PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 or PS3....which one?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DiscipleDOC
12-28-06, 01:10 PM
Let's keep this debate civil please. I'm about to get one, and I would like to know the advantages of one or the other.

Tanith
12-28-06, 01:12 PM
Xbox360 have games, the ps3 doesnt (xmasgrin)... seriously (have both)

Bad_Boy
12-28-06, 01:13 PM
Depends on the games you want/like really.

Marvel_us
12-28-06, 01:15 PM
Depends on the type of game/games that you like. If a certain franchise that you like is on a certain system then get that one.

If not then the 360 has more games as of today. Of course the PS3's library will continue to grow fast as well.

|MaguS|
12-28-06, 01:17 PM
I would recommend the X360 current due to its library being more mature but in the future the PS3 is going to have some amazing titles, right now it really only has a single must play title.

Tyr-Sog
12-28-06, 01:20 PM
Currently a 360. A year from now, I guess it depends which one carries more titles you enjoy.

I'll have to admit though, I really don't care for how Sony went about forcing the BluRay format on it's fan base and the over all way they do business. That alone I'd love to see it fail although I'd feel bad for the people who dropped their hard earned money on the system. Been burned to many times by sega to not know the feeling.

|MaguS|
12-28-06, 01:24 PM
How would PS3 owners get burned? Im hoping more PS3 owners purchased the system for games first and as a Blu-Ray player second... Even with Blu-Ray failing as a movie format its a great format for game media... no multiple discs, multiregion support on consoles finally...

Marvel_us
12-28-06, 01:26 PM
How would PS3 owners get burned? Im hoping more PS3 owners purchased the system for games first and as a Blu-Ray player second... Even with Blu-Ray failing as a movie format its a great format for game media... no multiple discs, multiregion support on consoles finally...

On all my PS3 surveys I make sure to not check the Blu-Ray options.

zoomy942
12-28-06, 01:26 PM
what tha hell, no button for the Wii? :) :)

DiscipleDOC
12-28-06, 01:41 PM
what tha hell, no button for the Wii? :) :)
Hehe....

I like sporting games and action games (to answer the ??? that some had)...

saturnotaku
12-28-06, 01:41 PM
First off, I wouldn't even think about the 20 GB PS3 (well, I wouldn't think about any PS3 at the moment :p ). As far as comparing the 60 GB PS3 to the 360 Premium, the PS3 does have a couple advantages. The larger storage space is nice, as is the built-in wireless and better backwards compatibility with the PS1 and PS2. On the flipside, there is exactly one PS3 game worth playing that you can't also get on the 360.

The 360 is cheaper and you can get it bundled with a game now in many cases. I think the controller has a better, more comfortable design. You can hook it up to a PC monitor with the VGA connection. Live is a better online service than what the PS3 offers, though you have to pay for anything beyond basic access. This is all not to mention the most important thing--the games. If you want something now, you want to play the most stuff now, and the 360 is where it's at.

Namrok
12-28-06, 01:43 PM
I'd have to say 360. Largely because I own one, and not a PS3. I can only say I'm thoroughly satisfied with my 360. It has tons of great games, Condemned, Oblivion, Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Project Gotham Racing 3. It has a lot of great arcade titles too like Mutant Storm (or Geometry Wars), Robo Blitz, Lumines Live! and Cloning Clyde. The HD DVD addon is great if you are into that. I've really come to love the achievements, and I actually feel a little disappointed that I don't get to show off what I've done in other games now like Elite Beat Agents, Excite Truck or Guitar Hero. Sort of makes the medals or ratings you earn seem hollow with no good way to show them off :p

BioHazZarD
12-28-06, 02:08 PM
Easy 360 it has the games and just as good graphics capabilities as the ps3 has + you dont need to buy an 1080 tv to fully enjoy its graphics.

Toss3
12-28-06, 02:14 PM
Freaking laptop! I voted for the ps3, which was a mistake. It should have been Xbox360 of course! The game library alone should make you buy it, but if it leaves you unsure then think about the cheap hd-dvd addon wich really is the icing on the cake. As it stands right now the ps3 doesn't really have anything going for it, so xbox360>>ps3. (santa2)

Marvel_us
12-28-06, 02:14 PM
Easy 360 it has the games and just as good graphics capabilities as the ps3 has + you dont need to buy an 1080 tv to fully enjoy its graphics.

Why would you need to buy a 1080p TV to enjoy PS3's graphics?

