PDA

View Full Version : Demo PS3 meant to freeze

Pages : [1] 2

Quickstar
12-27-06, 11:46 AM
This one cracks me up. Sony sure is hard to defend....

http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-kiosks-freezing-up-on-purpose--28860.phtml

"You make the entire console lock up on purpose because ... why?"

"We do that so that people won't play it all day long," he explained. "Specifically during Motorstorm, we made it freeze up a lot."

msxyz
12-27-06, 12:05 PM
:lol:

You know... all those breaking Xbox 360 are just a feature too. So Microsoft can see how loyal its fanbase is. Before the courier ships a new one, people have a whole week to decide to switch to the competition ;)

Marvel_us
12-27-06, 12:07 PM
:udawg:

S.I.N
12-27-06, 12:13 PM
Stupid and funny as **** but I doubt those clerks know what there talking about.

betterdan
12-27-06, 12:32 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/betterdan/sony_.gif

superklye
12-27-06, 12:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/betterdan/sony_.gif
:rofl

I couldn't have said it better. :D

|MaguS|
12-27-06, 01:12 PM
Because some retarded Stores Clerk said it then it automatically is in defense of Sony? Man... you guys do reach. The person who said this is just an idiot... The systems lock up because of the heat they generate in such a closed area.

Guess I should tell customers of Cingular that dropped calls are suppose to happen to keep you from talking to much, its a feature...

superklye
12-27-06, 01:16 PM
Guess I should tell customers of Cingular that dropped calls are suppose to happen to keep you from talking to much, its a feature...
That’s why Cingular rep told me when I called to complain about my phone. They also said missing calls and getting random voicemails four hours after I missed a call I have no record of is a feature; it’s “low-intrusion” service.

UDawg
12-27-06, 03:07 PM
Because some retarded Stores Clerk said it then it automatically is in defense of Sony? Man... you guys do reach. The person who said this is just an idiot... The systems lock up because of the heat they generate in such a closed area.

No, you reach while trying to defend Sony and it is funny. We are just making fun of Sony. Just roll with it. LMAO!

L2laugh

Bad_Boy
12-27-06, 03:15 PM
No, you reach while trying to defend Sony and it is funny. We are just making fun of Sony. Just roll with it. LMAO!

L2laugh
How is he reaching? IIRC The clerk said it. Not sony.

Gaco
12-27-06, 04:20 PM
Lol wtf :rofl

Comeon Magus lighten up.. that pic was funny you gotta admit :lol:

|MaguS|
12-27-06, 05:24 PM
That’s why Cingular rep told me when I called to complain about my phone. They also said missing calls and getting random voicemails four hours after I missed a call I have no record of is a feature; it’s “low-intrusion” service.

ROFL!

Did you get the Reps name? I will speak with him... always like talking to CSRs, they are so apologetic (sp?).

Gaco, I don't care for the Pic... I have seen it before...

rek075
12-27-06, 05:29 PM
Isn't this guy more than just a store clerk? It sounds like a Sony rep. is someone hired by Sony (ie. they are the voice of Sony) to represent them.

|MaguS|
12-27-06, 05:42 PM
The same EB Games is bustling with last minute shoppers; a child knocks over a World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade promotional display; frantic mothers blather on about games they can't remember the names of; and in the middle of it all I spotted a Sony PlayStation retail rep frantically cleaning off the very same kiosk I had mentioned earlier.

Sony doesn't send Reps to EBGames, Only to CC, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. I use to work for EBGames only Rep we ever had contact with was Nintendo and she was still "unofficial" since she worked for a marketing group that was hired by Nintendo... not someone hired directly from Nintendo.

But like superklye has pointed out, every company has an uninformed idiot who says whatever he wants (Kutagari anyone?).

superklye
12-28-06, 08:08 PM
ROFL!

Did you get the Reps name? I will speak with him... always like talking to CSRs, they are so apologetic (sp?).

