PDA

View Full Version : what about new xp g80 drivers? when will I be able to play games?

Pages : [1] 2 3

hugos82
12-27-06, 02:01 PM
hi everybody.
it's my first post on this forum.
I would like to know when nvidia is going to release new drivers for my 8800 gtx.
there were rumours about some 97.60 or forceware x in the web. I've seen most of the biggest IT websites writing about the upcoming drivers. they were supposed to be released mid december. it's almost end of the year and I can't really play the games. i bought that card especially for call of juarez nad splinter cell DA. as it occured, the drivers i have - 97.44 are wrecked and causes lots of artifacts etc. i keep looking for any updates and i can see i'm not the only one dissapointed by nvidia's support in that term.
so once again, do you have (dear forumers) any reliable news when we will be able to use those powerful cards full speed, without unpredictible crashes?
to be honest i become encious and reallu starting to regread that "best buy:

be well (rudolf)

J-Mag
12-27-06, 02:17 PM
HAHAH! You bought the G80 just to play the two games that don't work well with it?!?

Anyway no offense but CoJ is technically not released and SC DA is pure crap from what I have read. I recommend playing some other games :p

JemyM
12-27-06, 02:26 PM
They are not the only games messed up on G8

J-Mag
12-27-06, 02:31 PM
They are not the only games messed up on G8

Well they are the most prominently spoken of titles that have issues... WHich other ones are you thinking of?

Anyway, I have played about 8 recent titles and few older ones... None of them have problems...

hugos82
12-27-06, 02:38 PM
no, it's not that i bought the card just for two games, but these are the two, i bought recently. and i thought they will be extra smooth with such a card- i was wrong- they don't even run correctly. now i know about the issues with different games and newst nvidia invention, that's why i can only assume the problems will be solved with new drivers... that is why i wanted to ask if you have any good info about new forceware....

fatal1ty
12-27-06, 02:42 PM
HAHAH! You bought the G80 just to play the two games that don't work well with it?!?

Anyway no offense but CoJ is technically not released and SC DA is pure crap from what I have read. I recommend playing some other games :p

What the are you talking about??

Game: Call of Juarez
Released: Sep 2006

I picked mine up from here awhile back - (just like I bought Just Cause this week for $14.90 from here)
http://www.gogamer.com/Call-of-Juarez-PC-Games_stcVVproductId5640239VVcatId444758VVviewprod .htm

Or you can even buy it online -
http://www.gamesplanet.com/campagne/promo.html?partenaire=9&jeu=CallOfJuarez

Are people around here retarded or something? I'm playing games and others are accusing them of being illegal. People should really check ship and pre-order dates cause the whole "accustation of using illegal software" thing has gotten out of hand. CoJ has been out for along time (sept 06)

CoJ actually plays great on my overclocked GTS.

JemyM
12-27-06, 02:45 PM
Well they are the most prominently spoken of titles that have issues... WHich other ones are you thinking of?

Anyway, I have played about 8 recent titles and few older ones... None of them have problems...

Did you miss this (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82074) thread?

I have personally ran into issues with Ubersoldier (graphic errors), Runaway 2 (system freeze with 8800gtx, verified by the developer) and the old game Sanitarium (messed up Smack animation, worked just fine with my 7900gtx).

Finally, Call of Juarez is out in several european countries, which is why lots of magazines written their reviews (http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages4/920897.asp) already.

J-Mag
12-27-06, 02:47 PM
Are people around here retarded or something? I'm playing games and others are accusing them of being illegal. People should really check ship and pre-order dates cause the whole "accustation of using illegal software" thing has gotten out of hand. CoJ has been out for along time (sept 06)

What are you talking about?!? No one ever mentioned illegal software...

J-Mag
12-27-06, 02:48 PM
Did you miss this (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=82074) thread?

I have personally ran into issues with Ubersoldier (graphic errors), Runaway 2 (system freeze with 8800gtx, verified by the developer) and the old game Sanitarium (messed up Smack animation, worked just fine with my 7900gtx).

