PDA

View Full Version : NvNews takes over TDU, meet tonight.

Pages : [1] 2

MaXThReAT
12-29-06, 10:46 AM
For all that are in the beta, I think we should all meet up tonight at a rally point around a landmark or dealer that's easy to find and wreak havoc on the island. I've marked a club on the map below, bottom right in red. We could do a few MP challenges, head to head custom matches and we could all mark each other as friends, awww. I'll be there at 5pm MST. Speak up if you want to meet at a different place or time. Lets see how many people we can get together and roam the streets in a huge pack. My name in the game is of course, MaXThReAT. Hope you all can make it.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/9254/meet1lp6.th.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=meet1lp6.jpg)

Just for fun here's a map of the real island. It almost looks like the game has every road from the actual island, maybe more, very close.
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6650/1mapoahuilikai1lh9.th.jpg (http://img130.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1mapoahuilikai1lh9.jpg)

nekrosoft13
12-29-06, 11:11 AM
:firedevil i'm in

Tygerwoody
12-29-06, 12:50 PM
How do we see each other? I'm on the game, but I dont know how to see people online. I just installed it last night....

But yes, great idea. Do you guys want to talk over teamspeak tonight? I have a 24/7 teamspeak server if needed.

nekrosoft13
12-29-06, 12:57 PM
you have you create online profile, during profile creation if you didn't check the gamespy id checkbox, you can't get online

you have to either create new profile, or go to official TDU beta forums look into the how-to section, and there is a way to keep your current process, and make a new online profile

MaXThReAT
12-29-06, 01:00 PM
But yes, great idea. Do you guys want to talk over teamspeak tonight? I have a 24/7 teamspeak server if needed.

The game has a built in VOIP but it's the always on kind with a vol threshold. I just switch my mic on and off when I want to talk. Only people around you can hear you. As soon as someone come in to your area you can see their name pop up and distance. If we're all in the same area we should be able to find each other pretty easily.

Tygerwoody
12-29-06, 01:03 PM
you have you create online profile, during profile creation if you didn't check the gamespy id checkbox, you can't get online

you have to either create new profile, or go to official TDU beta forums look into the how-to section, and there is a way to keep your current process, and make a new online profile
I already did check the gamespy id checker. However, the game seems like a single player game to me.... Is it just that I am in a noob area and noone is around? I only played like 30 mins last night. I basicallly bought a car, drove around for 10 mins and got off.

Tygerwoody
12-29-06, 01:05 PM
The game has a built in VOIP but it's the always on kind with a vol threshold. I just switch my mic on and off when I want to talk. Only people around you can hear you. As soon as someone come in to your area you can see their name pop up and distance. If we're all in the same area we should be able to find each other pretty easily.
Yea, that sounds kinda crappy. I'd rather use Teamspeak.

How hard is it to make money on the game? I'm stuck with this POS Audi TT and want to upgrade. :p

shabby
12-29-06, 01:29 PM
5pm mst is 7pm est, i'll be there. Dont have a mic though, i'll be speaking through the rev's of my engine :D

How hard is it to make money on the game? I'm stuck with this POS Audi TT and want to upgrade. :p

Find a challenge that pays the most and keep doing it over and over again. I think in the early stages you can find some that pay anywhere between 5-10k.

Tygerwoody
12-29-06, 01:37 PM
how long would it take me to get a Mustang? honestly thats all I want. I could care less about Lambo's or whatnot. I'll just be cruising. :D

MaXThReAT
12-29-06, 01:40 PM
Yea, that sounds kinda crappy. I'd rather use Teamspeak.

I've done the million-dollar challenge twice now. The race takes almost exactly one hour and goes around the entire island but you need an A class car or bike. Took me about 58min last time in a Lambo. Do a few SP D class races to build up enough cash, you can just so the same race over and over if you find a high paying short one. Then once you get the faster cars the races pay a bit more. I own 2 houses and I'm saving up for a club. The more SP challenges you complete the more races and dealers get unlocked.
As for MP it's always on, it's like they combined SP with MP. Go to the map "M" and change the filter to people and you can tell if you’re online or not.

nekrosoft13
12-29-06, 01:51 PM
I've done the million-dollar challenge twice now. The race takes almost exactly one hour and goes around the entire island but you need an A class car or bike. Took me about 58min last time in a Lambo. Do a few SP D class races to build up enough cash, you can just so the same race over and over if you find a high paying short one. Then once you get the faster cars the races pay a bit more. I own 2 houses and I'm saving up for a club. The more SP challenges you complete the more races and dealers get unlocked.
As for MP it's always on, it's like they combined SP with MP. Go to the map "M" and change the filter to people and you can tell if you’re online or not.

hmm, it took you 58 minutes in A class? is that same lenght as that island tour race for 200,000k that also goes around the entire island?

