PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Printer

johnkeel105
12-26-06, 09:16 PM
Well I have been having to replace cartriges on my printer alot lately as I have been printing more. I am aware that I will also be starting college soon, so I need a printer that isnt going to eat up all my money. Do any of you have an idea of a printer that will not have a huge initial investment and not bleed me dry on ink cartriges? Any help or suggestions is appriciated. Thx!(cheers)

spoop
12-26-06, 10:34 PM
Howabout one of those little Samsung or HP laser printers for around $100?

john19055
12-27-06, 02:03 PM
H.P has quiet a few printer for under $100 and they some that are 4in 1 that even has a fax built in to them ,and some of them come with just two cartriges that last a long time or at least mine does,but they also have some that has 4 or 5 cartriges so that if just one runs out of ink it can be replace,Look at newegg they have quiet a few different brands under $100.

saturnotaku
12-27-06, 02:07 PM
I have to recommend HP as well. Their stuff has been very reliable in both mine and my family's experiences. My parents have an old Deskjet 612 that's still going strong. Same deal with the Laserjet we have at work. HP's cartridges may be more expensive to replace, but they last a really long time.

nV`andrew
12-27-06, 02:09 PM
i have a lexmark that i love dearly, but it eats up waaay too much ink. HP's are great, i have one in the other room, its one of those big office ones. its a beast. printers out uber fast, ink lasts forever. i dont really like hte hp software, but their printers are nice. installed one of those small laser ones for my aunt the other day, it was great as well, prints real nice.

so i say, HP

Stoneyguy
12-27-06, 04:10 PM
I find what's more important then the printer you buy is the settings you print at. Most of the printers I've gone through (alot) printed just fine in the fast/draft mode and saved alot of ink that way. You only really need a normal setting for non text papers like photos.