PDA

View Full Version : Fast reliable hard drive

Vanzagar
12-27-06, 01:54 PM
All my data is stored on 2 7200rpm SATA hd, so I would like to get a very fast, yet small but reliable boot drive.

Any recommendations on a SMALL, VERY FAST, RELIABLE hard drive...

Thanks,

rhuala

tacos4me
12-27-06, 02:50 PM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136054

Seems to be what you're describing. Can't go wrong with a raptor. (xmasmile)

Vanzagar
12-27-06, 03:15 PM
Thanks tacos4me,

Gonna do research on it, anyone have any URLs, comparing fast hard drives?

One customer comment on this drive kind of conerns me:

Cons: I can't rate this high. Come on guys, this thing sounds like a grinding death trap. Why would anyone want to listen to this thing chomp away every 500 milliseconds?

tacos4me
12-27-06, 03:35 PM
Thanks tacos4me,

Gonna do research on it, anyone have any URLs, comparing fast hard drives?

One customer comment on this drive kind of conerns me:

Cons: I can't rate this high. Come on guys, this thing sounds like a grinding death trap. Why would anyone want to listen to this thing chomp away every 500 milliseconds?

Most of the reviews are positive. There's always going to be thoes few people that end up with a dud drive that's really loud, and will end up dying after a few months.

With the 10K RPM, you will probably notice it's louder, depending on your case of course. But that's the price you pay for the boost in performance.

Vanzagar
12-27-06, 03:43 PM
Do you own this drive? What are your thoughts about it, is it much louder or is he just a complainer...

Thanks,

rhuala

tacos4me
12-27-06, 04:08 PM
I don't own it, no. I'm sure someone else on the board does though. If not this drive, one of the 74/150GB models. Anyone care to comment?

stevemedes
12-27-06, 06:48 PM
I have two of those drives in RAID0 that Monolyth here on these forums kindly provided me with :)

I can say that theyre not THAT much louder than my Seagate 250gb SATA drive. Im not a quiet PC freak so it is quite subjective.