No but I apparently don't miss craptacular games either ;)

particleman
12-27-06, 02:51 PM

There is a whole thread stickied of 8800 GTX/GTS game issues, I have reproduced most of those game issues myself in the games I own in that thread. The 8800 GTX has some of the worst launched drivers I have experienced in a long time. While it is somewhat expected considering DX9 has to be emulated in the unified shaders and there were bound to be issues, it doesn't make it excuseable. I also expected more issues to be fixed given it has been around 2 months since the launch. Most of the bugs that existed when the card was launched are still there.

JemyM
12-27-06, 02:52 PM

Appearently you miss alot.

hugos82
12-27-06, 03:00 PM
damn.

i asked about the drivers, and you guys keep talking about crappy games or illegal software.. what is this all about.

TO THE POINT PLEASE.......forceware? new? when?
(xmasgrin)

Henno
12-27-06, 03:11 PM
SC DA is pure crap from what I have read. I recommend playing some other games :p

Ok, in the future we'll ask you which game is crap and which game isn't. It will save Nvidia a lot of driver work because they can drop support for the games on your crap list. (xmastong)

nekrosoft13
12-27-06, 03:11 PM
when? how about when its done

hugos82
12-27-06, 03:18 PM
when? how about when its done

don't be sucha wise guy...:> i was hoping someone found an updated news about the upcoming drivers... if you have nothing to say regarding the thread topic, than save your comments for yourself.

SH0DAN
12-27-06, 03:26 PM

If you think Sanitaruim is crap you are a fool (xmasgrin)

fatal1ty
12-27-06, 03:39 PM
damn.

i asked about the drivers, and you guys keep talking about crappy games or illegal software.. what is this all about.

TO THE POINT PLEASE.......forceware? new? when?
(xmasgrin)

Cause J-Mag was implying CoJ wasn't out for sale yet, so you'd be using a pirated copy.

NaitoSan
12-27-06, 03:43 PM
we all don't know when forceware x is coming out. there are many threads about forceware x or driver for vista for g80. currently there's no vista driver for g80 and whatever is out now is the latest driver.

everyone is having problem with each games, so you're not only one. all g80 owners (including me) are patiently waiting for nvidia to release official driver that fixes many many problems (i hope). my good guess that we'll see new driver after new year.

maybe we'll get it earlier or in middle of jan or on the day vista is out in retail (30th of jan). do what i do now, play games on consoles. (xmasgrin)

fatal1ty
12-27-06, 03:45 PM
Most of us could care less about Forceware X, we just want Forceware worX.

NaitoSan
12-27-06, 03:48 PM
edit: i just realized im still half sleep. :P

fatal1ty
12-27-06, 03:51 PM
http://www.gogamer.com/Call-of-Juarez-PC-Games_stcVVproductId5640239VVcatId444758VVviewprod .htm
Gogamer.com has CoJ UK on sale (currently it's out of stock). You can import it. So how do you know he's using a pirated copy? (xmastong)

Dude you really need to read the whole thread - I was the one that came to his defense and later when he wasnt sure why the thread turned to illegal software and piracy - that was my reply...

Here was my post defending him
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1110859&postcount=6

Next time, please read the ENTIRE thread before getting involved. Thanks. (xmassign)

NaitoSan
12-27-06, 03:53 PM
Dude you really need to read the whole thread - I was the one that came to his defense and later when he wasnt sure why the thread turned to illegal software and piracy - that was my reply...

Here was my post defending him
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1110859&postcount=6

Next time, please read the ENTIRE thread before getting involved. Thanks. (xmassign)
i edited mine before i was able to refresh the thread. geez take it easy while im enjoying my coffee. (cheers)

fatal1ty
12-27-06, 03:54 PM
i edited mine before i was able to refresh the thread. geez take it easy while im enjoying my coffee. (cheers)

Ok - forgiven! (mikec)

Don Carnage
12-27-06, 04:07 PM
I need drivers for windows X64 that can run HL2 source games all of them will not run for me on my 8800GTS tried the drivers that came with it and 2 others that I found, but none will run HL2 or DOD source and CSS source... and also Farcry 64bit wont fire up either ...

F_L_C
12-27-06, 04:55 PM
Fk G80. Fk Vista. When the fk are they gonna release a driver for the rest of us where CoolBits works again? How about one where video and tv settings in the new CP actually stick?