Xav
12-28-06, 03:05 PM
My vote was 360 simply for the game library. Sounds like with the games you like to play then it's the best fit.

zoomy942
12-28-06, 03:07 PM
i still think you should get a wii

Lyme
12-28-06, 03:20 PM
The only exclusive games for the ps3 are really Resistance and Motorstorm, so if you really want to play them then that is the right choice.
Otherwise:
-Almost every other game is sold for another system.
-As well the PS3 unfortunately has lost nearly all their formerly announced exclusive titles.
-No friends list across games on the PS3.
-In the USA XBL has downloadable tv and movies.
-It is EASY to find a 360 everywhere, the PS3 is sometimes touch and go.
-PS3 has upscaling issues with some tvs

However as sales numbers are, the system with the best price point is the Wii and people are loving the games.

Marvel_us
12-28-06, 03:26 PM
The only exclusive games for the ps3 are really Resistance and Motorstorm, so if you really want to play them then that is the right choice.
Otherwise:
-Almost every other game is sold for another system.
-As well the PS3 unfortunately has lost nearly all their formerly announced exclusive titles.
-No friends list across games on the PS3.
-In the USA XBL has downloadable tv and movies.
-It is EASY to find a 360 everywhere, the PS3 is sometimes touch and go.
-PS3 has upscaling issues with some tvs

However as sales numbers are, the system with the best price point is the Wii and people are loving the games.

I guess I won't buy Heavenly Sword and F1 when they come out early next. Those are only for early next year as well.

Lyme
12-28-06, 08:34 PM
I guess I won't buy Heavenly Sword and F1 when they come out early next. Those are only for early next year as well.

Rrrrrrriiiiigggggghhhhhtttttt, buy a console based upon what will ship in the future.. You know I'm going to buy DNF-Forever too.

Peoples-Agent
12-28-06, 09:23 PM
The PS3 has shown nothing over the 360 in any aspect that interests me.
It simply has no games, and the price tag is money wasted when I could simply put it towards bolstering my 360 games collection. Atleast the Wii is cheap and cheerful, i'd get one if I had kids.... but the PS3 doesn't seem to know what audience it appeals to.

The 360 seems more suited to my age range in terms of the games, the frequent release of good titles is astounding also. Every month you get like 2 or 3 really decent games that never fail to impress, Xbox Live has actually made life more pleasurable and given me a better online experience for the fact that UK ISP providers tend to offer pretty poor upload speeds, but with a 1MB upload I can still host game servers, and play ..and even get people from abroad join and have a good game with little to no lag.

360 ....no doubt about it.

Bad_Boy
12-28-06, 10:22 PM
Rrrrrrriiiiigggggghhhhhtttttt, buy a console based upon what will ship in the future.. You know I'm going to buy DNF-Forever too.
That is some pretty bad logic you got there buddy. Using that thinking, 360 launch owners didnt buy the console for future games either. I guess they all bought it for kameo and PDZ and that was it for their 360s. Right? :rolleyes:

Whats worse is that you tried to compare heavenly sword and F1 to DNF.

Ruined
12-28-06, 10:52 PM
XBOX 360
-Graphics are same or better than PS3 on every game thus far
-Cheaper
-You get to customize what hardware upgrades you want to buy (if any) and when you want to buy them (if ever)
-Far, far, far, better game selection right now
-Most future games are going to both platforms
-Better online service
-Better "quick fix" games (Live Arcade)
-Achievements on every game
-Scaling works better (pick a HD resolution and you are done with all games upscaled to it, no hassles as with PS3)
-HD DVD > Blu-Ray - and you have the option of buying HD DVD with X360, you arent forced into buying it like Blu-Ray and PS3

evilchris
12-28-06, 10:59 PM
That is some pretty bad logic you got there buddy. Using that thinking, 360 launch owners didnt buy the console for future games either. I guess they all bought it for kameo and PDZ and that was it for their 360s. Right? :rolleyes:

Whats worse is that you tried to compare heavenly sword and F1 to DNF.

It's plainly apparent you don't know **** about the 360 if you think Kameo and PDZ were the only "good" launch games. PDZ was a piece of **** IMO.

One big thing for the 360 was it was the *first*, yes *first* HD console. Xbox1 one had sporadic HD support but I don't really consider them. I bought it to try out HD games on my HDTV. PS3 is a year late to that party.

UDawg
12-28-06, 11:27 PM
I would recommend the X360 current due to its library being more mature but in the future the PS3 is going to have some amazing titles, right now it really only has a single must play title.
But teh PS3 is backwards compatible, look.

http://almighty.c64.org/images/frogger.gif