Gaco, I don't care for the Pic... I have seen it before...
haha, no...I was kidding. I just wanted to see how you'd react. :D

I WAS having all those problems, though. But since I got my SLVR it's been cake.

|MaguS|
12-28-06, 08:17 PM
/shivers at the thought of ever owning a Motorola

Bman212121
12-28-06, 08:33 PM
This one cracks me up. Sony sure is hard to defend....

http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-3-kiosks-freezing-up-on-purpose--28860.phtml

So that's why it does that. :P

I thought it was just pre programmed to only crash when friends are over. Only game that ever gave me grief before was COD2, and it was really hot in the house. I just had some ppl over and it crashed 3 times between 3 different games. Makes for an interesting night...

superklye
12-28-06, 08:35 PM
/shivers at the thought of ever owning a Motorola
Heh. I haven't had good experiences with anything that isn't a Motorola.

Lyme
12-28-06, 08:39 PM
Went into one of the local EB games today and talked to the manager for a while, he was commenting on the really slow sales of PS3 units. They had six units arrive a day or two before Christmas, took until after boxing day to move them. He also was making fun of the extra special features Sony put in the PS3. Plus their demo unit was turned off.

Bman212121
12-28-06, 08:44 PM
Went into one of the local EB games today and talked to the manager for a while, he was commenting on the really slow sales of PS3 units. They had six units arrive a day or two before Christmas, took until after boxing day to move them. He also was making fun of the extra special features Sony put in the PS3. Plus their demo unit was turned off.

I think the only real reason why they aren't selling is the price. I know a lot of people who want one, but no one wants to spend $500 - $600 on it.

saturnotaku
12-28-06, 08:58 PM
I know a lot of people who want one, but no one wants to spend $500 - $600 on it.

It's all in perceived value of the product. People know the PlayStation brand as one related to gaming. There are very few games available right now, therefore there is little to no value in purchasing a PS3 in the minds of consumers. Sony's marketing/advertising people have done nothing to help this matter either. The commercials make absolutely no sense, not to mention the fact that they don't talk about the capabilities of the system at all. They do nothing to create a positive impression that the product is not only worth purchasing on its own merits but also for a price greater than the competition that has more depth and breadth in terms of games, accessories, and online capability. Word-of-mouth and Internet buzz about the Wii isn't doing anything to advance the PS3's cause either.

evilchris
12-28-06, 09:13 PM
How is he reaching? IIRC The clerk said it. Not sony.

God damn you're a fanboy

superklye
12-28-06, 09:54 PM
It's all in perceived value of the product. People know the PlayStation brand as one related to gaming. There are very few games available right now, therefore there is little to no value in purchasing a PS3 in the minds of consumers. Sony's marketing/advertising people have done nothing to help this matter either. The commercials make absolutely no sense, not to mention the fact that they don't talk about the capabilities of the system at all. They do nothing to create a positive impression that the product is not only worth purchasing on its own merits but also for a price greater than the competition that has more depth and breadth in terms of games, accessories, and online capability. Word-of-mouth and Internet buzz about the Wii isn't doing anything to advance the PS3's cause either.
This post brought to you by saline. Saline brought to you by Playstation 3.

Bad_Boy
12-28-06, 10:10 PM
God damn you're a fanboy
Did you even read the thing? :lol:

Heh. I haven't had good experiences with anything that isn't a Motorola.
funny, same for me. I had an LG a long while ago that had to get replaced like 3 times. My past 3 motorola's that I have treated like crap (dropped, thrown, scraped, etc...you name it) have all worked great for me. Havent switched since.

|MaguS|
12-28-06, 10:30 PM
Did you even read the thing? :lol:

Shush you Sony *****! Your such a *****...

As for my Motorola comment, I can't stand their products. From their BlueTooth devices to their phones. They are all made like crap, and the OS they use for their phones are poo aswell. The Java in it is too dam picky, makes coding for it a pain in the ass...

So glad Cingular never got the Q... didn't want to deal with all the bitching and moaning.