PDA

View Full Version : crystal ball..how long will it be

tornadog
12-28-06, 07:02 PM
I have a 7900 gto...my monitor doesnt support resolutions over 1280 x 1024...I cant use lcd monitors because of a medical condition. All I do on my machine is play games and usual home-office stuff. How long will I be able to play games at the highest settings at this resolution without needing an upgrade???

Roadhog
12-28-06, 07:04 PM
I have a 7900 gto...my monitor doesnt support resolutions over 1280 x 1024...I cant use lcd monitors because of a medical condition. All I do on my machine is play games and usual home-office stuff. How long will I be able to play games at the highest settings at this resolution without needing an upgrade???

No clue, probably a year at medium to high.. depends on how much AA/AF you run...

lduguay
12-29-06, 05:22 AM
Sorry to be blunt, but, i cant think of any medical condition that will prevent the use of a LCD monitor over a CRT..(sofahide)
LCD is so much easier on the eyes and very little EM radiation.
To answer you question, i think you're good for 3-4 years.

CaptNKILL
12-29-06, 06:13 AM
To answer you question, i think you're good for 3-4 years.
Not if you want smooth framerates. :o

Dazz
12-29-06, 06:50 AM
I would say a year myself once games start getting optimised for DX10 then the card will begin to choke.
4 years i don't know where you got that from it would be like playing a Radeon 9700 on Oblivion with everything on highest.

Xion X2
12-29-06, 08:49 AM
Three or four years? LOL. 4 years ago, we were all gaming on GeForce 2's, weren't we?

I'd say two years max--more likely 1 1/2. By that time, you'll need to upgrade for sure.

nekrosoft13
12-29-06, 08:56 AM
if you really bumb up the AA and AF now, then you will have to upgrade today.

it all depends, if you start lowering or disabling AA/AF then about a year.

Crysis will kill that card