my bank account, i'll see what i'll be able to buy @ that time (4GHz processor + NV40/45 or R400/450 sounds good :afro: :angel: )

Hanners
03-06-03, 08:14 AM
BTW, i've just looked @B3D preview, and found the 9800 pro @ 9700 frequencies a bit disapointing in games, hopefully, PS and VS are here :)

What were you expecting? Considering half the point of the R350 is the clock speed increase, I thought those numbers were very impressive.

vampireuk
03-06-03, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Cotita

Oh yeah and nVidia will announce the nv31 and nv34, but who cares????

What was the point to this thread? Do not post flaimbaits here.

And to everyone else, if someone posts something like this bite your tongue. There is no need to contribute towards someone wanting a flame war:)

Hanners
03-06-03, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk
And to everyone else, if someone posts something like this bite your tongue.

* Bites tongue *

:eek:

Ow! That hurt... I should sue... :mad:

;)

Captain Beige
03-06-03, 09:04 AM
If i play SS2 or aquanox (:rolleyes: ) i would need to buy a GFFX

aaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa lol yeah right, they're unlpayable on a 9800pro :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

digitalwanderer
03-06-03, 09:33 AM
"Mmmmmmm!", says the Dig thru tightly clenched teeth, "mmmmm mmm mmm, mmm MMMMM MMMMM!!!!!" :lol:

Hellbinder
03-06-03, 10:51 AM
If i play SS2 or aquanox ( ) i would need to buy a GFFX, and if i play UT2003 a 9800 pro. And overall, i would still buy a 9800 pro.

I think you need glasses....

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030306/radeon9800pro-16.html

9800pro wins...

Nvidia has so obviously found ways to cheat in their Drivers for Serious sam that its not even funny. but for those that dont care it wont matter to them.

You elaso left out all the other games (like all of them) where the 9800pro is ahead.

How convinient for you.

volt
03-06-03, 10:58 AM
Hellbinder,

Don't get me wrong, but your constant comments are really getting annoying and old. We KNOW how FX stacks up against R3x0. There is no need to beat the dead horse.

Thanks

Hellbinder
03-06-03, 12:38 PM
Sory Volt. Ill chill out ;)

My appologies.

Sazar
03-06-03, 12:42 PM

My appologies.

lol... that'll be the day...

honestly though volt... we all tell him to chill out... thats just teh way he is :)

I got used to it after the first 4 months lol...

j/k :D

Cotita
03-06-03, 12:56 PM
Things are looking very bad for nvidia.

Its not only that the Radeon 9800 is faster and has better IQ with AA/AF. It manages to do all that without dustbuster cooling.

Heck, the radeon 9800 may be availalble before the geforceFX ultra is out.

On the other hand the 9600/9200 doesn't look as exciting, but then again neither the nv34/nv31, so the real battle may be in the mid-range/low end sector.

volt
03-07-03, 02:26 AM

My appologies.

Appreciated :p

I know...it's the hype which makes people jump up and down :)