PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to get an OC tab using new C.P?

newls1
12-30-06, 07:33 AM
Is there a way to enable an OCing area in the new control panel? like coolbits for the old control panel... Thanks

Scaramonga
12-30-06, 07:44 AM
Nope.

newls1
12-30-06, 08:33 AM
for the hell of it, I installed coolbits to see if it would work, and I think it did. I now have a section in the new control panel that is for OCing. I put it @ 700core / 1.55Ghz mem, and tried aq3, and my score was higher then normal. I think IM happy.

fatal1ty
12-30-06, 09:48 AM
With the new CP use Ntune. You can use NVtray and force the old CP still which will allow OC and refresh overrides still.

scott123
12-30-06, 09:51 AM
With the new CP use Ntune. You can use NVtray and force the old CP still which will allow OC and refresh overrides still.

Yes but you loose 16x AF (I believe)

Dr.No.pt
12-30-06, 11:32 AM
for the hell of it, I installed coolbits to see if it would work, and I think it did. I now have a section in the new control panel that is for OCing. I put it @ 700core / 1.55Ghz mem, and tried aq3, and my score was higher then normal. I think IM happy.

As soon as i click that new link it asks me to go nvidia website to read about ntune bla bla bla ...
How did you get to put frequencies ?

;)

rewt
12-30-06, 02:01 PM
Yes but you loose 16x AF (I believe)

Not true.

That's a different issue, with older nvidia drivers (that didn't have the new CP), when trying to get back the separate direct3d and opengl tabs.

fatal1ty
12-30-06, 02:49 PM
Not true.

That's a different issue, with older nvidia drivers (that didn't have the new CP), when trying to get back the separate direct3d and opengl tabs.

Yea you lose 16x AA, not AF

newls1
12-30-06, 05:36 PM
OK, I downloaded ntune, but cant understand how to make my GPU OC stick so when I restart, my OC is still there?

F_L_C
12-30-06, 10:36 PM
ntune is only required for G80 cards. You got a 7900, so you don't need ntune. CoolBits has always worked in the new CP for all older cards. Your card should also not be affected by the broken CoolBits bug in recent drivers because it's supposed to only affect G70 cards and below. But some 79xx cards are having problems nevertheless. If you are one of them, then use Rivatuner. Get rid of that POS ntune.

OWA
12-30-06, 10:43 PM
OK, I downloaded ntune, but cant understand how to make my GPU OC stick so when I restart, my OC is still there?
You have to create and save a profile.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80312

newls1
12-31-06, 08:11 AM
You have to create and save a profile.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=80312
awesome, thank you sir!

fatal1ty
12-31-06, 10:11 AM
I was able to get it to stick with the latest Ntune, however games ran choppy with Ntune installed. Removed it and went back to classic with nvtray, enabled old CP, OC tab and use reforce to force refresh. Works fine now.

Im not so sure ntune really fixed it. I believe using the OLD CP, enabling OC then overclocking it is what saved the OC, ntune was just the messenger reporting the OC. So for anyone trying to get OC to stick with ntune try this.. use nvtray enable the old CP and overclocking tab. Set your overclock, then install the latest ntune and revert back to new CP and I bet it will stick because the old CP sets the registry entries.... ;) Just beware than ntune seems to cause some performance issues...

scott123
12-31-06, 10:49 AM
Yea you lose 16x AA, not AF
Whoops, thats what I meant. So yes....it IS true.

Actually going the Ntune route really sucks for 8800 owners, because the highest FSAA setting in the old CP is 4x FSAA

Darkoz
01-01-07, 12:42 AM

Actually going the Ntune route really sucks for 8800 owners, because the highest FSAA setting in the old CP is 4x FSAA

Even with the Old Control Panel enabled, you still have access to the New Control Panel to adjust your 16xAA setting.

Grestorn
01-01-07, 07:25 AM

Not only that, the Transp. AA and Gamma AA settings are not working either.

But it's always possible to use a third party tool (like nHancer for example :) ) for those settings and use the old control panel for the rest.

rewt
01-01-07, 12:41 PM
Yeah. Third party tools are a must for enthusiasts. NVIDIA has been breaking driver features left and right lately...

We would be lost without tools like Rivatuner and nhancer, and I think they know it.