PDA

View Full Version : Need a good PC car game

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 08:35 AM
So I recently found out that Gran Turismo HD for PS3 was canceled. That basically cancels my entire PS3 purchase all together. The system doesn't even exist to me anymore.

I need a good PC car game. I own Flatout 2, but I beat it and now am bored to play it any longer. Its too un realistic, I want something less like an arcade game. I want the closest thing I can get to Gran Turismo possible. If there is anything out there, please let me know.

crainger
12-27-06, 08:37 AM
Two words. Wacky Wheels.
http://www.3drealms.com/wacky/

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 08:40 AM
Two words. Wacky Wheels.
http://www.3drealms.com/wacky/
I'm at work and the site is blocked. Can you post up some screenshots here and maybe a little bit of info about it?

Wacky wheels, sounds like a game completely opposite of realistic....

crainger
12-27-06, 08:43 AM

My entire routine right out the windows thanks to your work...

http://www.3drealms.com/wacky/images/ww1.gif

It was an old DOS game. The PC version of Mario Kart basically.

I recommend you quit your job, so in future I don't make an ass of myself.

YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS!

saturnotaku
12-27-06, 08:59 AM
Best thing I can suggest is a PS2 and Gran Turismo 3 and 4.

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 09:04 AM
Best thing I can suggest is a PS2 and Gran Turismo 3 and 4.
Already have them... kinda.

Only reason I bought PS2 was for Gran Turismo 3. The only game I ever bought until I got Gran Turismo 4. Those are the only two games I owned with it. A while ago I gave away my PS2 to my little brother. He gets way more use out of it than me. So now I am out a PS2. I need a good PC game. :(

Marvel_us
12-27-06, 09:07 AM
So I recently found out that Gran Turismo HD for PS3 was canceled. That basically cancels my entire PS3 purchase all together. The system doesn't even exist to me anymore.

What do you mean cancelled? I played it yesterday on my PS3....The version that makes you buy tracks, cars etc is gone but PD put a FREE version of it online for download. That version includes 10 cars and 1 track.

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 09:16 AM
What do you mean cancelled? I played it yesterday on my PS3....The version that makes you buy tracks, cars etc is gone but PD put a FREE version of it online for download. That version includes 10 cars and 1 track.
Only 10 cars and 1 track? Not interested. I want a full game.

Hell I wouldn't even mind buying tracks and cars. All I am going to be buying is a Mustang anyway. :p

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 09:28 AM
Live for Speed, GTR2 or rFactor. I love all of them :)
Never heard of any of them. Anyway you could post some screens of some of them? Which one has the best selection of cars? Any of them have mustangs? :)

Marvel_us
12-27-06, 09:30 AM
Only 10 cars and 1 track? Not interested. I want a full game.

Hell I wouldn't even mind buying tracks and cars. All I am going to be buying is a Mustang anyway. :p

Lol, if that's the case then I see why it's cancelled in your mind.(xmastong)

nekrosoft13
12-27-06, 09:37 AM
Never heard of any of them. Anyway you could post some screens of some of them? Which one has the best selection of cars? Any of them have mustangs? :)

GT Legends got old muscle car Mustang and Shelby.

GTR2 is modern racer.

Just wait a month for Test Drive Unlimieted, amazing, game, and its not a straight port, they are re-doing allot of the game for the better, and actually lisening to the beta testers.

Bman212121
12-27-06, 09:40 AM

I need a good PC car game. I own Flatout 2, but I beat it and now am bored to play it any longer. Its too un realistic, I want something less like an arcade game. I want the closest thing I can get to Gran Turismo possible. If there is anything out there, please let me know.

You do know that they are still releasing GT5 on the PS3 right? They just cancelled GT HD so they could focus on GT5.

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 09:49 AM
You do know that they are still releasing GT5 on the PS3 right? They just cancelled GT HD so they could focus on GT5.
You do know they are releasing GT5 in 2008 right?

Just wait a month for Test Drive Unlimieted, amazing, game, and its not a straight port, they are re-doing allot of the game for the better, and actually lisening to the beta testers.

