PDA

View Full Version : How late can you order from newegg for your order to go through?

Pages : [1] 2

Uberpwnage
12-28-06, 05:54 PM
Hey, I'm probably going to order my 8800GTX tonight, but I cant right at the moment. I'm on the east coast, and I was wondering how late can I order from newegg if I want my order to go through tonight? Planning on getting Fedex overnight shipping so that the card will get here on tuesday. I didnt know what timezone they're in, or if it matters.

hirantha
12-28-06, 06:00 PM
Itís going to take them a day to process the order so from there the speed of arrival depends on the shipping method you fancy.

DarkJedi664
12-28-06, 06:04 PM
They say you can order whenever and get it processed. But I honestly think it's 4pm PST as that's when most people go home; might be 5 though.

Uberpwnage
12-28-06, 06:05 PM
:( lol, kinda ironic that overnighting something means that it will get here 5 days from now at best. Bad timing on my part i guess.

DarkJedi664
12-28-06, 06:08 PM
I will tell you one thing, NEVER, EVER buy something from Newegg on Thursday night; as they process it Friday, and ship it out the same day. So you'll get it Monday. But since Monday is a holiday; you'll get it Tuesday.

ONER
12-28-06, 06:51 PM
I will tell you one thing, NEVER, EVER buy something from Newegg on Thursday night; as they process it Friday, and ship it out the same day. So you'll get it Monday. But since Monday is a holiday; you'll get it Tuesday.

Yup. It looks like I'll be getting what I ordered, until Tuesday. :(

Uberpwnage
12-28-06, 09:29 PM
Well I ordered it about an hour ago. Won't get here until Tuesday but at least its coming. The suspense is well you know...

DarkJedi664
12-28-06, 09:37 PM
What sucks is, they're based out of California; and a good majority of their items come from California; and even UPS ground shipping is like overnight. However some items get shipped from New Jersey; so I takes quite a while longer especially for ground. It's almost better to pay for overnight delivery.

ynnek
12-28-06, 10:48 PM
I just ordered a surge protector and a 23 foot dvi cord, and it shipped from Canada?

ONER
12-28-06, 11:19 PM
Well it turns out that I got UPS NextDayAir on my order. That means that it will ship out tommorow and I will get it on Saturday. UPS does deliver NextDayAir on Saturdays. :)

Uberpwnage
12-28-06, 11:39 PM
Well it turns out that I got UPS NextDayAir on my order. That means that it will ship out tommorow and I will get it on Saturday. UPS does deliver NextDayAir on Saturdays. :)

OMG are you serious!?!?!1 I got FedEx standard overnight :(

ONER
12-29-06, 12:04 AM
Yup. I'm so excited. Here it is:

-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe
-eVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
-eVGA GeForce 8800GTX (one for right now)
-CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
- SILVERSTONE ST85ZF ATX12V/ EPS12V 850W Power Supply
-Thermalright Ultra-120 CPU Cooling Heatsink
-(2)Thermaltake A2018 120mm Blue LED Fans
-(2)Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150
-Western Digital Caviar SE16 3200GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150
-Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
-PLEXTOR 18X DVDĪR DVD Burner
-Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
-Saitek Eclipse II Keyboard
-COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Case

Uberpwnage
12-29-06, 12:10 AM
You really helped ease my pain lol. Nice rig, looks fairly similar to what mine will be in February.

Rayman1968
12-29-06, 12:20 AM
UPS does deliver NextDayAir on Saturdays.

Saturday delivery is an extra charge. Did you request it? If not, Next Day Air arrives the next business day (Monday).

ONER
12-29-06, 12:38 AM
Well I selected 'UPS Next Day Saver', and nowhere did it show a selection for an extra charge for Saturday Delivery. So I think if it goes out tommorow, then it will be in the hands of UPS. Look, http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/sat_delivery.html

Rayman1968
12-29-06, 12:48 AM
Look at this page (http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/value_added/index.html).

I'm pretty sure you won't get it on Saturday, but you can check your tracking number tomorrow and see what the estimated delivery date is.

