PDA

View Full Version : Clueless pls help

tornadog
12-30-06, 03:06 PM
My machine was running fine but I needed to reinstall windows because I had changed the cpu, psu and video card. During windows installation I got an error when registering components, something caspole.exe failed to do something. anyway installation went fine. Then I was in windows and installing the drivers. When I installed the forceware drivers for my video card, it said not enough power being supplied. I checked I had forgotten to connect the pci-x connector from the psu. Anyway I shutdown to plug it in and now the system wont boot. when i ht the power button nothing happens, no fans turning, no activity from the psu, nothing. First I thought it was my new psu but tried with my old one or also another I had lying around. Nothing. So whats gone wrong now? could it be the motherboard, how would I kknow which one is it.

hirantha
12-30-06, 03:22 PM
is the electricity coming to the mobo fine? do you see any lights lit? first check that.

is the CPU seated fine? memory is seated ok?

Stoneyguy
12-30-06, 03:50 PM
Just a guess, but maybe clear your CMOS by removing your mobo battery for a couple minutes and putting it back in.

Roadhog
12-30-06, 03:58 PM
My machine was running fine but I needed to reinstall windows because I had changed the cpu, psu and video card. During windows installation I got an error when registering components, something caspole.exe failed to do something. anyway installation went fine. Then I was in windows and installing the drivers. When I installed the forceware drivers for my video card, it said not enough power being supplied. I checked I had forgotten to connect the pci-x connector from the psu. Anyway I shutdown to plug it in and now the system wont boot. when i ht the power button nothing happens, no fans turning, no activity from the psu, nothing. First I thought it was my new psu but tried with my old one or also another I had lying around. Nothing. So whats gone wrong now? could it be the motherboard, how would I kknow which one is it.

Thats odd. Is the motherboard getting power?

john19055
12-30-06, 08:33 PM
That what I would recomend ,clear your Cmos and make sure all your connections are push in tight .

tornadog
12-30-06, 09:43 PM
well it started working alll of a sudden. Basically all I did was unseat and reseat all the cards and connections. Now I cant overclock!!! Anything over stock and system wont boot, and I have one of the opteron 165 steppings that is almost guaranteed to do 2.7 Ghz

As u can see in my sig, I had managed to get it to 2.68 yesterday, but now it won do ****...I suspect today morning's thunder storm had something to do with all this...

john19055
01-02-07, 03:53 PM
When I get a error when installing windows ,I just start over untill I get a clean install with no errors.,because if you were able to overclock before then there no reason why it should'nt still overclock.I would clear the cmos and do a clean install ,make sure all your bios setting are the same as when you overclock before ,like your voltages settings and hypertransport setting and memory timeings.because that Opteron should overclock to 2.6gigs with ease.