I did that race in my Vette in about 44 minutes

shabby
12-29-06, 02:05 PM
how long would it take me to get a Mustang? honestly thats all I want. I could care less about Lambo's or whatnot. I'll just be cruising. :D

Well a mustang is like 30k, so not long. Believe me, once you get the mustang you'll get bored of it... you want the enzo :D

Tygerwoody
12-29-06, 02:13 PM
Well a mustang is like 30k, so not long. Believe me, once you get the mustang you'll get bored of it... you want the enzo :D
Try me, I love a mustang. In Gran Turismo 3 when I bought it, I had just about every car there was. When it was time to play around, I alway feel back on my old trusty 2000 Mustang Cobra R. :D

How do I unlock the mustang? From what I saw last night, I just had a choice between Saturn, Crappy old Chevy, Audi, and other random car c ompany.

nekrosoft13
12-29-06, 03:30 PM
Try me, I love a mustang. In Gran Turismo 3 when I bought it, I had just about every car there was. When it was time to play around, I alway feel back on my old trusty 2000 Mustang Cobra R. :D

How do I unlock the mustang? From what I saw last night, I just had a choice between Saturn, Crappy old Chevy, Audi, and other random car c ompany.

go to the map set your GPS to ford dealer and follow the arrow

Tygerwoody
12-29-06, 03:32 PM
go to the map set your GPS to ford dealer and follow the arrow
yea, I'm not sure I follow. I looked at the map yesterday and didn't see a ford dealer. Do I need to win more races to unlock it?

stjuart
12-29-06, 03:46 PM
guys i need some help, which package did you choose from fileplanet, on the price thing, there are 3 options but all i want is to get a key and download the file and cancel does it matter which one i choose, is their any catch to any of the prices that fileplanet give you.

Tygerwoody
12-29-06, 03:55 PM
guys i need some help, which package did you choose from fileplanet, on the price thing, there are 3 options but all i want is to get a key and download the file and cancel does it matter which one i choose, is their any catch to any of the prices that fileplanet give you.
Well, there is a 6 month contract, a year contract , and then one by monthly. You want the one that is just done by monthly. I believe it costs like 6.45. Its the most expensive one per month, but sadly thats the one you have to pick.

I went to 3dgamer and got mine. It was like 4.95. You can go there if you want, but same thing make sure you get the one that only costs the month.

shabby
12-29-06, 04:08 PM
yea, I'm not sure I follow. I looked at the map yesterday and didn't see a ford dealer. Do I need to win more races to unlock it?

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/test_drive_unlimited_dealer.png

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/test_drive_unlimited_dealer.png

stjuart
12-29-06, 04:10 PM
all set, i started downloading, and got a key right away, thats all you need right nothing that come from email. canceling in a month.

nekrosoft13
12-29-06, 04:18 PM
all set, i started downloading, and got a key right away, thats all you need right nothing that come from email. canceling in a month.

don't cancel yet!!

download the patch 3.65

stjuart
12-29-06, 04:20 PM
don't cancel yet!!

download the patch 3.65
i said in a month not right now. plus even if i canceled right now i still paid for the month and the service would still be on for the remainder of the time i paid for.

OWA
12-29-06, 05:29 PM
don't cancel yet!!

download the patch 3.65
Where is the patch?

MaXThReAT
12-29-06, 05:57 PM
Where is the patch?

I'm not sure, I looked around, it should be on FP. I opened the game and it told me there was a patch and closed and opened the page I need since it a closed beta it's prolly locked away until the game tries to grab it.

I'm heading in now. I'll be at the spot on the map. We'll hang out a bit till more get there if needed otherwise you should be able to find us on the map.
See ya in there.

nekrosoft13
12-29-06, 07:59 PM
if you look around the beta forums, there are linsk to fileplanet

nekrosoft13
12-29-06, 08:03 PM
alright i was online for a bit, but 3 BSOD later, i decided to give it a rest for today.

i know 2 people (plus me) that patch the patch started causing BSOD, for me it was perfectly fine before that. Just a word of warning.