ONER
12-29-06, 01:05 AM
Well I'll give NewEgg a call early tommorow and see if they can add the Saturday charge, if not oh well. Thanks for the heads up.(snowman)

Uberpwnage
12-29-06, 02:49 AM
I see this is your PCI-E upgrade ONER, gonna be a big difference in performance for me, but for you its gonna be HUGE, glad to see you didnt go with an X1950 Pro AGP lol. 8800GTX FTW (xmasgrin)

DarkJedi664
12-29-06, 07:28 AM
NewEgg does NOT do Saturday deliveries; they even say so on their site. So whatever you think, you are wrong.

From their site:

IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION
All orders require 1-2 business days of processing time prior to shipping.
FedEx Express Saver - Delivery within 3 business days.
FedEx 2nd Day - Delivery within 2 business days.
FedEx Standard Overnight - Delivery in 1 business day.
UPS Guaranteed 3 Day Service - Delivery within 3 business days.
UPS 2nd Day - Delivery within 2 business days.
UPS Next Day Saver - Delivery in 1 business day.
Orders shipping via UPS Guaranteed 3 Day Service may ship via UPS Ground if UPS can guarantee a ground delivery to your shipping address in 3 or fewer days.
AIT Front Door Delivery, In Home Delivery and White Glove Service - Delivery within 3 to 5 business days. AIT delivery is not available for Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico.
USPS, Media Mail - Delivery within 2 to 9 business days. (DVD purchases only)
APO/FPO orders welcome! Delivery will take approximately 2 to 6 weeks. Due to military APO/FPO box size, 19" and larger monitors cannot be shipped via this method. DVD's also can't be shipped via this method. Please remove these items from your shopping cart before proceeding.
FedEx ships to Hawaii and Alaska via FedEx 2Day only and cannot provide an exact delivery time. If you've selected any other FedEx shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Hawaii or Alaska, your shipping method will default to FedEx 2Day and you will be charged accordingly.
FedEx ships to Puerto Rico via FedEx International Economy only. If you've selected any other FedEx shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Puerto Rico, your shipping method will default to FedEx International Economy and you will be charged accordingly.
UPS ships to Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico via UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day and UPS Next Day Saver only. If you've selected any other UPS shipping method prior to choosing a shipping address in Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico, your shipping method will default to the cheapest available UPS shipping method and you will be charged accordingly.
All orders shipped to Puerto Rico via FedEx and USPS will be subject to a 6.6% excise tax for pre-customs clearance. For all orders shipped to Puerto Rico via UPS, the 6.6% excise tax will be collected from the customer directly for customs clearance.
Newegg.com does not process orders during the weekend.
No deliveries will be made on Saturday or Sunday.
Newegg.com does not guarantee same day shipping.
Newegg.com does not offer International/Canadian shipping options at this time.
All orders shipped to addresses in CA, TN or NJ will be charged the appropriate state sales tax.

ONER
12-29-06, 10:20 AM
Ohh well. I guess I'll just have to wait. :cry:

Uberpwnage
12-29-06, 11:27 AM
I haven't received any emails from Newegg, this kinda has be a little worried. All I can say is it better get here on Tuesday, I payed $24 for shipping!

ONER
12-29-06, 11:35 AM
Yeah, most likely we will get emails from them today. Until then.

DarkJedi664
12-29-06, 12:21 PM
Here's something funny about NewEgg; you wont get ANY e-mails from them on when it's shipped UNTIL around 8 or 9 o'clock PST; then about 11 or 12, you get an invoice e-mail. Don't ask me why they do this, but for some odd reason, it happens EVERY time. They typically have a tracking number around 1 or 2pm PST; but FedEX or UPS never really updates until night time. You package will be shipped today; and you WILL get it on Tuesday. If they fail to deliver it on Tuesday; you will only be refunded the difference of overnight, and 2day; not the full shipping cost.

ONER
12-29-06, 12:24 PM
Thanks Jedi.(xmasmile)

DarkJedi664
12-29-06, 12:30 PM
Not a problem. I found this out the hard way. I too was waiting for the e-mail to be sent to me; but it never arrived until night time. So I decided to go on NewEgg's site, under the order status. I saw that it shipped, but no tracking number. Then about 3 or 4'ish, the tracking number shows up, every time. It's funny how consistent NewEgg really is.