Is it actually going to be good this time? Every Test Drive game I have ever played sucked really really bad. All of the cars handled like some crappy 1995 arcade game.

raystorm
12-27-06, 10:13 AM

oh really?? I've gotten very close to getting the 360 version but decided to wait until the pc version comes out so I can compare. Guess I'll continue to wait until the pc release for my final decision.

hirantha
12-27-06, 10:14 AM
dont you like Need for Speed most wanted? i think thats the best in the whole NFS series

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 10:32 AM
dont you like Need for Speed most wanted? i think thats the best in the whole NFS series
Yea, that was a pretty good game. Already played the hell out of it though. I haven't even touched Need For Speed Carbon. I hear it isn't good.

SlamDunk
12-27-06, 10:33 AM
What you need is --> Live for Speed (http://www.liveforspeed.net) :super:

Download the game (http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=downloads&which=full), it works as a demo (with very limited content). You can unlock the full content by purchasing a license (https://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=shop).

NOTE (if you go online with the demo): Usually the demo servers are full of jackasses/wreckers but the situation is the opposite on the licensed servers. People are helpful, polite and drive with good manners.

- - -

Gran Turismo 5 is coming to PS3...

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 10:33 AM
Yea, that was a pretty good game. Already played the hell out of it though. One complaint I have with it is the fact that no matter how fast you make your car, it doesn't matter. All they do is increase the speed of all other cars. I'm not looking to play a game that makes it pointless to get better cars/make your own car faster. It completely ruins the game. I haven't even touched Need For Speed Carbon. I hear it isn't good.

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 10:38 AM
does live for speed or rfactor have any cars that resemble mustangs? I know it sounds crazy, but they are the only cars I really care about driving(have owned 4 in RL so far). Suck it Ferrari

CaptNKILL
12-27-06, 10:39 AM
GTR 2 is an excellent game, as is GT Legends (though its all older cars)

Race Driver 3 is great.

Flatout 1 and 2 are two of the most fun (and I mean "woohoo this is freaking great!!!" fun) games I've ever played. If you havent played Flatout 2, there is a demo out and I highly highly recommend giving it a whirl. It isnt realistic at all but its a ton of fun... if you do get it though, start with all wheel drive trucks\cars then move up to rear wheel drives, it'll help to have that extra traction for a bunch of races while you are still learning the game.

nekrosoft13
12-27-06, 10:44 AM
oh really?? I've gotten very close to getting the 360 version but decided to wait until the pc version comes out so I can compare. Guess I'll continue to wait until the pc release for my final decision.

i'm running it at 1680x1050 at 8x AA and 16XAF with HDR, simply looks amazing. I also tried the game at 1920x1080 (1080p) even better!!

Roadhog
12-27-06, 11:24 AM
does live for speed or rfactor have any cars that resemble mustangs? I know it sounds crazy, but they are the only cars I really care about driving(have owned 4 in RL so far). Suck it Ferrari

Not really, but once you get LFS you wont care what the cars look like. You will be amazed by the physics. Also, online play in lfs is where its at. Plus, its only alpha and always in development so you get the great game as it is now, plus updates till the full version :D

ynnek
12-27-06, 11:41 AM
http://www.rscnet.org

Tygerwoody
12-27-06, 11:56 AM
Flatout 1 and 2 are two of the most fun (and I mean "woohoo this is freaking great!!!" fun) games I've ever played. If you havent played Flatout 2, there is a demo out and I highly highly recommend giving it a whirl. It isnt realistic at all but its a ton of fun... if you do get it though, start with all wheel drive trucks\cars then move up to rear wheel drives, it'll help to have that extra traction for a bunch of races while you are still learning the game.
I own Flatout 2. I agree. LOADS of fun. So much fun that I beat it... twice. :p

Tr1cK
12-27-06, 01:36 PM
I just got TDU for my 360. I would definetly say give it a go for the PC when it comes out.

Actually, I think the best racers this gen will be on the 360.

Test Drive Unlimited
Forza 2
Ridge Racer 6 has my interest as well
not to mention most available for the PC come on 360 also

The wireless forced feedback wheel is my next purchase. :)